Alright everyone, I have an update for d0tweak ready for some testing, version v22rc1.
My update does not add any new functionality and changes the content in only minor ways, it's mainly a code overhaul. A short list of what I did:
- Revised most of the code:
- Upgraded to WeiDU v236.
- Improved the overall layout.
- Replaced DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF and DECOMPILE_DLG_TO_D with DECOMPILE_AND_PATCH.
- Used macros and functions where possible.
- Better kit fix/tweak code in the ALWAYS block (thanks to The Imp for this), this also fixes the screwed up MAGESCHOOL_GENERALIST bug.
- Cleaned up unused files, restructured some files and directories.
- Moved function- and macro definitions to separate files.
- Deprecated Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior and Corrected Demon Animations in favor of the versions from the G3 Fixpack.
- Improved Goodberries and BG1-Style Summon Spells now detect Divine Remix and take corrective actions; clerics will no longer get these spells if they don't have the correct sphere.
- Visible Ioun Stones will now also patch the ioun stones added by Rogue Revisions, and can now be installed on a ToB-less game if you're so inclined.
- NPCs/Summons Set off Traps will detect the Shadow Thief Improvements of Rogue Revisions and not install if it is present, as these mods are conceptually incompatible.
- Reintroduce Dimension Door will no longer leave a needless copy of the spell file around (it previously copied spwi402.spl to spwi450.spl for some reason, but never used the copy) and now uses ADD_STORE_ITEM to patch the scroll into stores.
- Updated the readme, replaced dead links with something appropriate.
I have tested the mod both on a vanilla BG2 install and on a (heavily modded) BGT install, both on Windows and Linux, and it installs cleanly on all of those. Since I didn't really touch the contents much, I did only limited testing on that, mostly just verified if the patched files looked good.
Things I want to do in a future version:
- Revise the code for Summoning Limit Removal. (Heard this one is buggy, although it works for me.)
- Rewrite BG1-Style Summon Spells to patch the spells instead of overwriting them for better compatibility.
VERY IMPORTANT: You must completely remove version 21 or older prior to installing this one! Specifically, you should make sure that no "setup-d0tweak.tp2" file remains in your main BG2 folder, this file has moved to the d0tweak folder.
Did I miss something that should be fixed? Encountered any bugs? Or does it work perfectly for you? Want to hug me? Want to lynch me? Leave your feedback here!