Author Topic: Beta bug reports  (Read 28808 times)

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
Beta bug reports
« on: March 11, 2014, 04:37:40 PM »
I would like all bug reports to go here where I will keep track of reported bugs, fixed bugs, and so on.
Also, please mention what game you have installed the mod on (BG:EE/Tutu/Trilogy) and what version of the mod you are using.

Beta bugs (BG:EE)

Reported

(None)

Could Not Reproduce / No Idea Why

Creatures do not attack: Gibberlings, Wraith Spiders (COULD NOT REPRODUCE)
Creatures do not become hostile: Seven Suns dopplegangers (COULD NOT REPRODUCE)
Kirian casts Remove Fear several times (COULD NOT REPRODUCE)
Death Knight casts Charm Person at himself (COULD NOT REPRODUCE, DOES NOT USE CHARM AT ALL)
Cursed healing potions crash the game (NOT FOTD BUG, NOT SURE WHY IT CRASHES)
Sirines: Charm displays portrait icon when it should not (IT REQUIRES A SAVE)
Aldeth does not open the door to the compound (NOT FOTD BUG)
Game crashes in the Werewolf Village after charname has been affected by lycanthropy (NO IDEA)
Durlag's Tower: crash upon rest when damaged (NO IDEA)
Ghoul Lord/Ghast aura displays icon regardless of save (GHOUL LORD AURA OFFERS NO SAVE, GHAST STENCH DOES)
Crash: resting outside when having the Soultaker dagger (NO IDEA WHY)
Web traps under Candlekeep ignore Spider's Bane protection (NO IDEA WHY)
Cure Light Wounds in temples has incorrect description (LIKELY HARDCODED)

Beta bugs (Tutu)

Reported

(none)

Could Not Reproduce / No Idea Why / Not FotD Bug

Nexlit the Xvart does not initiate dialogue or summon Yrsa the Bear (NO IDEA WHY)
Grease makes NPCs hostile (NO IDEA WHY)

Beta bugs (Trilogy)

Reported

Taerum's DLG is not being patched (and needs to account for half-orcs)

Could Not Reproduce / No Idea Why / Not FotD Bug

Diseased Gibberlings do not attack (COULD NOT REPRODUCE)
Jondalar does not attack the PC (NOT FOTD BUG)
Reevor assists the PC against Jondalar (NOT FOTD BUG)
Party AI is 'not very bloodthirsty' (NOT FOTD BUG)
Ring of Clumsiness uses an invisible icon (COULD NOT REPRODUCE)
Grease makes NPCs hostile (NO IDEA WHY)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 06:33:37 AM by Echon »

kreso1

Re: Beta bug reports
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 06:13:30 AM »
Echon, do visit G3 forums and read my PM.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 06:20:59 AM »
Will do. However, your account was approved yesterday so you should be able to logon now.

Offline kreso

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 06:31:11 AM »
Ahh....kk. Basically, the game (EE, no other mods apart FotD) crashes whenever I visit areas with joinable NPCs if they spawn above ceratin level. As so far, I got CTD at Kagain's shop, High Hedge (Kivan), FAI (Jaheira, Khalid, don't know if Dorn as well). If I visit those areas early in game aka level 1, seems to work fine. I tought it would be an animation issue or wrong armor assigment, but if I CLUA Kivan or Kagain at any level game doesn't crash.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 06:59:11 AM »
Thanks for letting me know. This is bad, of course, but also quite odd as I played until chapter 4 on EE and had no crashes. I will try to reproduce this and get back to you.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 07:33:26 AM »
Some Tutu underscores had snuck into the NPCLEVEL.2DA for EE which resulted in illegal resource references at certain levels, mostly 4 and 6. I will update the beta later but for now, copy this file to your override folder and overwrite the existing one.

Offline kreso

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 07:45:13 AM »
Thank you.

Offline kreso

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 01:45:16 AM »
Echon, here's some fast feedback. In my run I've just defeated Pai'na.
Issues (or not):
- Curse spell displays a wrong string (Programmers, credits etc.)
- Cure Light wounds spell from temples has a wrong description
- some (very rare) enemies don't respond when attacked
- Kirian's group of mercenaries - Kirian cast Remove Fear several times
- Boots "Talos' Gift" display wrong portrait icon ("Charmed")
- Siren's charm displays an icon even when it shouldn't, their feeblemind doesn't display any icon
- Worn Whispers boots are per vanilla (iirc, they gave a +1 AC in previous version, I  may be wrong here)
- in previous version I played on BG1, a lot of wilderness containers were trapped/locked. They aren't anymore (area just south of Beregost for example)
- Cloakwood spider area has very few traps (I ran into just one)
- Iron Mind spell displays Fireshield portrait icon
- Claw of Kazgaroth, despite it's description, applies a +4 AC penalty.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 02:11:29 AM »
Echon, here's some fast feedback. In my run I've just defeated Pai'na.

Pai'na? Are you playing BG2:EE?

Issues (or not):
- Curse spell displays a wrong string (Programmers, credits etc.)
- Cure Light wounds spell from temples has a wrong description
- some (very rare) enemies don't respond when attacked
- Kirian's group of mercenaries - Kirian cast Remove Fear several times
- Boots "Talos' Gift" display wrong portrait icon ("Charmed")
- Siren's charm displays an icon even when it shouldn't, their feeblemind doesn't display any icon
- Iron Mind spell displays Fireshield portrait icon
- Claw of Kazgaroth, despite it's description, applies a +4 AC penalty.

These are all bugs. Could I ask you to note the enemies that do not attack? I encountered this, too.

- Cloakwood spider area has very few traps (I ran into just one)

I decided to remove them all at some point because none of the spiders have the ability to lay traps or cast Web. That one trap is an oversight.

- in previous version I played on BG1, a lot of wilderness containers were trapped/locked. They aren't anymore (area just south of Beregost for example)

I have rolled back some of the changes of the previous version, especially changes to areas. These may become optional components later.

- Worn Whispers boots are per vanilla (iirc, they gave a +1 AC in previous version, I  may be wrong here)

I changed it back (with -5% to MS, though) when I noticed that Boots of Stealth were not made up by BioWare.

Offline kreso

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 06:15:52 AM »
Pai'na - uuups. Centeol! Damn spiders.
I'll write down the enemies not responsive, yes.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2014, 07:51:34 AM »
Ah, I see. You have been making a lot progress if you are already in Cloakwood. Are you visiting the wilderness areas or just the ones related to the story?

Offline kreso

• Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2014, 08:00:15 AM »
I intend to do a full-playthrough, finishing all (at least most of) of ToTSC & the original game quests before I go visit the new area (iirc, it was called FotD in BG1, now it's "Battle of Bones").
I have visited most of the areas around Beregost and Nashkel, have not explored any ruins (Firewine, Ulcaster), nor Gnoll Stronghold ˛& surroundings.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2014, 08:08:53 AM »
Damn, that sounds great. :)

Battle of Bones is an area within the Fields of the Dead. To be perfectly honest, it is not very interesting right now because are only a bunch of monsters to kill, and no quests or even anyone to talk to. Of course, the original graphics by Max look great so you could go there for a bit of sightseeing. I really need to add a full-fledged quest to this area.

Offline kreso

• Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2014, 08:56:48 AM »
Will do. Anyhow, the creatures I've seen which don't attack when provoked are a bunch of gibberlings in an area just north of Nashkel (Lord Foreshadow is also in that area) and 2 sirens near the cave with golems (there are 3 in that group, one has a name and innitiates dialogue and goes hostile, the other two don't.)

2 unrelated questions:
- I don't know if it's intended that poison does 1000 damage
- one of my NPCs has been afflicted with a "Dying" condition. Is it curable? I think he was bitten by Khark's summon Death Dog or similar.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2014, 09:32:08 AM »
Huh. I knew about the pacificist gibberlings and thought I had fixed them. The sirens I did not know about.

re poison: Some types of poison are so potent that they kill the target outright. 1000 damage is how I implemented this.

re dying: It can be dispelled. It also takes a day or two before it kill the target.

Offline kreso

• Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2014, 09:59:24 AM »
I kind of understand about Greater Basilisk bite to kill instantly. Ok.
 I did try to dispel "dying" condition at the temple. The icon still remained. I was afraid of permadeath so I killed him and raised him. Not nice, but at least the icon was gone.
Also, Ray of Enfeeblement displays "Holy Power" icon.
P.S.
The Doomsayer (Charlston Nib quest) seems stuck. He doesn't move "x appears busy" message appears.
P.P.S.
"Dispel Magic" spell (priest version at least, but there could be more) doesn't seem to do anything even if the description states "chance to dispel is 100%".
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 10:36:43 AM by kreso »

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2014, 11:16:40 AM »
I kind of understand about Greater Basilisk bite to kill instantly. Ok.
 I did try to dispel "dying" condition at the temple. The icon still remained. I was afraid of permadeath so I killed him and raised him. Not nice, but at least the icon was gone.
Also, Ray of Enfeeblement displays "Holy Power" icon.
P.S.
The Doomsayer (Charlston Nib quest) seems stuck. He doesn't move "x appears busy" message appears.
P.P.S.
"Dispel Magic" spell (priest version at least, but there could be more) doesn't seem to do anything even if the description states "chance to dispel is 100%".

I have screwed up the wizard and priest versions of Dispel Magic by setting the dispel type to a ridiculously high number, which also explains why the Dying effect does not disappear even though it is dispellable. If you are familiar with Near Infinity I can tell you how to fix it.

Offline kreso

• Planewalker
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2014, 11:28:21 AM »
I fixed it locally already.

Offline kreso

• Planewalker
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2014, 02:59:50 PM »
Here's some more info. Can't say if those are bugs, but let's call them oddities.
- Viconia takes damage upon meeting her. Much later, she took damage from an unknown source again.
- the new area has a weird map. It's blank on some parts (only when you look at it from minimap - some areas, even if explored, show as black).
- when entering Cloakwood mines, my party got hit by Horror spell. Most of them failed the save and scattered, but the animation (whirling circles) remained where they got hit, even after the Panic effect was gone.
- battle vs Daveorn - he summoned about 60 monsters instantly, in addition to Guards and exploding skeletons. Cute, to say the least. I used a Pro Magic scroll here. The character I used it on was prohibited from using innates, potions etc. but only briefly. He was still protected from magic when he could use innates/potions etc. again.
- afaik, in vanilla game, Daveorn's chests are guarded by some kind of Slime, iirc it's worth 2k exp. It isn't there anymore.
- in BG, one can buy Ring of Invulnerability. Isn't the price slightly too cheap (750 gold) for it's effect - +2 AC, Minor Globe?

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2014, 03:59:43 PM »
Here's some more info. Can't say if those are bugs, but let's call them oddities.
- Viconia takes damage upon meeting her. Much later, she took damage from an unknown source again.

A bug I thought I had fixed. She is supposed to get more magic resistance per level.

- the new area has a weird map. It's blank on some parts (only when you look at it from minimap - some areas, even if explored, show as black).

That is weird. I just went there, used ExploreArea() and did not see anything wrong on the map or the minimap. Could you take a screen shot of this?

- when entering Cloakwood mines, my party got hit by Horror spell. Most of them failed the save and scattered, but the animation (whirling circles) remained where they got hit, even after the Panic effect was gone.
- battle vs Daveorn - he summoned about 60 monsters instantly, in addition to Guards and exploding skeletons. Cute, to say the least. I used a Pro Magic scroll here. The character I used it on was prohibited from using innates, potions etc. but only briefly. He was still protected from magic when he could use innates/potions etc. again.
- afaik, in vanilla game, Daveorn's chests are guarded by some kind of Slime, iirc it's worth 2k exp. It isn't there anymore.

I am not sure about the Horror spell, but it looks like Monster Summoning I & II are bugged. The Skulltrapped skeletons are intentional (they can be dispelled, by the way).

- in BG, one can buy Ring of Invulnerability. Isn't the price slightly too cheap (750 gold) for it's effect - +2 AC, Minor Globe?

It is. The price is set to 12000 but I suspect its charges are messing with that somehow.

Offline kreso

• Planewalker
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2014, 11:41:20 PM »
(http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac207/kreso_runko/Baldr031_zps73fa26e6.png)

About Horror (Fear actually) - I checked it via NI. It has a "Play visual effect" ability, "play over target", "unnatached". Afaik it should be "attached". :)

As  for Davaeorn's summons - he had literally summoned about 100 different creatures. Funny thing, I won with 1 reload (and that was because of skeletons, not summons).
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 11:52:32 PM by kreso »

Offline kreso

• Planewalker
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2014, 01:45:45 AM »
More about summons - I don't know about MS3, but MS2 is indeed bugged. It calls for several batches of summons (2 or 3), each consisting of Half-ogres, Gnolls etc. It happened vs Degrodel in BG.

Offline kreso

• Planewalker
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2014, 02:40:05 AM »
Ice Island - Dezkiel isn't on top level, he's on 2nd level. However, top level exit leads to outside, not the 2nd level where NI shows Dezkiel's at. This leaves the party unable to retrieve Shandalar's cloak, therefore unable to return to mainland. I tried CLUAing my party in the area (ar1010), and it worked, however the area's graphics are very messed up.

Other stuff - my protaginst drank several "cursed" healing potions, bringing his HP to -1. His icon was grayed out, was unable to access inventory screen, but he was still alive. Game crashed on next resting.
- Ramazith and dopplegangers in Seven Suns don't go hostile
- Fear spell displays animation even if save was succesfull
- Aldteth doesn't open the door to his compound when he enters it
- game crashed when resting in werewolf village (after I finisihed north part)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 03:30:16 AM by kreso »

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2014, 04:08:34 AM »
(http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac207/kreso_runko/Baldr031_zps73fa26e6.png)

About Horror (Fear actually) - I checked it via NI. It has a "Play visual effect" ability, "play over target", "unnatached". Afaik it should be "attached". :)

Yes, it should.

More about summons - I don't know about MS3, but MS2 is indeed bugged. It calls for several batches of summons (2 or 3), each consisting of Half-ogres, Gnolls etc. It happened vs Degrodel in BG.

MS1 and MS3 are fine, but MS2 is completely screwed up. Dezkiel pretty much filled the screen with just one spell. If you have not already done so, edit SPWI407.EFF and set Total XP to 1 (instead of 48).

Ice Island - Dezkiel isn't on top level, he's on 2nd level. However, top level exit leads to outside, not the 2nd level where NI shows Dezkiel's at. This leaves the party unable to retrieve Shandalar's cloak, therefore unable to return to mainland. I tried CLUAing my party in the area (ar1010), and it worked, however the area's graphics are very messed up.

Wow. I just assumed this area would be the same on EE but I never checked it, and I have no idea what they did to the TIS to make it look like that. Furthermore, it dawned on me that Tutu and Trilogy do not contain the graphics for this area so anyone going there on those games will see the interior of one of the temples from BG2. In order to make the restoration of this area work, I will have to include the original graphics with FotD (and, of course, make sure the first level leads to the second).

Other stuff - my protaginst drank several "cursed" healing potions, bringing his HP to -1. His icon was grayed out, was unable to access inventory screen, but he was still alive. Game crashed on next resting.
- Ramazith and dopplegangers in Seven Suns don't go hostile
- Fear spell displays animation even if save was succesfull
- Aldteth doesn't open the door to his compound when he enters it
- game crashed when resting in werewolf village (after I finisihed north part)

I will investigate.

Offline kreso

• Planewalker
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2014, 05:52:42 AM »
Furthermore, it dawned on me that Tutu and Trilogy do not contain the graphics for this area so anyone going there on those games will see the interior of one of the temples from BG2. In order to make the restoration of this area work, I will have to include the original graphics with FotD (and, of course, make sure the first level leads to the second).
Afaik, Tutu and BGT don't have Ice Island level 2; Dezkiel is on level 1.
 BG1 Unfinished Business restores it.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: