Author Topic: [BGT] Chanters in Candlekeep  (Read 6394 times)

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
[BGT] Chanters in Candlekeep
« on: November 06, 2014, 04:12:04 AM »
Hello!

BGT players know that there are some quirks when it comes to trigger NPC sounds in a few BG1 areas (see: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/30906-chanters-in-candlekeep/).

I have put together a workaround for the iconic Candlekeep chanters. In BGT, they would chant their line when the player right clicks on them while left clicking would only produce the infamous "has nothing to say to you" line.

Now left clicking would make them chant while right clicking would give a generic reply (to avoid duplication). This might be considered some sort of "minor restoration" (although I can't unfortunately reproduce the exact BG1 behavior)

What I'd like to know is if there is a way to not make the dialogue pause upon left clicking on the NPC. Can anyone help?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: [BGT] Chanters in Candlekeep
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 05:18:33 AM »
That's really nice! I'm used to right-clicking, though, but I can understand, after SWTOR, how someone would be inclined to left-click instead.

I think you can't "not interrupt" the chanters if you click on them - that's kind of hardcoded, no? (You could keep them singing if you create an invisible cre that is going to sing, but the pretty singing circle around the chanter will stop changing color to white when you click on him anyway)

Offline The Imp

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 06:50:53 AM »
What I'd like to know is if there is a way to not make the dialogue pause upon left clicking on the NPC.
Well, you can make it a proper dialog that the other chanters would intersect(hopefully that's the right description).
And then make the chanters normally just repeat a their own chant with a See([PC]) trigger + timer in their own scripts, that's how I believe they were done in the first place in BG1.
The BGT-weidu conversion didn't actuate it properly due to making them too much of an effort when there was plenty of other stuff to fix first.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 07:25:08 AM by The Imp »

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 09:25:43 AM »
Interesting idea, The Imp.

Unfortunately my modding knowledge is close to nil and I doubt I could pull it off.

Kulyok,

do you know if the Chanters in EasyTuTu behave like they should? :)

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 10:32:26 AM »
I'll be very happy to integrate this in the minor restorations section of bg1ub. When my modding-cycle brings me back to bg1ub, I'll have a look at this. Salk, if you have anything ready please send it to me, along with any wishes concerning coding and I'll see what I can do.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 03:58:10 PM »
Thank you, jastey. :)

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 11:20:25 PM »
I meant "wishes concerning the behavior in the game",  of course, I'll do the coding then.
Thank you for spotting these things!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: