Author Topic: Where are Prism's emeralds?  (Read 9541 times)

my very bad english

Where are Prism's emeralds?
« on: March 12, 2015, 03:45:47 PM »
Greywolf and Prism are dead, emeralds nowhere to be found. Poor Prism had only two lousy gp, I expected to found them in the eyes, but no. I'm playing VANILLA BG:TOS with UB beta 14 and something. And a couple of  minor things: bartender from Red Sheaf gives rumors from Nashkel, and that Flaming Fist guy who accost me on the road to Nashkel was alone ( no extra two guys from previous versions).

Offline CrevsDaak

• big kid lil' orc
  • Planewalker
  • duuuh graah
Re: Where are Prism's emeralds?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 05:40:43 PM »
Check in the eyes of the statue Prism was working on :)

my very bad english

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 06:44:41 PM »
But that is the point, I already checked it and they are not there. Last time, when I played 13.2 v. everything was fine. Of course, then I wasn't playing LG pally good- shoes, who refused to accept Prism's bribery but could not kill silly unarmed artist when he turned red. So I returned the next day, had Jaheira charm Prism and replayed whole thing with Greywolf. After killing that uncouth bounty hunter in a single combat they are both dead and emeralds are not in the statue eyes. Not a happy ending, wouldn't you agree?  :)

Offline AstroBryGuy

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 10:32:41 PM »
You found a hole in the quest programming logic.  :P

There are actually two copies of the emeralds. Prism has one set, and the other set is in the eyes already, but the containers are disabled.
* If Prism goes red-circle, the set in the eyes are destroyed. You kill Prism and get his set.
* If you let Prism finish his masterpiece, his set is destroyed and the containers are enabled. You loot the eyes from the statue.

So, by having Prism go red-circle and then letting him finish his masterpiece, you managed to destroy both sets. Whoops!  ;)

To complete the quest, you'll have to create the emeralds via the console:

Code: [Select]
CLUAConsole:CreateItem("ABGFEYEL")
CLUAConsole:CreateItem("ABGFEYER")

my very bad english

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 05:37:56 AM »
Hm, yes, saw that in InfExp. No matter, I'll just pretend they are still there, testament to Prism's  love and talent and Ellesime beauty. Real Greek tragedy ( not at least thanks to fact I didn't get my paws on that shiny things).  ;D

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: