Author Topic: Wilton and Corianna are missing  (Read 9215 times)

my very bad english

Wilton and Corianna are missing
« on: March 20, 2015, 09:38:44 AM »
Just like the title says. Wilton is usually in the house north of the three fishermen on the ankhegs map and he should give nice cloak of protection +1 after we spot some gold to poor Brun. Corianna is the petrified ranger lady in the south -east corner of the Song of the Morning temple map. I'm playing vanilla BG:TOS with v. beta 14_ 150128 UB. I've played UB many times and never had any problems with them before. Are they transferred somewhere else or is it a bug?

Offline AstroBryGuy

• Planewalker
Re: Wilton and Corianna are missing
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 02:27:20 PM »
That component is working on BGEE.

Can you send me your SETUP-BG1UB.DEBUG file? It will be too long to post, but you can post a link to it or send it to me via email at astrobryguy@comcast.net

my very bad english

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 03:22:11 PM »
Done. Sent an e-mail.  You got it plus WEIDU log. Don't forget that on top of it is the NTotSC no weidu. If I messed something please let me know.

my very bad english

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 03:54:53 PM »
Ooopps. Sorry man, my bad. Sent correct one this time.  :-\

Offline AstroBryGuy

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 10:29:33 PM »
Done. Sent an e-mail.  You got it plus WEIDU log. Don't forget that on top of it is the NTotSC no weidu. If I messed something please let me know.

I did a test install of BG1UB on BG1+TotSC. Wilton and Corianna are there.  So, it would appear to be an interaction with another mod.

Can you send me a copy of the file AR1403.BCS from the override directory? I want to see if another mod is adding something to the script file to block Wilton from spawning.

Offline AstroBryGuy

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 10:55:21 PM »
It's NTotSC. :P

In vanilla BG1, all the area files have scripts assigned, even if the referenced script file doesn't exist. This is super-convenient for modding, because if I want to add an area script, I just have WeiDU compile the script (and EXTEND_BOTTOM is smart enough to compile a new script if the referenced script to extend doesn't exist).

NTotSC decided to "clean up" all the area files and get rid of the script references for areas where the script file does not exist.  That's why Wilton and Corianna are "missing". The CREs were copied over, the scripts were compiled to add them, but the areas don't call the scripts because NTotSC removed the references. ::)

EDIT: I can borrow a file from BG1NPC to assign the area scripts. But, time for sleep now... :-Zzz

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2015, 01:25:53 AM »
Have a look at what DavidW provided for bg1re for area script patching (and automatic patching of the area if the script is missing), I think it's the most elegant way so far for all platforms:

For area scripts, rather than having to do ACTION_IFs every time, I suggest just defining the following function in your ALWAYS block:

Code: (auto:0) [Select]
DEFINE_ACTION_FUNCTION extend_area_script
    STR_VAR area=""
            top=""
            bottom=""
BEGIN
    // find the area script from the area file
    COPY_EXISTING "%area%.are" override
           READ_ASCII 0x94 script
    BUT_ONLY
    // if it doesn't exist, give it a default name
    ACTION_IF "%script%" STRING_EQUAL "" BEGIN
          OUTER_INNER_PATCH_SAVE script "%area%" BEGIN
                REPLACE_TEXTUALLY "FW" "_AR" // TUTU naming conventions
          END
    END
    // extend the script
    ACTION_IF "%top%" STRING_COMPARE "" BEGIN
        EXTEND_TOP "%script%.bcs" "%top%" EVALUATE_BUFFER
    END
    ACTION_IF "%bottom%" STRING_COMPARE "" BEGIN
       EXTEND_BOTTOM "%script%.bcs" "%bottom%" EVALUATE_BUFFER
    END
END
Now we can just do area-script patches like this:

Code: (auto:0) [Select]
LAF extend_area_script STR_VAR area="%CandlekeepStorage%" top="bg1re/TlCher/TlCher_AR2606.baf" END

my very bad english

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2015, 06:08:10 AM »
Hmm, bad news. That is the reason why Flaming fist guy was alone without backup and explain why I missed Dark horizons encounter in the same area. Who knows how many areas and encounters were affected by this. But congratulations on swift finding of the problem! I take it you don't require that file anymore?

Offline AstroBryGuy

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2015, 09:25:41 AM »
@myverybadenglish - No, I don't need the file.

@jastey - Cool! Thanks for posting the function! I'll update BG1UB to use that.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: