Author Topic: Bugs and typos for IWDNPC  (Read 25345 times)

Ist'Tyrr

Re: Bugs and typos for v6
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2017, 06:31:15 PM »
Hey Kulyok!

Thank you for creating and sharing this mod! Personality is exactly what was missing from the game. I've played IWD several times but I think I've had by far the most enjoyable playthrough, tagging along your merry group of adventurers (Teri is my favourite, she won me over almost immediately!)

I think, however, I might have come across a bug. I'm playing a female, half-elf bard yet the romantic options that got unlocked for me was Teri and Nella.
Holvir and Korin only spawned their friendly dialogue paths, with no flirty options.
Initially I didn't think anything of it, however I have now progressed to Chapter 5 with no change. Going through the Read Me again, I noticed that Teri and Nella are only available to male players while Korin and Holvir to females. I'm pretty sure the game recognises my character as "female", cue certain hilarious dialogue options, where you can correct the NPCs and proclaim you are -in fact- a woman.
I scoured this section of the forum but didn't see anyone having a similar problem. Something I've missed?

I'm running the original IWD:HoW, patched and have ToTL installed as well. Game version is 1.42.

Offline Hendryk the Old

• Planewalker
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2017, 01:58:50 PM »
Did anyone figure out how to fix Nella's casting voice when you are multi-classed fighter/druid?

I had the same problem with Nella, dual-classed to druid, and Teri with a mage class added.  The answer is that there are two data fields, sex and gender, which require Male/Female entries.  Both ladies were listed as Female for gender but Male for sex.  Changing them to Female in both  fields fixed this small but disconcerting problem.

Busick

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2018, 06:19:38 PM »
I can't find the field in EE Keeper for "Sex" although I can see that Nella is assigned Female.

Offline The Imp

• Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2018, 05:18:08 PM »
I can't find the field in EE Keeper for "Sex" although I can see that Nella is assigned Female.
This is related to using a different tool to watch files with. For example, the IESDP refers to the .cre's offset 0x0237 as sex. The second being the offset 0x02dd as the gender...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 05:21:26 PM by The Imp »

Busick (temp)

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2018, 08:34:37 PM »
Thank you.

I still need a little help. I'm very not very good with technology at all, and the idea of dealing with editing files with hexadecimals kinds of makes me cringe.  :-\

But, perhaps you could explain it a little bit easer. I currently do not have a permanent account here (still pending approval) so perhaps in the meantime you could instruct me on how to change Nella's Sex field to female to get the correct casting voice.

When my account is approved, you could go ahead and send a PM. Thanks again!

Khilgharrah

« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2018, 12:25:19 AM »
playing in IWDEE, and sometimes my character is referred to as Nella (her name isn't Nella....) (don't know if it means anything, but FinnJO's subrace mod will force her colors to change too when I use it)

Fluke

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2018, 03:43:54 PM »
Ooops, posted on the wrong thread, did the old 'click next, instead of page 2' things.

Just to repost, Im playing in IWDEE 2.5 and everything looks good, as far as I can see there's just two minor things, already discussed here.

1) Casting sounds - Nella as fighter/druid and Terri as mage/thief have Sex: Male in NearInfinity, giving them male casting sounds
2) They all start with no scripts set - Im struggling to find a good script, especially for my pc shaman, I think npc bg1 had a very script attached, maybe this mod could be updated likewise?

(For Busick - youll need to download the latest java run-time, then the latest NearInfinity - put NI in the game file, with the chiten key, open it, find the ch files for nella and teri...something like o#teri and o#nella ... scroll down where you see Sex: Male1, and change to Sex:Female2... save edit, reload your game)

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Re: Bugs and typos for IWDNPC
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2023, 08:40:21 AM »
-- Never mind, wasn't a probably bug in the mod.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 02:12:26 AM by jastey »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: