Author Topic: Version update with minor fixes and changes (not to call it 13.2 beta)  (Read 12034 times)

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
I packed a new version with some bugfixes and minor changes. NO BG:EE compatibility.

Changes are:

BG, Polish: the correct text format is applied - by Zed Nocear

BG: "Minor Dialogue Restorations" Compatibility with Dudleyfixes: Several charmed dialogues fixed so gifts are not doubled

BG: item creation via script did not work because of the spaces in the container names - fixed.

BG: corrected lib entry, to enable correct journal entries in Prologue

BG: overwrites in-game scroll Raise Dead (SCRL63.itm), so now it works (Please note: works only at the place of the NPC's death. The NPC will be created next to the PC (also, if the PC is further away. I did not test what happens if the PC is in a different area, but I guess this will lead to problems. Important: The scroll is only applicable for the same game. You cannot save and reload! Inside the same game, leavng and re-entering the area of the death site seems to be no problem.)

BGT: "Minor Dialog Restoration" several charmed dialogue restorations tweaked so gifts are no longer given doubled

BG/BGT/Tutu: "Appropriate Albert and Rufie Reward" Albert now will give a horn coral gem as a reward. Also tweaked the component so that Albert only gives one reward for BGT and BG with Baldurdash.

BGT/Tutu: "Prism": Journal entried of Prism quest should now be correctly erased after turing the gems in. (Changed the custom tphs for the Prism component: giving the OUTER_SPRINT variables unique names to prevent mixup with the ones from the lib, although that was not necessary, and changed the REPLACE method to replacing high numbers with string references in the tp2 because REPLACE_TRANS_ACTIOn does not evaluate tra-references, which did the trick. Also, the folder structure and the place of INCLUDE for the Prism tpas was changed slightly.

BGT/Tutu: "Prism and the Emeralds Tweak": Added fix to make install order for bg1ub and BG1NPC Project / Gavin no longer a problem (Added a REPLACE_ACTION_TEXT for the whole Oublek.dlg and Prism.dlg to account for new states introduced by NPC mods doing I_C_T with passback line (namely BG1NPC Project and Gavin))

[link removed]
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 01:50:27 AM by jastey »

ZFR77

Thanks jastey!

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
Very much appreciated, jastey!

PS The Windows version comes with no file extension, by the way. You might want to reupload it.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 10:49:06 PM by Salk »

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Thank you, Salk, the link was missing the extention. Link is fixed now.

Let me know if you spot anything bug-ish.

Note to self: Still needs the readme update. Changes are listed in the tp2 (and the .txt).
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 01:15:18 AM by jastey »

Offline Silent

• Planewalker
Hi Jastey,

So, now only German players do not have to download additional audio package, or the French and Spanish players no longer need it too?

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
The latter: All former audio packages are integrated into the main mod. EDIT: This goes for v13.1, too.

- Sorry, I forgot to point this out to jcompton for the mod advertisment.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Version update!

Included is the correctly formatted Polish text for vanilla BG1. Thank you, Zed Nocear!

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 04:30:20 AM by jastey »

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Re: Version update with minor fixes and changes (not to call it 13.2 beta)
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 04:29:48 AM »
Version update!

Changes are:
BG: patches the in-game scroll Raise Dead /SCRL63.itm), so now it correctly targets Dead Actor
BG: corrected lib entry, to enable correct journal entries in Prologue (for UB, this is more a cosmetic thing)

Offline Eden

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2014, 04:47:07 AM »
Hm, Guess it is to late now to use this one, as updating over a BWS is not possible (at least not after a master biffing).

Anyway, thanks Jastey !

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2014, 05:02:29 AM »
Are you on classic vanilla BG1, too? Because in BGT/Tutu, the scroll should work.

Here, put this into your BG1 override, then all newly aquired scrolls should work: SCRL63.ITM (Raise Dead) for BG1:TotSC(!)

Seems I was too optimistic, correcting the Target to Dead Actor doesn't make the scroll work in BG1.  :(
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 01:07:59 PM by jastey »

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 02:59:07 AM »
Version Update!

BG: Scroll Raise Dead (SCRL63.itm) now works!

Please note: works only at the place of the NPC's death. The NPC will be created next to the PC (also, if the PC is further away. I did not test what happens if the PC is in a different area, but I guess this will lead to problems.)
Important: The scroll is only applicable for the same game, i.e. you cannot save and reload or the dead NPC will be lost to being raised with a scroll! Inside the same game, leaving and re-entering the area of the death site seems to be no problem.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 03:00:11 AM by jastey »

Brunzer

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 01:19:41 PM »
Hi Jastey,

I think I’ve found a small bug in Prism’s quest. I’ve protected him from Greywolf and afterwards I pried the emeralds out of the statue’s eyes (for which I got two journal entries).

After turning in the emeralds in Nashkel the original part of the mission updates and is filed under completed quests, yet the two messages about taking the emeralds from the statue are still in my active quest log. Or am I missing something here and will there be a follow up after taking the gems?

I’m playing version 13.1 (latest I think, downloaded a week ago) on a BGT install.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 11:25:03 PM »
Thank you for reporting, there is no follow-up, I'll have a look at it.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2014, 10:23:54 AM »
I am on this now, and I have absolutely no idea why this doesn't work. In case someone sees the problem: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=26791#entry228640
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 10:40:31 AM by jastey »

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2014, 11:04:06 AM »
Version update!

Thank you to Brunzer for the good catch. I have to admit that plainab already provided a fix for this problem, but I changed the code because I thought I am smart.

Changes are:
  • BGT/Tutu: "Prism": Journal entried of Prism quest should now be correctly erased after turning the gems in.

Offline Erg

• Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2014, 12:16:26 PM »
Hi Jastey,

I've another small bug, concerning Prism, to report (I'm using v13.2_140820 on EasyTutu). If you solve the quest in a such a way that Prism says something like "Alas, my work is complete.  Take what you will from my possessions, but leave the sparkle in her eyes.", he then dies and you are supposed to find the Emeralds in the eyes of the statue. However, if you have BG1 NPC Project and Garrick in your party, or some other mod NPCs, like Gavin, they will have something to say and afterwards Prism will drop the Emeralds as in vanilla instead of putting them in the eyes of the statue, in contradiction to his statement.

I believe this bug is only present if BG1 Unfinished Business is installed after BG1 NPC Project and/or mods like Gavin, so people following the installation order in this thread should not experience this bug, but unfortunately the current Big World Project Documentation recommends to install BG1 UB after BG1 NPC Project and Gavin.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 12:24:12 PM by Erg »

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2014, 01:57:21 PM »
Indeed, the actions added by the Prism component do not get repeated for the I_C_T interjections BG1NPC Projekt and Gavin introduce... Er, but I don't understand why not - if bg1ub is installed first, the changed actions should be repeated by any mod installed afterwards, no? Isn't that the use of the COPY_TRANS?

Thank you very much for pointing this out, although I have to dig deeper into this. It's my "being clueless day" today, it seems. EDIT: Oh, yeah. Of course, if bg1ub is installed after other mods that interject, the changes to teh original state are not in the new states introduced by the other mods. I mixed it up in my first post.

Thank you for pointing that out! All I can do is talk to Leonardo. There is no way for ub to detect the correct new state for prism...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 02:18:29 PM by jastey »

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2014, 09:47:26 AM »
OK, I spent the whole day doing the following: Downloading and unzipping all BG1 NPC mods listed in the BWP plus Vynd and checking for the Prism.dlg and Oublek.dlg compatibility problems.

Seems it's only BG1NPC Project and Gavin that actually have incompatibility issues with the Prism component: Gavin and Garrick from Bg1NPC interject into Prism.dlg state 7, preventing the placement in the eyes (if installed before bg1ub); Dynaheir from BG1NPC interjects into Oublek.dlg state 4 preventing Oublek to take the customized emeralds (if installed before bg1ub).

I implemented the following hack, and it works - although I have a bad feeling, because I have to keep this in mind as this type of things usually falls onto the feet later:

/* hacking attempt to make the mod compatible with mods I_C_T into Prism state 7 and Oublek state 4: (BG1NPC Project and Gavin), if installed before bg1ub */

/* IF BG1NPC Projekt "interjections" is installed: */

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~override/X#BG1NPCPhase2.G3~ THEN BEGIN

/* this assumes that there is no other "TakePartyItem("%tutu_var%MISC43")" in the Oublek.d */

<<<<<<<< ...inlined/oublek_compatibility.d
REPLACE_ACTION_TEXT %tutu_var%oublek ~TakePartyItem("%tutu_var%MISC43")~ ~~
REPLACE_ACTION_TEXT %tutu_var%oublek ~GivePartyGold(300)~ ~GivePartyGold(300) TakePartyItem("abgfEyeL") TakePartyItem("abgfEyeR") %ERASEJOURNALENTRY_PRISM_0% %ERASEJOURNALENTRY_PRISM_1% %ERASEJOURNALENTRY_PRISM_2% %ERASEJOURNALENTRY_PRISM_3% %ERASEJOURNALENTRY_PRISM_4% %ERASEJOURNALENTRY_PRISM_5%~
REPLACE_ACTION_TEXT %tutu_var%oublek ~GiveGoldForce(300)~ ~GiveGoldForce(300) TakePartyItem("abgfEyeL") TakePartyItem("abgfEyeR") %ERASEJOURNALENTRY_PRISM_0% %ERASEJOURNALENTRY_PRISM_1% %ERASEJOURNALENTRY_PRISM_2% %ERASEJOURNALENTRY_PRISM_3% %ERASEJOURNALENTRY_PRISM_4% %ERASEJOURNALENTRY_PRISM_5%~
>>>>>>>>
COMPILE EVALUATE_BUFFER ~...inlined/oublek_compatibility.d~
END

/* IF Gavin OR BG1NPC interjections is installed: */

ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~override/X#BG1NPCPhase2.G3~) OR
   (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~override/GavinNPC.B~) THEN BEGIN

<<<<<<<< ...inlined/prism_compatibility.d
REPLACE_ACTION_TEXT %tutu_var%prism ~DropInventory()~ ~%abContainerEnable%~
>>>>>>>>
COMPILE EVALUATE_BUFFER ~...inlined/prism_compatibility.d~

END

I'll upload the new version after some more testing, e.g. for Tutu (only tried for BGT yet). In case there is something obvious I missed, let me know!

With this change, the install order is of no importance any more.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2014, 12:45:55 PM »
Version update!
Let me know if the compatibility fix doesn't work for you. EDIT: The fix was not tested in-game. I only had a very close look at the oublek.dlg and prism.dlg and compared the actions of the relevant states. Any test report welcome!

Changes:
  • BGT/Tutu: "Prism and the Emeralds Tweak": Added fix to make install order for bg1ub and BG1NPC Project / Gavin no longer a problem (Added a REPLACE_ACTION_TEXT for the whole Oublek.dlg and Prism.dlg to account for new states introduced by NPC mods doing I_C_T with passback line (namely BG1NPC Project and Gavin))
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 02:12:47 PM by jastey »

Offline Mad Mate

• Planewalker
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2014, 03:00:00 PM »
Sorry, reported bugs in wrong UB. :-)
Jastey, thanks for your work! Great stuff!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 03:32:20 PM by Mad Mate »

Offline Cahir

• Planewalker
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2014, 01:00:52 AM »
Sooo, any news about EE compatibility? Or maybe I missed something and it is done already?:)

Offline Thorass

• Planewalker
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2014, 11:14:17 AM »
I concur. It'd be nice to hear what the status concerning the Enhanced Edition version of Unfinished Business is.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2014, 01:50:01 AM »
This thread is un-stickied, the new beta version is here.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: