Author Topic: Kelsey V4 released (unified SOA/TOB, EE compatible)  (Read 19201 times)

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Kelsey V4 released (unified SOA/TOB, EE compatible)
« on: November 19, 2013, 04:36:52 PM »
Update: Version 4 is now available, includes some text fixes identified by BWP. Thanks to Wisp for the update.

Thanks to Wisp and Kaeloree, Kelsey is now available in a unified-install, BG2:EE compatible version. SOA and TOB content are now included in the same package. Existing users can simply choose to Reinstall the Kelsey package.

http://www.pocketplane.net/kelsey

(OSX version to follow soon.)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 11:46:03 AM by jcompton »
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Kismet

• Devil's Minion #5
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Veni; Vidi; Velcro.
    • Pocket Plane Group
Re: Kelsey V3 released (unified SOA/TOB, EE compatible)
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 11:51:01 AM »
So whenever Kelsey initiates a flirt, the dialog is fine but the sound that plays is his initial greeting to the player in the government district rather than what should play (the music? silence?).
Cailean - An archer NPC for the insatiably nosy!  Guaranteed more fun than shampooing cats!

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 12:00:28 PM »
So, we've got

@3164=~(It looks like Kelsey has his mind on you, not your marching orders.)~ [FWKLSYMU]

and we've got the small, silent fwklsymu.ogg turning into fwklsymu.wav in-game...

EE engine experts, is there some "we don't like playing short silent sound clips, we'll play his CRE initial-greeting sound instead" issue here?

And the script isn't doing anything elaborate:

Code: [Select]
  RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("FWKelseyStartFlirtSOA","GLOBAL",1)
    StartDialogNoSet(Player1)
    SmallWait(1)
END
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 12:07:53 PM by jcompton »
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 11:10:53 AM »
Just take any 0 byte file, rename it to FWKLSYMU.wav, delete FWKLSYMU.ogg and repackage.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 11:14:24 AM »
But what I'm saying (if I was understanding the non-forum discussion I was having with Kismet correctly) is that the .wav file is where we expect it to be. (Yes? Kismet?)

Offline Kismet

• Devil's Minion #5
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Veni; Vidi; Velcro.
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 01:02:37 PM »
But what I'm saying (if I was understanding the non-forum discussion I was having with Kismet correctly) is that the .wav file is where we expect it to be. (Yes? Kismet?)

Correct.  fwklsymu.wav is in the override directory and the correct sound file is being referenced in dialog.tlk (at least from what I could see in nearinfinity)

I ended up deleting flklsy00.wav (his initial greeting) from the override so now I get a random selection sound like the other npcs.
Cailean - An archer NPC for the insatiably nosy!  Guaranteed more fun than shampooing cats!

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 02:19:01 PM »
For some reason in BG:EE the NPCs all play their selection sounds when  initiating dialog. I'd flag down K'aeloree, but I am pretty sure this has been listed as a bug on the bug tracker already (it happens with all NPCs, including Neera, Dorn, et al).

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 06:12:22 PM »
And now we've got an OSX build up. Sorry for the delay, everyone.

(People who don't like NSIS can also use the OSX build as I left the Windows WeiDU in it.)

Offline Kismet

• Devil's Minion #5
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Veni; Vidi; Velcro.
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2013, 06:49:06 PM »
For some reason in BG:EE the NPCs all play their selection sounds when  initiating dialog. I'd flag down K'aeloree, but I am pretty sure this has been listed as a bug on the bug tracker already (it happens with all NPCs, including Neera, Dorn, et al).

The issue wasn't that he was playing a selection sound when he started a flirt but that he was playing his initial greeting every time he started a flirt.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Re: Kelsey V4 released (unified SOA/TOB, EE compatible)
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 11:46:16 AM »
Kelsey V4 is now available, text fixes only.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: