Author Topic: Bugs and typos for v24  (Read 24286 times)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Bugs and typos for v24
« on: January 20, 2014, 12:29:53 AM »
Because Unfinished Business doesn't have a maintainer, we have a one-topic bug policy. This way all bug reports will be in one place, and useful information will not be lost.

Please, report all bugs and typos in this topic. All reports are very welcome.

If you have translation updates, please, feel free to post links to them and the translators' names in this topic, too. Or PM me and jcompton.

Offline kicker

• Planewalker
Re: REPORT ALL ISSUES, BUGS AND TYPOS FOR V24 HERE AND ONLY HERE
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 02:59:48 PM »
Well... No bug report but: great new version! :) And nice german translation, too!

Offline Shaitan

• Stolt far
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 07:39:21 AM »
Not really a bug, but I get a 404 when pressing the special readme for Minsc/Boo's quest in the general readme.

Cheers

Kaia

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 04:19:06 PM »
v24's "The Kidnapping of Boo" appears to be bugged when used with BG2:EE

The quest begins as normal, Minsc initating dialog with CHARNAME but all of his speech runs into resource errors:

Minsc -Invalid: 103476
Minsc -Invalid: 103477
Minsc -Invalid: 103478
Minsc -Invalid: 103479
Minsc -Invalid: 103477
Minsc -Invalid: 103480

First response options are as follows:

1: 103481
1: 103482
1: 103483
1: 103484

Presumably the dialog branches from there, but all options result in similar errors.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 11:06:00 PM »
Hmm. I'm not that well-versed in things BG2EE yet, but it sounds like an installation error more than anything to me. I'm wondering if it's specific UB-error or is it relevant to all the mods in your installation? Do you have other NPC banter enhancements like Banter Pack, or Edwin Romance, or Keto, or Sarevok Friendship, maybe? How do they behave in your game?

Offline The Imp

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 08:45:43 AM »
v24's "The Kidnapping of Boo" appears to be bugged when used with BG2:EE
What version of weidu.exe did you use to install the mod with ? Read the .debug files first line about, yes open the file with Notepad or other such program and find out, it's likely that if it's not v23600, that your dialog.tlk was not edited in the correct folder...
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 02:43:29 PM by The Imp »

Offline Ishad Nha

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 01:42:31 AM »
I don't know if this error was fixed with the Kidnapping of Boo: you enter the upper floor of the Sea's Bounty tavern before Boo is kidnapped, this derails the latter dialog with the boy and the men. Which derails the entire quest, time to start up Near Infinity.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 02:01:29 AM »
Ishad, have you played the latest version of UB? The boy doesn't appear until Boo has been kidnapped, and the same goes for the thugs. Ironclad.

Kaia

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 08:42:19 AM »
Seems weidu is v23500. Where can I get the update?

Offline The Imp

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 03:23:05 PM »
Seems weidu is v23500. Where can I get the update?
From here, it's in the Windows Binary archive(.zip file).
There's a kinda related thread in the Tweakpacks forum, where the v236 solved the problem.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 02:48:16 AM by The Imp »

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2014, 12:33:28 AM »
Let me know if it works - I'll repack the UB and other mods' versions on the site with Weidu 236 if needed.

Offline Imrix

• Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2014, 04:56:32 PM »
Same issue as Kaia, only the numbers are different and it's with the "Kalah and what he was promised" quest. I blundered through a whole conversation of error messages, and the genie's lamp is called "Invalid: 103903" with a description of "Invalid: 103904" I'd test to see if WeiDU 236 fixes it, but I have literally never used the thing before, and all that code scares me :O
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 04:59:00 PM by Imrix »

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2014, 12:45:26 AM »
Okay, your attention, please:

I have updated UB v24 on this site with the newest Weidu 236 - if the problem indeed was with Weidu, it should be fixed now, please download it again, try it on your install and let me know.

Offline Imrix

• Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2014, 11:17:38 AM »
Success! Granted, I can't speak for all of the content, but it's cleared my problems with Kalah and What He Was Promised right up. Thank you!

Bryan Prieur

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2014, 10:26:18 PM »
Kalah and what he Promised .  the little girl does not appear at the end of the quest.
XzAr creations  got +1 Scimitar , Jahair doesnot react  to it.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2014, 01:54:42 AM »
Hi! Thanks for your report!
1) I'd like to fix Kalah if there's an issue, but the script seems normal, so I might need your saved game to debug and make sure it doesn't happen again. Can you please zip your saved game folder and send it to me, at kulyok, at
yandex.ru? I would need to know if you're playing BG2 or BG2EE, too.
2) I'm not sure I understand. Xzar's creation changed, and what happened? (I didn't write that component, but I did look at the setup file and didn't find any new character reactions).

Offline Kai of CandleKeep

• Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2014, 05:13:11 AM »
Murder of Acton Balthis quest cannot be completed.  I tried to reload several times and tried under different conditions.  What's happening is once I get the writ of innocence from Inspector Brega, I go to the prison to release Haer'dalis, but his dialogue is not correct. 

The first time I tried it, he said something about getting Mekrath's gem and HD went back to the Five Flagons.  I was able to pick him up from there, but Kryll (Krell?) --- the real killer --- didn't spawn @ Balthis estate and I was not able to complete the quest.  Second time I tried it, Haer'dalis just said his normal kickout dialogue and I was able to put him back in my party from the prison, but again, the real killer did not spawn and I was unable to complete the quest.  This happened 3 times, so I just gave up trying to complete the quest. 
Having a highly active imagination can be very taxing on the purity of one's soul at times...
- Sir Kalthorine ut Wistan

I find you amusing... in a "What the hell is wrong with you?" kind of way...
- Jaheira, BG1

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2014, 06:36:55 AM »
Yeah, I got a report like that already and I can't figure out what's wrong, because it should be working and it works most of the time. Sometimes it seems the game can'd handle Haer'Dalis' 9-degree death variable and I'm in trouble. I think I'm going to duplicate his dialogue both in P-file and J-file and not-joined-yet file in the next version soonish and see how he likes it.

If you'd like to complete the quest, please just CTRL-Q Haer'Dalis back and use these variables:
SetGlobal("O#UBHaerDalisInnocent","GLOBAL",1)
SetGlobal("O#UBHaerDalisInnocentTalk","GLOBAL",1)
and go back to Balthis' house. You will miss Haer's innocent talk, though.

And I'm really sorry for the inconvenience to everyone, be it a component of mine or any of the other components. :)

Offline Kai of CandleKeep

• Planewalker
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2014, 11:11:13 PM »
Thank you, Kulyok!  I'm so picky about completing everything, so the completed globals are exactly what I need to maintain my sanity.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  <3
Having a highly active imagination can be very taxing on the purity of one's soul at times...
- Sir Kalthorine ut Wistan

I find you amusing... in a "What the hell is wrong with you?" kind of way...
- Jaheira, BG1

Chuta

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2014, 01:03:13 PM »
Howdy!  Great mod.

Today I found a bug that seems to to triggered by the Minsc and his quest to find Boo.

After the quest is over (Found boo, Minsc gets his 19str and the boolet upgrade), Minsc no longer has any speech that triggers when you boot him from the group.  He just walks up to CHARNAME and stands there.  He cannot be spoken to and he stays in that spot even when you leave.  You cannot recruit him back since you can't talk to him. 

Saving and reloading there doesn't help. 

I had a save RIGHT before talking Elenanya to finish the quest (Where Minsc's portrait is still halfsize).  Booting him from the group triggers a speech (that he is angry but still I can tell him to go to the copper coronet).  Also had a load very close to before boo getting lost.  Booting Minsc triggers the normal speeches and I can send him to copper coronet.

So it seems this problem happens right after completing the the quest to find Boo.

I am using BG2:EE with UBv24.  (also SCS, atweaks, COM enounters, BG2 tweaks, Banterpacks, sellswords, Backbrynnlaw, Assassinations, Iepbanters.  All latest versions).  These were the ones that were given a green light as compatible with BG2:EE.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2014, 02:43:57 PM »
Hey! Please, zip the entire folder with your saved game 1) before the end of the quest, where everything's normal; 2) after the end of the quest, where Minsc doesn't want to talk, and your weidu.log file, and send it to me, to my mailbox at kulyok,
at  yandex.ru, if possible. I am not sure, but I'll take a look.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2014, 04:14:23 AM »
This is for v25, gracefully resolved by Chuta(thank you so much again!):

let's delete boo's scraps(wweboo) here: IF ~!G("WWEllyQuestions",0)~ THEN DO ~ActionOverride("Minsc",ReallyForceSpellRES("wwboo",Myself))~ EXTERN WWELLE NotAFool and maybe here:
wwelspl.baf . Check other instances, but I think this pretty much covers it.

Offline Lowki

• Planewalker
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2014, 04:01:21 AM »
Encountered a bug in slums when two shady characters (a dwarf and an ogre) are robbing a nobleman. Keldorn attacks them, but afterwards the dialogue does not trigger (appears busy)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2014, 12:18:35 AM »
Welcome to PPG and hello!

Thank you for reporting! Hmm, I'm not sure if anything is supposed to  be happening(I only see a short script on my end, no dialogue), but an "X appears busy" mantra works in two cases:
- the character is actually leaving(and will disappear in a few seconds if you take the camera off him) - was that the case?
- the game was not patched with the latest official Bioware patch before installing any mods. Are you sure you did patch it?

I'll look into it before updating, certainly, but right now I only see one block where these muggers spawn, no dialogue whatsoever.

Offline Lowki

• Planewalker
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2014, 02:56:15 AM »
Tried leaving coming back etc. If I loot something nearby the loot screen keeps getting interrupted, as if dialogue should happen  but it doesn't. Maybe it's a issue with Keldorn, because he has some dialogue during the mugging