Author Topic: Version 3, beta 2  (Read 5094 times)

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
Version 3, beta 2
« on: April 28, 2014, 11:58:49 AM »
Link

Since beta 1 could block the installation of other mods, here is beta 2. It also fixes some additional issues that were reported or unearthed since beta 1.

Changes since beta 1:
  • Do not overwrite
  • dcowl1.cre
  • maevar.cre
  • mvguard1.cre
  • mvpries.cre
  • aran.cre
  • aran02.cre
  • arnfgt03.cre
  • arnfgt04.cre
(Stupid forum software won't do nested lists properly.)
  • Mae'Var's bow is no longer marked as stolen
  • Fix oversight in "Saving Sanik in Brynnlaw" that could break the quest
  • Fix bug that had Lehtinan acting as if he had bought Risa, even though Kamir had scared Tredor off
  • Fix NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS when non-evil PCs sell Risa
  • Fix redundant journal entry when Kamir saves Risa from slaving PCs
  • Fix DS's CDDETECT.SPL to not be sourced from an item
  • Change "Miscellaneous Enhancements" to allow the option of not installing the additional random encounters

Upgrading from beta 1 is possible, but the usual caveats apply. There's nothing of consequence fixed in beta 2 that can't be gotten around with a reload, except the thing with Risa, but you weren't going to sell her anyway, were you?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 11:38:47 PM by Wisp »

Offline hook71

• Planewalker
Re: Version 3, beta 2
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 02:37:38 PM »
I might be blind but not seeing the link. Should be this though.

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 11:39:02 PM »
Right, thanks.

Offline hook71

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 01:34:49 PM »
Some potential typos to report.

coronet.tra:

@1    = ~I's heard 'bout a money lender somewhere round 'ere, but ye'd best be stayin' clear of him.  If yer seekin' work then I got a few ideas, though.~

yer -> ye're

@38   = ~I don't think so. I'll be forced to direct the authorities to your business here if you don't co-operate, and now that I know what you do, I have all the material I need to blackmail you..~

you.. -> you.

@352  = ~Bah!  You're got some nerve, coming in here and demanding something like that of an established patron.  But fine, fine, I'll pay up a quarter of my profits.~

You're -> You've

@384  = ~Oh, I'm so glad you're happy.  Wait another week and you'll be able to gleam some more coin to waste.~
@390  = ~Oh, you'll get your third then.  Now push off.  Wait another week and you'll be able to gleam some more coin to waste.~

gleam -> glean

d0quest.tra:

@106 = ~Gloves of Backstabbing
These rare enchanted gloves are issue only to the highest-ranking assassins of the Night Masks.  It is rumoured that the original design was that of a magic-wielding assassin in Sembia, and has since been copied by various guilds across the continent.  Regardless, these gloves mean that important assassins of the Night Masks are dangerous foes to be reckoned with.

STATISTICS:

Increase backstab modifier by 1 while equipped

Not Usable By:
 Fighter
 Druid
 Cleric
 Mage
 Bard~

issue -> issued
"Not Usable By"-section should be removed for BG:EE. Should be removed for @108, @143, @144, @167, @212, @302, @315 and @317 as well.

@284 = ~Dancing Lights (Schooless/Unspecified)

Schooless -> Schoolless

@302 THACO:  +3 bonus

THACO -> THAC0

@99948 = ~Find proof of Mae'Var's treachery.

Mae'Var's assistant has turned out to be none other than the Thayvian wizard I met on the Sword Coast.  He has set me a task to kill one Rayic Gethras, a Cowled Wizard who lives in a three-story grey building on the westward end of the Docks District.  I will know that Gethras is home if his door is open.  When Rayic is dead, I am to bring Edwin his signet ring as proof.~

Thayvian -> Thayan (for BG:EE)

galoomp.tra:

@29   = ~I see. I be grateful fer yer' help, an' glad there's been no bloodshed. Mayhap I'll pay 'im a visit...~
@32   = ~I see. A generous act. I be grateful fer yer' help, an' glad there's been no bloodshed. Mayhap I'll pay 'im a visit...~

yer' -> yer

miscellaneous.tra:

@43   = ~Bah! Where's the use in funeral preparations if you don't stay dead? You! Was it you who brought be back to this miserable world? Curse you!~

be -> me

paladins.tra:

@65   = ~I fear than I have nothing with which I might reward you.  I am forever in your debt, and I pray that your conscience is satisfied.~

than -> that

phluafae.tra:

@136  = ~What?!? You just gave ATE a perfectly good dryad harem? Gah! (Will somebody PLEASE start deferring the truly important decisions to me?)~

gave ATE -> ATE

potion.tra:

@37   = ~Or, how about I just kill you know?~

know -> now

@116  = ~Wait! I cannot allow such a scheme as this to continue. You are evidently quite insane, and should not the entrusted with such power. I will stop you by force if necessary!~
@129  = ~I cannot allow such a scheme as this to continue. You are evidently quite insane, and should not the entrusted with such power. I will stop you by force if necessary!~

the entrusted -> be entrusted

@120  = ~The effects of this concoction must be tested. I must observe its effect when imbibed in a small portion... imbibed by another, that is~

that is -> that is.

@165  = ~I... suppose. Let's get back to business~

business -> business.

slaver.tra:

@57   = ~I am most pleased at this wonderful turn of events.  May Lathander forgive you, my <LADYLORD>, for some good has come of your actions.  Sometimes... sometimes Faerun can be a kind place...~

Faerun -> Faerûn (for BG:EE)

solamnic.tra:

@6    = ~Solamnic Knights at the Order.

I have spoken with the prelate of the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart. He has said that the Solamnic Knights can stay as with them as honoured guests. It's a viable alternative if they can't get home another way.~

stay as with -> stay with

thieves.tra:

@75   = ~Deceiving Edwin.

Instead of killing Rayic Gethras as Edwin asked, I have stuck a deal with him. I have taken his signet ring to convince Edwin that he is dead. Once I have finished with it, I am to lead Edwin to Rayic, and return the ring.~

stuck -> struck

@171  = ~Carted off without warning... likely he's down on the torture racks now.  New fellow, Larrell's in charge now.~

Larrell's -> Larell's

@172  = ~Larrel runs this place.  Not the most talkative guy... I doubt he'd have any business for you right now.~

Larrel -> Larell

@412  = ~Very well, then. We may take action ourselves in the future, with out without your assistance.~

out -> or

@421  = ~So Linvail is dead, and the prisoners he held freed. You have most certainly done the city a great favour. I hope you will find this reward sufficient for you deeds.~
@430  = ~So Linvail is dead, and justice has been done. You have most certainly done the city a great favour. I hope you will find this reward sufficient for you deeds.~

you deeds. -> your deeds.

@427  = ~I also have the head of the child-killing dwarf Neb. I expect a bounty for the service of killing him.~

dwarf -> gnome

@465  = ~Really? I've prayed for this day... thank ye sir!~
@471  = ~Really? I've prayed for the day when I might see th' sun again... thank ye sir!~

sir! -> <SIRMAAM>!

@494  = ~You... whoever you are! Please let me out! I can help you penetrate Aran Linvail's defenses!~

defenses! -> defences! (to match @496 and @500)

@518  = ~Oi remembers one lad I had in 'ere a woil back, in fact.  'e were a smuggler workin' for the Amnish army.~
@520  = ~All o' them was rounded up an' executed right quick like.  'e weren't so lucky, of course.~

'e -> 'E

@525  = ~'n' then once upon a time, that bloomin' pickpocket, Frenn came in 'ere.  I ne'er liked 'im, but 'is tale were rather amusin'.~

'n' -> 'N

@531  = ~'is moit be the saddest of all 'o them, if'n ye're saddened by them things.  He were in the Sea's Bounty havin' a mug or two with 'is lads, and they's chattin' about this 'n that.~

'is -> 'Is

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 02:10:28 PM »
Thanks!

I've corrected all of them, save for the "cosmetic" stuff, like:
"Not Usable By"-section should be removed for BG:EE. Should be removed for @108, @143, @144, @167, @212, @302, @315 and @317 as well.
I'm holding off on cosmetic differences between the regular and EE TRAs until a non-beta release, or I have written an automated convert-to-ee routine, whichever comes first.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: