Author Topic: BG2 enhanced edition install error  (Read 12177 times)

Acronen

BG2 enhanced edition install error
« on: February 02, 2014, 02:21:09 AM »
I am not very computer savvy, and when I tried to install this mod to my BG2 enhanced edition (that I just picked up) it had a fatal error.  Says "Please run this program in your infinity engine game directory"   Fatal Error: Failure (Not a Game Directory)

Could somebody please help me with how I solve this?  I did run it for my old version of BG2, and it installed no problem.  All the options for language, changing class etc. went through just fine.  For trying the enhanced edition it stops at the point the little DOS window pops up, and gives the fatal error message before I can select language.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: BG2 enhanced edition install error
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 01:18:26 PM »
Hello!

Yes, I'd like an answer to this question, myself, since I only had other people testing Xan on BG2EE. There's a forum for BG2EE enhanced edition users here: forum.baldursgate.net - it should have an answer for sure.

And folks, if you are BG2EE-familiar and have an answer, please, paste it here and I'll memorize it. :)

Offline pro5

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 08:31:05 AM »
Folder varies between platforms and game editions, one thing all variants have in common, as far as I known, is that the CHITIN.KEY file should be in the same folder.

Windows Beamdog version path: *BG2EE install folder*\Data\00783\
Windows Steam version path: *Steam library folder*\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 11:32:22 PM »
Thank you! Will be advising this from now on. :) Basically, "look for chitin.key"(and I'll copy-paste your last two lines for directories).

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: