Author Topic: Error with compiling scripts with Allegiance - ANYONE  (Read 1636 times)

Offline K4thos

• Planewalker
Error with compiling scripts with Allegiance - ANYONE
« on: June 08, 2015, 02:08:01 AM »
As title suggest weidu shows error when it tries to compile scripts with Allegiance when the trigger has ANYONE in it. Not sure if this is unique to BG2:EE or also present in other versions of the game. The problem is that weidu automatically decompile scripts and changes 0 to ANYONE, so it can brake things when using DECOMPILE_AND_PATCH. Currently I'm using this workaround:
Code: [Select]
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~\(Allegiance(.*,\)ANYONE)~ ~\10)~but it would be better if weidu would handle it.

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
Re: Error with compiling scripts with Allegiance - ANYONE
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 02:56:53 PM »
Changing the compiler to handle this requires a fair amount of work. It would probably be easier to fix the IDS file.

Offline Mike1072

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 03:51:57 PM »
Let's see if I've got this right.

Within object identifiers like [ANYONE.0.0.MAGE], WeiDU treats ANYONE as 0.  The enhanced editions decided to add an ANYONE entry to EA.IDS with value 0.  This doesn't interfere with how WeiDU parses object identifiers, but it does give WeiDU problems if ANYONE is used in a trigger or action like Allegiance() or ChangeEnemyAlly().

I don't see much benefit in having ANYONE in EA.IDS.  Object identifiers work fine without it, and the triggers/actions that use EA.IDS don't make sense when used with ANYONE.  Removing the ANYONE line from the IDS file seems like the best way to fix the problem.

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 02:39:41 PM »
I may have solved it. It's a complete hack, however. (It wasn't complicated as such, but my initial estimate did not much consider hack solutions.)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 02:41:13 PM by Wisp »

Offline Mike1072

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 05:09:48 PM »
Sounds good.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: