Author Topic: optimal install  (Read 4736 times)

Offline shughes3

• Planewalker
optimal install
« on: January 25, 2015, 04:51:15 AM »
 I was hoping to get some suggestions for an optimal install to get the best and most complete gameplay. I currently have BG1,TSC, BG2 SOA, BG3 Morrowind. I also have Neverwinter Nights and Icewind Dale. What should I add and any other suggestions? I also wanted to get info on the tablet version of BG. Can you move from tablet to PC and back?

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
Re: optimal install
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 11:23:58 PM »
I currently have [...] BG3 Morrowind.
That would be a new game to me. Morrowind is an Elder Scrolls game, unrelated to the BG series.

If you want to add mods, the easiest way is to use the BWS (BiG World Setup) program: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/56670-big-world-setup-an-attempt-to-update-the-program/
I also wanted to get info on the tablet version of BG. Can you move from tablet to PC and back?
You can get the tablet versions of the Enhanced Edition games from the relevant app stores I believe (Google or Apple, depending on whether you have an Android or iTablet). And yes, AFAIK you should be able to transfer saved games from one type of device to another.

Offline shughes3

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 08:17:48 AM »
Thanks for the answer. Someone gave me a copy of Morrowind and said it goes with BG.. How does unfinished business fit in with the tablet version? I'd like to get all the available versions and make them work together.

Offline CrevsDaak

• big kid lil' orc
  • Planewalker
  • duuuh graah
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 09:45:50 AM »
Forget about modding in tables unless you own an iPad and have it jailbroken. And even if that, modding in the iPad is a pain in the ass (I say that and my iPad's BG:EE has more mods than my computer's :P)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: