Author Topic: IWD NPC v5 for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition  (Read 50890 times)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
IWD NPC v5 for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition
« on: November 01, 2014, 02:22:35 AM »
Version 5 is released and is available on the site!

http://www.pocketplane.net/iwdnpc

If you're playing classic IWD or IWD-in-BG2, there's practically nothing new: I fixed a few typos, thanks to hook71, and one interjection bug. Also updated to Weidu v237, thanks to Wisp.

For IWD:EE users, there's IWD:EE support, IWD:EE-sized portraits and, well, all things IWD:EE. Alternate classes are good old IWD-in-BG2 ones: I recommend Level 1 NPCs if you want more. :)

This wouldn't have been possible without kind people like DavidW and CamDawg who helped me long ago with transition to IWD-in-BG2 and gave me beta access.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Re: IWD NPC v5 for IWD EE
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 02:36:01 AM »
Awesome! Thank you very much.

Offline Cahir

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 03:44:02 AM »
Oh boy, this is great!:)

Offline SapphireIce101

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 11:37:25 AM »
Awesome! I should probably finish playing with the group that I already started before installing this though. :P

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 12:59:58 PM »
You can do both! If you install the mod, the characters would be waiting for you at Kuldahar, and I believe their XP adjusts accordingly, even if you already are at 1200000xp points. (If you're at 2000000xp points, you can do it manually).

Offline Zazei

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 01:13:09 PM »
Oooh this might make me buy Icewind dale EE. I been strongly tempted to play it again but I'm also one of those who loves to have NPCs and I don't want to play Icewind dale without them. Wasn't sure you would update the mod for this version so I decided to wait and see. I do appreciate the amount of support you offer for your mods. :)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 01:27:24 PM »
It didn't require that many changes. :) And, btw, the game is there, but you can always play IWD-in-BG2 for free first(I recall that the main campaign and HoW were okay).

Offline SapphireIce101

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2014, 12:27:50 PM »
Ahh, I see. Well, my restartitis kind of hit anyway. Time to play with the IWD NPCs, and here comes Holvir as a Priest of Tyr! >:D

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 05:11:58 AM »
That depends on Level 1 NPCs mod - currently all the class options are from IWD-in-BG2. I'd prefer for Miloch to work his magic, since classes are complicated.

Offline SapphireIce101

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 08:25:40 AM »
Yeah, I tried to use EEKeeper, but apparently that doesn't have Priest of Tyr as a class right now. So, I may have to wait until Miloch updates Level 1 NPCs, and hopefully it'll have Priest of Tyr as an option, to make Holvir a Priest of Tyr.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2014, 03:42:55 AM »
Updated IWD:EE - now with big portraits, and now available on pocketplane.net, thanks to jcompton, who helped me finally access it(don't ask).

I'm going to work on some of my mods for BG2:EE language update, and then place it all in IE announcements on G3, hopefully. :)

Selia

Re: IWD NPC v5 for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2014, 10:48:28 AM »
Will this mod eventually be available for mac as well?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2014, 11:46:29 AM »
I'm not sure there's even an audience, other than four or five people - download stats aren't very high even for BG2 OSX mods(3-6 a month, maybe).  Given how BG2 download numbers are eight or ten times the number of IWD NPC downloads(and given how I'll never afford a Mac myself, even half of a one), it's really a low one.

Selia

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2014, 02:18:32 PM »
Ah, that's understandable, and luckily not much of a problem. I'll just install it through windows :)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2014, 12:15:59 AM »
I'm glad it'll work for you! I'm not good at making OSX stuff, but I don't think jcompton would mind if I add an OSX version - well, if someone proficient helps with it, because I never made one for an IWD mod before(and when I made some for my BG2 mods, people had to correct my command files. :) )

Offline AstroBryGuy

• Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2014, 12:45:49 AM »
I'd be happy to help with an OSX version.  I'll be making one so that I can install IWDNPC on my Mac with IWDEE anyway!  :)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2014, 01:07:25 AM »
Great! My mail is kulyok(well, naturally),
 at yandex.ru, and I'll be happy to upload your Mac version when it's ready!

Offline Timbo

• Planewalker
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2015, 08:37:19 AM »
I just played through the OSX version, this was the best time I've had playing IWD. Nella, Severn, and Teri were particularly great, though Holvir only suffered as my protagonist was a paladin so there was a certain, "Yeah, I know. Yep, got it" aspect with Holvir's explanations of duty, honor, etc. I think Korin just wasn't my cup of tea, but I spec'd him as an Archer so he was invaluable. Nella in particular really grew on me; I initially thought, "Oh, great, another sad druid" but she was so elegantly written I was really taken with her, and her romance was easily as satisfying as the BG II ones.

I had always thought IWD suffered next to BG; with IWD NPC it was really wonderful.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2015, 09:19:16 AM »
Welcome to PPG! Happy New Year, and thank you - I'm really glad Nella in particular worked for you. :) And of course, AstroBryGuy's been awesome in preparing the OSX version for me(since I only test things on Windows), so thanks to him again for that.

Manny

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2015, 08:15:54 AM »
I have an issue with this mod. I wanted to use these NPC for my F/M/C who is already 10/11/10, and when I started a new game, all these NPCs auto leveled up to match him. However, their weapon proficiences are still as if they were level 1, which makes them completely unusable. What to do? Can I level them manually somehow, or force them to start at level 1? The level 1 npc mod from gibberlings does not seem to work with IWD:EE.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2015, 02:54:26 AM »
Yes, there's a level up button for that for each of the NPCs. I just re-checked in my IWD EE game. Your party members will indeed have adjusted experience, but you can manually assign new unused slots in the proficiencies section, so you should be all right in that department. That's what happens with all other NPC mods for BG2, too. So you indeed can level them manually.

Manny

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2015, 04:55:34 PM »
I figured out what the problem was: the game was set to HoF when I started it. It seems the mod goes wack if player does that. Works fine otherwise.

Thanks for all your work :)

Offline Grunker

• Planewalker
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2015, 10:10:47 AM »
Hey Kulyok, is there something like a Level1NPC option for this mod? I'd love to play through this content again when I buy IWD:EE, but I'm not that keen on replaying IWD with the same character builds :)

Offline The Imp

• Planewalker
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2015, 03:56:41 PM »
Hey Kulyok, is there something like a Level1NPC option for this mod? I'd love to play through this content again when I buy IWD:EE, but I'm not that keen on replaying IWD with the same character builds :)
Well, no officially, but you could ask from CrevsDaak to include these IWDEE NPCs and ask for a copy of the beta he is working on.
You could use the Enhanced Edition Keeper too.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: