Author Topic: Beta bug reports  (Read 28805 times)

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
Re: Beta bug reports
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2014, 06:24:04 AM »
Of course, all the files related to that area are missing.

Offline kreso

• Planewalker
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2014, 01:22:57 PM »
- Kirinhale (succubus in top Durlag's tower) used Dimension door and went ethereal, never to return again. I don't think this is FotD specific, however.
- other than that, I've finished most of city quests, all outdoor areas and ruins, and am now exploring Durlag's. Greater dopplegangers there (floor with Avarice, Fear etc.) didn't cast any spells, can't say if this if this is a feature of the mod.
After Durlag is done, all that's left is returning to Candlekeep & Endgame.
P.S.
CTD at werewolf village rest happened only when the village was hostile (charname was infected by lycantropy by Kaishas.)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 01:24:17 PM by kreso »

Offline kreso

• Planewalker
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2014, 02:44:29 PM »
Durlag is finished. I had CTDs very frequently when I rested and wasn't at full health. Odd.
- Avarice looks and behaves like a thief, but cannot backstab.
- Ghoul Lords don't emit an aura (shouldn't they?)
- regular Ghoul's aura seems to have very large radius
- my protagonist got hit by one ghoul and had his charisma reduced (?)
- we entered Chess battle without killing Fission Slime (black pudding or something). It just divided whenever it got hit, then suddenly we got teleported.
- main demon cast Charm person. Message displayed -
Death Knight-Charm Person-Death Knight (as if he is targeting himself)
Kagain - save vs. spells

Offline kreso

• Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2014, 03:55:51 PM »
I finished the game.
- ghoul aura displays portrait icon even if the character is immune/saves
- wraith spiders/regular dopplegangers/Iron Throne leaders in Candlekeep do not attack
- CTDs continued even after Durlag, only when resting outside. I could rest in inns. After Soultaker dagger got stolen I could apperantly rest without CTDs.
- web traps below Candlekeep (Prat gang) aren't bloacked by Spider's bane, even if web animation is
- Aec'Letec has messed up targeting - he cast Invisibilty on Kagain, used Vampiric Touch on himself and never used his gaze attack

I think this about sums it up. I might have missed few quests, but nothing big I hope.

Offline kreso

• Planewalker
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2014, 03:05:17 AM »
Oh, and apperantly all spells sold in temples have vanilla descriptions.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2014, 03:13:12 AM »
Hey, thanks a lot for playing through the entire game (and damn, you play fast). These reports are invaluable and will make sure FotD reaches a greater level of polish. :)

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2014, 04:51:50 AM »
- Kirinhale (succubus in top Durlag's tower) used Dimension door and went ethereal, never to return again. I don't think this is FotD specific, however.

This is intentional and remains unchanged by FotD. You can either kill her, or free her (which you did).

Greater dopplegangers there (floor with Avarice, Fear etc.) didn't cast any spells, can't say if this if this is a feature of the mod.

The Greater Dopplegangers in FotD were out of control and ran amok, more or less. I tried to fix this before the beta but failed and decided to remove my changes for the time being.

- Ghoul Lords don't emit an aura (shouldn't they?)
- regular Ghoul's aura seems to have very large radius
- my protagonist got hit by one ghoul and had his charisma reduced (?)

Ghoul Lords have an evil aura, yes. Normal ghouls do not have an aura but ghasts have a stench AOE. Ghoul Lords will also temporarily lower the target's con and cha with their attack if the save is failed.

Oh, and apperantly all spells sold in temples have vanilla descriptions.

I see the updated FotD descriptions in my game.

Cure Light Wounds in temples has incorrect description

Are you referring to the fact that it says 'heals 8 hit points' instead of 1D8? This seems to be hardcoded as there is nothing in the store files which reference this text string.

Offline kreso

• Planewalker
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2014, 05:29:49 AM »
As for temples - I was wrong, their (spells') description is correctly changed.

Offline Jarin

• Wanderer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2014, 05:32:34 AM »
So I've decided to install this thing unto EasyTutu, and install some other mods with it, such as the BG1NPC project. I've just left candlekeep.
As such:
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~EASYTUTUDEGREENIFIER.TP2~ #0 #0 // EasyTutu Degreenifier
~TXTMUSIC/TXTMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Restored Textscreen Music for BG1TuTu, EasyTutu, and BGT-WeiDU: 9 (22 Mar 13)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #8 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content): v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content): v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #11 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content): v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content): v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #13 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content): v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content): v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // The BG1 NPC Project: Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #16 // The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #17 // The BG1 NPC Project: Alora's Starting Location -> Alora Starts in the Hall of Wonders: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #19 // The BG1 NPC Project: Eldoth's Starting Location -> Eldoth Starts in the Cloakwood Forest: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #21 // The BG1 NPC Project: Quayle's Starting Location -> Quayle Starts at the Wyrm's Crossing: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #23 // The BG1 NPC Project: Tiax's Starting Location -> Tiax Starts in Baldur's Gate: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #25 // Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #27 // The BG1 NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #29 // The BG1 NPC Project: Cloakwood areas availability in Chapter One -> Open four Cloakwood areas (everything but the Mines): v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #30 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues: v20
~SETUP-TUTUSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Casting Sounds -> Restored BG1 Casting Sounds And Special Effects
~SETUP-TUTUSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Restored BG1 Combat Sounds
~XANBG1FRIEND/SETUP-XANBG1FRIEND.TP2~ #0 #0 // Xan's friendship path for BG1: v8
~CORANBGFRIEND/CORANBGFRIEND.TP2~ #0 #0 // Coran's Extended BG Friendship Talks, v1, October 20, 2007: v3
~AJANTISBG1/SETUP-AJANTISBG1.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installs Ajantis BG1 Expansion Modification: 9
~SETUP-FOTD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Fields of the Dead: v1.08
~TUTUGUI/SETUP-TUTUGUI.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldurs Gate I GUI for Tutu, SoA/ToB, or BGT
~SETUP-TUTUGUIFONT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldurs Gate fonts for TutuGUI
~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #0 // PaintBG: make portraits available via 'portraits' directory
~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #4 // Portraits for PC (BG1/Tutu) -> PaintBG: Override the old PC portraits with new the selection (suggested)
~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #5 // PaintBG: BG2 Portraits for BG Tutu
~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #9 // PaintBG: Ajantis
~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #10 // PaintBG: Alora
~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #12 // PaintBG: Branwen
~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #14 // PaintBG: Coran
~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #16 // PaintBG: Dynaheir -> Dynaheir with her more BioWare face features
~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #17 // PaintBG: Edwin -> Install Edwin portrait #1 (lore-wise shaved portrait)
~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #21 // PaintBG: Eldoth
~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #22 // PaintBG: Faldorn
~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #23 // PaintBG: Garrick
~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #27 // PaintBG: Imoen -> More detailed Imoen; a bit more cheerful
~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #30 // PaintBG: Jaheira -> More noble Jaheira
~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #32 // PaintBG: Kagain
~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #34 // PaintBG: Khalid -> Khalid with brown hair
~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #36 // PaintBG: Kivan
~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #39 // PaintBG: Montaron -> PaintBG: Montaron; more manly and evil look
~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #42 // PaintBG: Minsc -> Minsc (with tattoo)
~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #45 // PaintBG: Quayle
~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #47 // PaintBG: Safana
~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #50 // PaintBG: Shar-Teel
~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #51 // PaintBG: Skie
~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #53 // PaintBG: Tiax
~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #55 // PaintBG: Viconia -> Original Viconia; with a hood
~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #57 // PaintBG: Xan
~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #59 // PaintBG: Xzar
~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #60 // PaintBG: Yeslick
~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #64 // PaintBG: Additional portrait for Gorion (BG1 character)
~PAINTBG/PAINTBG.TP2~ #0 #65 // PaintBG: Additional portrait for Tamoko (BG1 character)

Bugs/Issues:

Pre-Install:
The included readme file relates to FoTD 1.07

Candlekeep:
In Winthropp’s Inn, two of the chests upstairs give 200 XP each when their lock is bashed.

Question: Reputation does not raise after donating 200 to temple, has this been changed?

Jondalar can actually be killed (in one hit). His companion Erik will then not stop attacking you upon hit, thus you can kill him as well, netting a neat 350XP in total (at no risk, as killing them does not affect reputation, nor can they actually harm you).

Dreppin says “Good thing you are not wearing any of that metal armor though” even though I am wearing Splint Mail (Human) armor - which is very metal.

Gibberlings are passive on EasyTutu as well.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2014, 05:58:07 AM »
Pre-Install:
The included readme file relates to FoTD 1.07

Yeah, I decided to skip the readme for the beta, but I will make sure the relevant information can be found here.

Candlekeep:
In Winthropp’s Inn, two of the chests upstairs give 200 XP each when their lock is bashed.

This bug was supposed to be fixed but I see a few of the scripts were not updated.

Question: Reputation does not raise after donating 200 to temple, has this been changed?

Yes, but I do not feel this belongs in FotD so I am going to roll back those changes. Feel free to delete REPUTATI.2DA from your override folder.

Jondalar can actually be killed (in one hit). His companion Erik will then not stop attacking you upon hit, thus you can kill him as well, netting a neat 350XP in total (at no risk, as killing them does not affect reputation, nor can they actually harm you).

His hitpoints have been lowered by FotD because his class is incorrectly set to mage. I guess what he needs is a cannot-be-killed item.

Dreppin says “Good thing you are not wearing any of that metal armor though” even though I am wearing Splint Mail (Human) armor - which is very metal.

His dialogue checks for the old non-racial armour. Will correct.

Offline Jarin

• Wanderer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2014, 10:52:15 AM »
Short trip to Friendly Arm:

Gibberlings - When I did not try to attack them directly, four of them attacked me instead! Rather weird 0_o.

Xvarts - Xvarts do not call for help (Xvarts that are slightly off-screen will not come to their aid). I am quite sure that the BG1 version of FoTD did have "Call for help" stuff in the AI. Right now it is a little weird to see six xvarts standing really close together, whilst only three break off to engage me whilst the other three have simply failed to notice me.

Friendly Arm - Beneath the tree where once lied the Ring of Wizardry, now lies a ring which does not have a graphic attached to it. I have not managed to ID this ring yet, but... Didn't FOTD in BG1 move this ring about?

Tarnesh, for some inexplicable reason, gives me the dialogue of an enemy from Baldur's Gate 2 (something to do with Harpers and everyone murdered).

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2014, 11:58:24 AM »
Xvarts - Xvarts do not call for help (Xvarts that are slightly off-screen will not come to their aid). I am quite sure that the BG1 version of FoTD did have "Call for help" stuff in the AI. Right now it is a little weird to see six xvarts standing really close together, whilst only three break off to engage me whilst the other three have simply failed to notice me.

That was the intention, but it always was a bit quirky. A lot of the 'Improved AI' needs to be looked at again.

Friendly Arm - Beneath the tree where once lied the Ring of Wizardry, now lies a ring which does not have a graphic attached to it. I have not managed to ID this ring yet, but... Didn't FOTD in BG1 move this ring about?

I removed this one from the game but made the other one more powerful.

Tarnesh, for some inexplicable reason, gives me the dialogue of an enemy from Baldur's Gate 2 (something to do with Harpers and everyone murdered).

I experienced this, too, and thought I had it fixed.

Offline Jarin

• Wanderer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2014, 05:22:49 PM »
The 200xp for lockpicking bug carries over to a lot of houses in Beregost as well.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2014, 01:44:02 AM »
The 200xp for lockpicking bug carries over to a lot of houses in Beregost as well.

The bug does not extend to just a few specific containers, but to a couple of scripts that are likely used by containers throughout most of the game.

Offline Jarin

• Wanderer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2014, 08:54:42 AM »
Hmm. On the Easytutu installation, two more bugs involving the "held" effect.

Jaheira has been killed by a Ghast's touch and "hold" effect. However, when raised, she is still held. This condition can not be dispelled (or atleast not with my current means or with "Greater restoration") nor does it go away naturally over time. As a result, Jaheira is effectively pernamently dead.

Garrick has been hit by Ghast, and has been reported as "being held", yet he shrugs it off and continues to fight, even whilst the game displays the "held' icon.

---

Also, Hobgoblins don't seem to call for help either. The fight at the campfire on the level above Nashkell got a bit more lacklustre then the fight I recall from the original FOTD.

Neira displays the same dialogue as Tarnesh.

Branwen does not have her spiritual hammer ability.

When enemies are cursed (Via the opposite-of-bless spell), the status message reads: "Alright then, I am off to do my dirty work, try to keep out of harm's way".

Nexvreflit the Xvart, who IIRC summons Ursa the Bear when you storm the Xvart village, is hostile immeaditily, does not approach you to talk to you, and as a result does not summon the mighty Ursa.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 09:19:11 AM by Jarin »

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2014, 09:27:37 AM »
Hmm. On the Easytutu installation, two more bugs involving the "held" effect.

Jaheira has been killed by a Ghast's touch and "hold" effect. However, when raised, she is still held. This condition can not be dispelled (or atleast not with my current means or with "Greater restoration") nor does it go away naturally over time. As a result, Jaheira is effectively pernamently dead.

Garrick has been hit by Ghast, and has been reported as "being held", yet he shrugs it off and continues to fight, even whilst the game displays the "held' icon.

I do not know why this happens. FotD does not change the paralysation effect on their attacks. As for Jaheira, you can use NI to remove the effects in the savegame. If you could zip GHOUL1.ITM and GHAST1.ITM (they should be in your override folder) and attach them here, I would like to look at them.

Right now I am busy fixing bugs in order to get the next beta out.

Offline Jarin

• Wanderer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2014, 09:46:35 AM »
Ghoul1.itm does not appear to exist. Here's the override folder.

One of Borda's potion's of healing does not have a graphic attached to it either. I have lost the ring that had no graphic attached to it due to party members dying and me forgetting about it 0_o.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2014, 09:52:28 AM »
Ghoul1.itm does not appear to exist.

I assume you mean GHAST1.ITM because the ghoul one is in the zip. :)

Offline Jarin

• Wanderer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2014, 10:00:07 AM »
Indeed, apologies :).

---

Hmm. Charname's innate "Cure light wounds" takes considerable time to cast. In the original game, this was near instant.

Gnolls do not call for help either.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 10:20:11 AM by Jarin »

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2014, 01:16:48 PM »
Hmm. Charname's innate "Cure light wounds" takes considerable time to cast. In the original game, this was near instant.

I changed all the bhaal spawn powers to match the original spells.

Gnolls do not call for help either.

This is designed the same way for all creatures so you should not expect it to work on any of them.

Offline Jarin

• Wanderer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2014, 02:48:40 PM »
I changed all the bhaal spawn powers to match the original spells.

If I may ask, why? Since charname is invoking an essence from within himself, shouldn't these spells function similar to, say, lay on hands?

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2014, 03:05:20 PM »
If I may ask, why? Since charname is invoking an essence from within himself, shouldn't these spells function similar to, say, lay on hands?

Not necessarily. In P&P, all innate abilities for both characters and monsters require a full round of concentration to use (a casting time of 10). However, this is one of those cases where I deviate from the P&P rules because using these abilities would be too time-consuming. Instead, these abilities have the same casting speed as the corresponding spells.

Offline The Imp

• Planewalker
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2014, 11:33:28 AM »
Not necessarily. In P&P, all innate abilities for both characters and monsters require a full round of concentration to use (a casting time of 10). However, this is one of those cases where I deviate from the P&P rules because using these abilities would be too time-consuming. Instead, these abilities have the same casting speed as the corresponding spells.
Erhm, the though between the P&P and BG2 games... it's not really representative ... and besides, the innate spells don't have aura cleansing, so it still takes the full round to cast the next. Not that setting them back to be same as the original is not a good option.

Offline Jarin

• Wanderer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2014, 11:40:33 AM »
Hmm. I have battled with spiders a few times now. They were rather fearsome in FOTD, and the way the poison system worked there required a lot of planning and looking at who-is-going-to-hit-what and such.

The huge spider poison in this version seems to do just 1 damage, then dissapates.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2014, 04:51:47 PM »
Erhm, the though between the P&P and BG2 games... it's not really representative ... and besides, the innate spells don't have aura cleansing, so it still takes the full round to cast the next. Not that setting them back to be same as the original is not a good option.

I am a bit confused here as to what you are arguing for. And what is aura cleansing?

Hmm. I have battled with spiders a few times now. They were rather fearsome in FOTD, and the way the poison system worked there required a lot of planning and looking at who-is-going-to-hit-what and such.

The huge spider poison in this version seems to do just 1 damage, then dissapates.

I did not intend to make them less dangerous. This is another bug.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: