BG1 Completed Mods > BG1 Unfinished Business

Suggestions for new features?

(1/10) > >>

Sam.:
Do you guys consider suggestions for new components/features?  If you do, you are welcome to include this small restoration of THUNDER3.WAV.  I'm not positive it is used by the game as-is, but it wouldn't hurt to fix it any way.

Secondly, has anyone ever considered restoring TAVERN.MVE?  As far as I can tell, it seems to be unused in the vanilla ToSC game.  Personally, I think it's kinda cool, though.  I can provide WBM versions of the movie for the BGEE game if interested.  Edit:  I can also add audio to both the MVE and WBM versions from one of the "tavern" soundtracks from the game (if desired).

Sincerely,
Sam.

Echon:
Suggestions are always welcome. :)

Where would THUNDER3.WAV be used? As was mentioned on SHS, these files are not used where it is raining. Of course, one could overwrite the current ones with THUNDER2-4.

I am guessing TAVERN.MVE was meant for the Elfsong Tavern. It would be easy to re-introduce to the game.

AstroBryGuy:
Restoring TAVERN.MVE for BG1/Tutu/BGT would be great, but I wouldn't add it to BGEE.  For BGEE, I think it would be best to leave it for a mod that restored all the original movies.  It would look out of place to add just TAVERN.MVE to BGEE since it doesn't fit BGEE's new movie style.

Sam.:

--- Quote from: Echon on January 20, 2015, 04:51:10 PM ---I am guessing TAVERN.MVE was meant for the Elfsong Tavern. It would be easy to re-introduce to the game.
--- End quote ---
That was my thought as well.

--- Quote from: AstroBryGuy on January 20, 2015, 07:31:40 PM ---Restoring TAVERN.MVE for BG1/Tutu/BGT would be great, but I wouldn't add it to BGEE.  [...]  It would look out of place to add just TAVERN.MVE to BGEE since it doesn't fit BGEE's new movie style.
--- End quote ---
Agreed about BGEE.

--- Quote from: AstroBryGuy on January 20, 2015, 07:31:40 PM ---For BGEE, I think it would be best to leave it for a mod that restored all the original movies.
--- End quote ---
I'll plan on adding it to BG: EE Classic Movies then :) .

--- Quote from: Echon on January 20, 2015, 04:51:10 PM ---Where would THUNDER3.WAV be used? As was mentioned on SHS, these files are not used where it is raining. Of course, one could overwrite the current ones with THUNDER2-4.
--- End quote ---
I guess the other option would be to add it on a delay to something like the Call Lightning spells.

AstroBryGuy:

--- Quote from: Sam. on January 20, 2015, 09:37:25 AM ---Do you guys consider suggestions for new components/features?  If you do, you are welcome to include this small restoration of THUNDER3.WAV.  I'm not positive it is used by the game as-is, but it wouldn't hurt to fix it any way.

Secondly, has anyone ever considered restoring TAVERN.MVE?  As far as I can tell, it seems to be unused in the vanilla ToSC game.  Personally, I think it's kinda cool, though.  I can provide WBM versions of the movie for the BGEE game if interested.  Edit:  I can also add audio to both the MVE and WBM versions from one of the "tavern" soundtracks from the game (if desired).

Sincerely,
Sam.

--- End quote ---

Since the other movies have sound, I think that would be good for a "Restored TAVERN.MVE".  It's actually kinda eerie silent... :wink:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version