Author Topic: Bugs and typos for IWDNPC  (Read 25445 times)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Bugs and typos for IWDNPC
« on: November 10, 2014, 03:46:15 AM »
Please, report all your issues here, in one thread, so they won't get lost in several separate threads.

IMPORTANT: please mention which version of the game you're playing, classic IWD:HoW, IWD-in-BG2 from G3 or IWD:EE from Beamdog.

If you're experiencing any crash issues in classic IWD, select the offending party member and press K.

87wrathen

Re: Bugs and typos for v5
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 11:49:18 PM »
Hi Kulyok

I've been checking out the forum looking to see if anyone else has this problem and haven't found it, so I must have done something wrong along the line.  Anyway, when a companion interjects in a conversation with an NPC, it loops the dialogue around.  For instance, on the subjects of wolves at the start town:

Korin: When you do, it may be too late.
NPC: Don't tell me you believed it, too.  Orcs in Easthaven! Ha!

And repeat again and again.

I'd love to play Icewind Dale with this mod, but I've made no advancement.  Please help :D

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 04:55:15 AM »
Hey! Sorry to hear that. I've checked the dialogue paths for both files involved, and indeed it should not happen at all - well, that, and it indeed works in my game.

Try uninstalling the mod completely, exit the uninstallation. Then try installing it again and starting a new game - maybe it should help?

Oh, and it's important: tell me which version of the game you're running - classic IWD:HoW, enhanced edition WD:EE, or DavidW's IWD-in-BG2? Because I only checked IWD:EE.

Offline dip0

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 06:19:52 AM »
Not sure if bug or not

I play using IWD:EE patch 1.4

Throughout IWD, things worked perfectly and I got the romances and banter just fine. However, at the end of IWD, I found myself unable to import/load the save in HoW (maybe I needed to move the save to a different folder?) so I loaded the Final Save and used the MoveToArea cheat to teleport to Kuldahar and talk to Hjolldir to start HoW.
Now, this in a way put me in HoW, but I still was playing via the IWD link rather than the HoW link (save wouldn't show up in HoW section), and I was still in Chapter 6.
I got the NPC banter just fine in the "HoW" campaign but no NPC initiated romance banter at all. I was still able to talk to my NPCs though and see that I was still in a romance with them. (and match variable was 2). Pressed K too which didn't fix this issue.

So I was a bit disappointed that I never got to the end with Nella (got the kiss at Easthaven crystal and nothing after).

The NPC talk with Nella also still had the option throughout "HoW" that the end was near or somesuch but no HoW specific options at all.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 07:37:29 AM »
Hi, welcome to PPG!

(I'm not a huge expert on IWD, but I believe the only way to get proper HoW dialogue would be talking to the guy in Kuldahar and agreeing to his proposal - just the way you've done, so you're fine, you haven't done anything wrong).

I see the problem: you've probably thought that HoW romance should follow IWD romance, just like ToB romance follows SoA romance. Alas, the game is not built this way - the game revolves around IWD campaign, and HoW is just a huge extra quest that can be taken any time after Chapter 1 begins. I usually recommend people to play HoW sometime after Chapter 3 - Chapter 4 and 5 are fine, too, but the final chapter of IWD is the story's finale, when the romance comes to the *final* part, so the Easthaven crystal is supposed to be an ending, yes, and HoW may be a let-down after.

In HoW, you get your regular NPC-NPC banter, two friendly/character talks with you for each NPC. For your romance interest(interests), you get two player-initiated lovetalks for HoW and one for TotL, BUT you only get the HoW talks and the TotL talks with Nella(or Teri, or Korin/Holvir for girls) if you are still in "continued" romance, i.e. not if your romance/match variable is at 2(the final stage) - because stage 2 is the ending of Chapter 6, when you are teleported back to Easthaven, and you can't continue to HoW from that - your story's over.

I AM really sorry for the inconvenience - I will put it loud and clear in the readme, for first-time IWD players especially, that I recommend to play HoW with your romance interest before the final stage /chapters of the game.

Offline dip0

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 06:46:08 AM »
No problem :)

I couldn't get to HoW before going to Easthaven because Hjolldir kept saying I wasn't strong enough.

So if I went along with Nella's "wait for me to be ready" in Chapter 6, I won't ever get past the kissing stage? :)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 02:01:13 AM »
Not sure I understood the question(probably because I don't remember the romance dialogue at this point), so I'll just draw Nella's romance outline again:
1) you meet, there's a spark of interest, first romance-related conversations follow;
2) Arundel dies; Nella freezes - but slowly unfreezes as her friends and the protagonist help her;
3) other stuff happens, and the party conveniently visits HoW and TotL, where they get some additional romance dialogue that does NOT continue the romance/move it forward, but rather ADDS to the romance;
4) the game continues to Chapter 6/Easthaven/crystal tower, where the romance finally ends(well, you've seen it).

Mika

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2015, 12:04:35 PM »
Hi! First of all, allow me to thank you for wonderful mod! I like it - in fact, I like it so much that I think I'll never play IWD without it anymore :)

But - not sure if that's a bug - I think that some of Holvir talks in IWD:EE are not displaying properly. At the beginning the mod worked like a charm but right now I am in the Chapter 4 and Holvir sometimes mentions the great fire he witnessed. But what fire? Is there a dialogue/dialogues about it? I didn't see it/them.

I usually try to play carefully and pay attention to companions in order not to miss any quests and interjections so I am pretty sure I didn't accidentaly clicked through any of Holvir' talks.

Please help me - did I miss something here? Or I am just imagining things? I play the Steam version of IWD:EE if that's important. Thank you in advance for help!

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2015, 01:44:25 PM »
Hello! Thank you very much for your kind words. As for Holvir's fire - this is his character arc; he reminisces on a fire from his childhood, in Waterdeep. Let me take a look at his dialogues, it's been a while...
Yeah, there's a banter in Dorn's Deep with him, I remembered that. But before, you got to have a conversation after the death of Lizard King:

"Dragon's Eye, level 1, Lizard King"

I'm wondering if the variables do not set properly in the EE version. That means you're missing like ten or twenty conversations. :( Oh dear. Seems like I have to ask people at G3, maybe they would know.
Thank you so much for telling me!

Mika

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2015, 02:35:31 PM »
Thank you for such a quick reply!

Nope, there was no conversation after the battle with Lizard King. I've reloaded a save just to be absolutely sure. It's a pity - I'd like to see more of Holvir (never thought I'd write something like that about paladin companion, really :) )

But I wonder now if all is ok with Korin's talks. Hope so - I am fascinated with his story and really want to see it through to the end.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2015, 12:54:34 AM »
I'm going to take a look and make code adjustments tonight, if I can (at work right now) - I'll release a new version this week for sure; I don't want you and anyone else to miss any more conversations, sorry!

Mika

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2015, 04:05:28 AM »
I can't thank you enough! I'll wait for the next version and begin a new game then - if you'd like I can test the mod as well. It would be my pleasure to help :)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2015, 07:23:57 AM »
Thank you! Well, I've asked for help at G3, and there are really great folks there, plus I'm going to discover stuff myself, so hope it'll be very soon. But - I checked the dialogues, and you aren't really missing THAT much - maybe a few conversations, yes, but hardly more. Everything else is in place, player-initiated dialogues and romance conversations are in place, too, and since you're at Chapter 4 already, I'd really recommend you to continue playing and get full pleasure from the game, because replaying IWD CAN be tedious, and I should know. Seriously, really, I mean it.

(if you can use console, I'd just give you the variables you need to set to listen to the missing dialogues right away)

(Also, just in case - you have tried clicking on the party members and talking to them, right? There's plenty of stuff there).

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2015, 11:36:59 AM »
Okay, I figured it out, and got V6 out; I'll change the links in a minute. It fixes only three dialogues - everyone else, I hope, appears to be working.

You DO NOT need to reinstall anything. Just activate the console and type those three commands for those three dialogues:
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("O#PCHolvir4","GLOBAL",1)
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("O#PCHolvir5","GLOBAL",1)
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("O#NPCKorinSevern3","GLOBAL",1)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2015, 11:39:40 AM »
V6 is out, bugs and typos for V6 are gratefully accepted here!

No changes in v6, except

- Fixed three additional dialogues to make them compatible with IWDEE

Mika

Re: Bugs and typos for v6
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2015, 01:46:37 PM »
Wow! Thank you! Thank you so much!  And I prepared myself for a wait and was even ready to start a new game! I'll try to use the console commands then and write how they work later)

>(Also, just in case - you have tried clicking on the party members and talking to them, right? There's plenty of stuff there)
:) Sure, and I am enjoing the chance to speak with companions when I want to :)

Warren

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2016, 08:09:56 PM »
Thanks for this great mod I have been playing with it for years now. I noticed playing IWDEE v1.4 from GoG that when I dual classed Nella into a druid the casting voice is male. If it matters I have just noticed this and have only cast Cure Light Wounds. Not a bug but a little odd. Thank you again for making these guys!

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2016, 01:12:05 AM »
Hi! I'll try to look into it, if I'm able to fix it, thank you so much for reporting! And glad you're enjoying the mod - these posts make my day!

Adam

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2016, 05:01:54 PM »
Did anyone figure out how to fix Nella's casting voice when you are multi-classed fighter/druid?

Florent

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2017, 02:07:32 PM »
Hi there =)

I first wanted to thank you for your mod ^^ It is a fine addition to the game, and I had a blast playing it through in vanilla Icewind Dale. I usually play this game twice a year, when the mood is right, and one of those times is with your mod !

I've recently been offered the Enhanced Edition of the game on GoG, so I upgraded my game and put all the mods I needed - including yours. Alas, it seems to be broken by the EE version of the game. Install goes fine, but then when I try to talk to any party member in the tavern, I just get a bunch of string errors, and invalid inputs. No dialogs, no names... I still get to interact with them, just that there's nothing to read...

So I tried to put it on a clean install of the game, all to no avail. I tried to put the game in a different language (as I used in french at first), again for nothing.

If you need any other info, just say so, I'll try to be more specific if possible ^^

Thanks again !

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2017, 08:02:31 AM »
Oooh, I might need help with this one. I think I tried it on EE-install-beta, and it seemed to work. Does anyone know or can tell me what the problem might be?

Offline Graoumf

• Planewalker
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2017, 12:00:10 PM »
Is modmerge recommended for IWDEE too? Because Florent's game is from GoG...

Offline hook71

• Planewalker
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2017, 01:27:28 PM »
Is modmerge recommended for IWDEE too? Because Florent's game is from GoG...
No, it is only needed for BG1 with SoD.

Offline AstroBryGuy

• Planewalker
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2017, 12:42:06 PM »
Open up the weidu.conf file with a text editor and see what the lang_dir parameter is set to. Assuming you are playing in English, it should be set to "en_us". If it's not, change the line in weidu.conf to read:

Code: [Select]
lang_dir = en_us
Then, uninstall and reinstall the mod.

IWDEE comes with DIALOG.TLK files for a bunch of languages. The first time you run WeiDU, it asks you to set the "lang_dir" parameter. Setting this parameter tells WeiDU which DIALOG.TLK file to use. The list of languages is generated dynamically from the list of languages in the "lang" directory, and it lists the languages by alphabetical order of their subdirectory names (starting at #0). For IWDEE, English is language #2 (since the "en_US" subdirectory is third in the list, after "cs_CZ" and "de_DE").  It's not uncommon to assume English will be first and press 0 - and then you end up installing your mods to the Czech DIALOG.TLK. ;-)

Florent

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2017, 12:50:08 PM »
I tried it out, and ended up with the same mix-up  ??? So I tried to install the mod in french this time, but leaving the "eng_us" variable, and it worked !? The text is all in english, but that's fine ^^ I suppose that I might change the variable to "fr" ?

Anyways, thanks !!  :D

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: