Author Topic: Broken for IwD:EE by latest update?  (Read 6897 times)

Offline Thorass

• Planewalker
Broken for IwD:EE by latest update?
« on: March 28, 2015, 10:50:43 AM »
Earlier this month a patch came out for IwD:EE - I've been pretty busy, and haven't had time to play IwD:EE again until just recently - the last time I played with this mod installed was before this patch for IwD:EE, and the mod worked just fine back then, but now the mod is just messed up for me.

Here are some pictures so you can see what I'm talking about.

http://s15.postimg.org/jy42vb4sq/2015_03_28_00001.jpg

http://s17.postimg.org/kl2hdyike/2015_03_28_00002.jpg

I've done complete reinstallation of the game twice now, but these issues persists - heck, during one of those reinstallations the mod was even more messed up, with the mod NPCs names being "INVALID" follower by a bunch of numbers with all their dialogue being the same. Please, help me out.  :'(
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 10:57:04 AM by Thorass »

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Broken for IwD:EE by latest update?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 02:05:08 PM »
Yes, that's your average installation dialog.tlk screwup, happens to all of us on IWD, BG2, BG2EE, IWDEE, etc.

I am no expert on things IWDEE, but I think it should go the same way as it goes with BG2: clean installations, new saved games. After a reinstallation there's a very big chance you'll never be able to pick up that old save again. So, that's what I'd do(if someone proves I'm wrong, I'd be happy to accept their way of doing things):

- before modding your new installation, backup your lang folder, override folder, chitin.key, and your exe file(so your reinstallations are much quicker, also take a look at how we used to do this:
http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,17555 );

- once you start your game, I recommend no patching or no new mods in the middle of the game - firewall it if you have to.

Offline Thorass

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 04:01:48 PM »
The thing is; I tested it with a new character in a new game, and the issues remained.  ???

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 04:32:54 PM »
Okay, and then there's one more thing (I've forgotten to mention it, right?) - mods are always installed after the patched installation (and optionally after the backup). If a patch is installed after the mod, that's it, it means no more mods and you probably need to install your mods all over again.

(Other than that, I don't have the patched game right now, I'm afraid(I do have a beta version on my computer, which works) - I would like to take a look at the latest version of the game, myself. I'll see what I can do about it).

Offline Thorass

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 09:41:41 AM »
Well, I did manage to salvage my progress by completely uninstalling the game once again, this time reinstalling pre-patch version of the game together with the mod. :P
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 09:44:28 AM by Thorass »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: