Author Topic: d0tweak beta testers wanted!  (Read 10799 times)

Offline Angel

• Planewalker
d0tweak beta testers wanted!
« on: September 10, 2014, 05:11:21 PM »
Alright everyone, I have an update for d0tweak ready for some testing, version v22rc1.

My update does not add any new functionality and changes the content in only minor ways, it's mainly a code overhaul.  A short list of what I did:

- Revised most of the code:
  - Upgraded to WeiDU v236.
  - Improved the overall layout.
  - Replaced DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF and DECOMPILE_DLG_TO_D with DECOMPILE_AND_PATCH.
  - Used macros and functions where possible.
  - Better kit fix/tweak code in the ALWAYS block (thanks to The Imp for this), this also fixes the screwed up MAGESCHOOL_GENERALIST bug.
  - Cleaned up unused files, restructured some files and directories.
  - Moved function- and macro definitions to separate files.
- Deprecated Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior and Corrected Demon Animations in favor of the versions from the G3 Fixpack.
- Improved Goodberries and BG1-Style Summon Spells now detect Divine Remix and take corrective actions; clerics will no longer get these spells if they don't have the correct sphere.
- Visible Ioun Stones will now also patch the ioun stones added by Rogue Revisions, and can now be installed on a ToB-less game if you're so inclined.
- NPCs/Summons Set off Traps will detect the Shadow Thief Improvements of Rogue Revisions and not install if it is present, as these mods are conceptually incompatible.
- Reintroduce Dimension Door will no longer leave a needless copy of the spell file around (it previously copied spwi402.spl to spwi450.spl for some reason, but never used the copy) and now uses ADD_STORE_ITEM to patch the scroll into stores.
- Updated the readme, replaced dead links with something appropriate.

I have tested the mod both on a vanilla BG2 install and on a (heavily modded) BGT install, both on Windows and Linux, and it installs cleanly on all of those.  Since I didn't really touch the contents much, I did only limited testing on that, mostly just verified if the patched files looked good.

Things I want to do in a future version:
- Revise the code for Summoning Limit Removal. (Heard this one is buggy, although it works for me.)
- Rewrite BG1-Style Summon Spells to patch the spells instead of overwriting them for better compatibility.

VERY IMPORTANT: You must completely remove version 21 or older prior to installing this one!  Specifically, you should make sure that no "setup-d0tweak.tp2" file remains in your main BG2 folder, this file has moved to the d0tweak folder.

Did I miss something that should be fixed?  Encountered any bugs?  Or does it work perfectly for you?  Want to hug me?  Want to lynch me?  Leave your feedback here!

« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 10:12:40 AM by Angel »

Offline Mad Mate

• Planewalker
Re: d0tweak beta testers wanted!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 02:30:46 PM »
First, thank you for your work on this mod.
I just installed two of components from your 22rc1 and it appears in weidu.log like this:
Code: [Select]
~D0TWEAK/SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #5 // UNDEFINED STRING:   @17
~D0TWEAK/SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #6 // UNDEFINED STRING:   @25
I think that something went wrong.
Thanks!

Offline Angel

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 03:15:44 PM »
First, thank you for your work on this mod.
I just installed two of components from your 22rc1 and it appears in weidu.log like this:
~D0TWEAK/SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #5 // UNDEFINED STRING:   @17
~D0TWEAK/SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #6 // UNDEFINED STRING:   @25
I think that something went wrong.
Thanks!

I've tried a couple of times on a completely clean installation, but I cannot find any fault, it just works.  Did you properly remove any older versions you may have had installed before unpacking and installing the new one?  Because it's likely that you left the old setup-d0tweak.tp2 file in your main BG2 folder.

Offline Mad Mate

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 03:39:21 PM »
I just checked everything, it seems that mod installed fine and in debug file is:
SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED      Additional Racial Enemies
SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED      Summonning Cap Removal
But, it just written wrong in weidu.log
Maybe it is just one time error. I'm using BWP batch process from Leonardo, checked that it doesn't mess with d0tweaks files and it doesn't.
I checked Fixpack and nothing there, and there are no leftovers from old versions.
I think in next 2 days I'll do next install and report to you how it went.
Thanks!

PS. I think that in "Summonning" you have a typo ;-)
And here is debug file and weidu.log if it can help you:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b8w3wqs4lxdrf2c/SETUP-D0TWEAK.RAR?dl=0
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 04:04:52 PM by Mad Mate »

Offline Angel

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 05:23:18 PM »
Yeah, I noticed the typo while I was investigating your case.  It's not mine actually, I it was already there in SimDing0's versions.  But I've corrected it now, it will be in the next version.

I reviewed the logs and apart from the anomaly in weidu.log there doesn't seem to be anything wrong, the components installed quite normally.  The setup-d0tweak.debug does have the correctly translated strings and doesn't show any error whatsoever.

It may be an oddity due to the translation files and/or setup-d0tweak.tp2 file having moved between versions, I do not know.  Other than moving them into the lang/xx directories I didn't touch the translation files at all.

Offline Mad Mate

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 09:13:53 PM »
I did another install and same error occurred. But I investigated a bit and found out why it is happening.
When you install your mod, everything is fine, but if you try any new one, weidu picks up new mod folder for translation and can't find setup-d0tweak.tra.
Then I replaced all of "%MOD_FOLDER%" with "d0tweak" in setup-d0tweak.tp2, everything went great, and weidu.log is OK.
I hope it helps.
Thanks!

Offline Angel

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 03:15:24 AM »
Mm, that actually is a WeiDU bug/oddity then, perhaps it should be reported on the WeiDU forum.  But I guess that as a workaround, I can replace %MOD_FOLDER% with d0tweak in the language section for now.  Thanks for investigating!

I've uploaded a new release candidate with this fix (and the spelling error you pointed out earlier) in place.
http://www.pearlgates.net/modding/d0tweak_v22rc2.zip

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2014, 09:41:05 AM »
Thanks for updating this mod which I use exclusively for the NPCs/Summons set off trap (great and underappreciated component).

Offline Graoumf

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2014, 03:44:34 AM »
- Find better hosting for this!

The hosting is already found: this is a mod from PPG, and so you can ask Kulyok to upload it on its page on the site.

Offline Angel

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 12:20:23 PM »
- Find better hosting for this!

The hosting is already found: this is a mod from PPG, and so you can ask Kulyok to upload it on its page on the site.

Mm, got a point there.  Alright, I'll get to that once I can consider this update finished.  I still have a couple of things I want to check first.

Offline Angel

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2014, 02:57:24 PM »
I found a few issues during play testing, so I made another release candidate, rc3.  Testing still continues.  If you want to help me test this, grab the zip file from the link in the top message!

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2014, 10:57:09 PM »
Angel, the d0tweak folder in the rc3 version is almost half the size of rc2.

Sure everything is in there? :)

Offline Angel

• Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2014, 02:38:26 AM »
I forgot to remove the .git folder (version management) in the rc2 version. :-)

Offline AL|EN

• Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2014, 11:59:16 AM »
Many thanks for updating this mod!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 02:42:09 PM by AL|EN »
Project Infinity public BETA - mod manager for Infinity Engine games
Modder's Guide to Github - you cannot have progress without committing changes

Offline Angel

• Planewalker
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2014, 04:35:26 PM »
You're welcome, it was kinda fun to do really.  :-)

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2015, 02:20:50 AM »
Angel, do you have more plans on this or is your work finalized?

I was wondering if you might like to check also Ding0's Experience Fixer and expand it in such way that the XP total might actually be raised instead of reduced, offering options for players that play with multiclasses to benefit of a quicker level up progression, especially for those who play with AI enhancement modifications like SCS 2.

I actually have a customized version of it where I did add a 200% XP rate (I think)... Easy thing to do.

Offline Angel

• Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2015, 04:05:46 AM »
I want to revise the code for Summoning Cap Removal and BG1-Style Summoning Spells, but I think I'll save that for a next version, so apart from a few very minor changes I'm currently testing, rc3 is about as finished as version 22 will get.  Nobody has reported any bugs and I have found nothing myself either, so it's time to wrap version 22 up and finally get it released officially.

I already received a few other requests to take a look at the XP Fixer, but it is not a mod I use myself.  Still, since several people have already asked about it, I'll see what I can do.  Good point actually, SCS sure does make many battles quite hard indeed, and an XP raise might balance that out.  I'll give that some thought for my next run... :-)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2015, 05:31:02 AM »
Version 22's been uploaded to the website. :) Huge thanks to Angel!

Offline The Imp

• Planewalker
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2015, 06:06:53 AM »
I actually have a customized version of it where I did add a 200% XP rate (I think)... Easy thing to do.
One option instead of +100% to all player characters is to add in character effect that uses the opcode#104, with parameter 1 at 2 and parameter 2 at > 100. This will make it so that only that character is effected and you won't get god NPC while your lousy PC is still kinda lousy.
Usually this is easy to do with ShadowKeeper with copy pasting another effect and then editing it to fit the picture.

Thanks Angel for the work.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 06:19:14 AM by The Imp »

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2015, 09:33:36 AM »
Yes, cheers Angel!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: