Author Topic: BG2:EE-related update for Pocket Plane Mods  (Read 19867 times)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
BG2:EE-related update for Pocket Plane Mods
« on: November 15, 2013, 02:01:55 PM »
Currently we've got these mods available for BG2:EE. Usual disclaimers apply(i.e. if BG2:EE people say that non-English versions don't work for the all mods yet, then they don't work).

Assassinations
Back to Brynnlaw
Banter Packs
Branwen
Coran
de'Arnise romance
Dungeon Crawl
Dungeon-Be-Gone
Flirt Packs
Keto
Tiax
The Sellswords
Unfinished Business
Xan

Thanks to Kaeloree's hard work, my own work and Wisp's and Cam's tutorials, we can now provide these mods for you for Windows and Mac.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Re: BG2:EE-related update for Pocket Plane Mods
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 01:50:55 AM »
Great news: Kelsey's been converted, too!

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 07:04:58 AM »
There was some trouble with installing audio files(ogg to wav) for the Mac versions of several mods(Assassinations, deArnise romance, Dungeon Crawl, Dungeon-Be-Gone, Tiax, The Sellswords, Xan); I've corrected it with a silent update. Mac users should be fine now(if you don't have audio, uninstall and download the mod again).

Mac users, please note: if a mod doesn't install on your Mac at all, it probably means that you have to update your OS version.

Offline Cahir

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 07:22:59 AM »
Kulyok as I understand Windows users do not need to re-download these mods? Previous versions updated to BG2EE should work just fine?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 07:50:19 AM »
Quite so. :) Windows users are fine.

Offline Zazei

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 06:41:56 AM »
How do we install these mods on the EE version? Is there anything different that needs to be done in order to install them or do we just run the setup files like we always did? I'm a little confused since some of these mods have new versions of them adjusted for EE and for some the older versions work just fine? O_O

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 07:40:28 AM »
Yes, just install them like you'd install a normal mod, I think.

If you're interested, BG:EE adjustments were the following: BG2:EE compatible checks for ToB content installation(old checks wouldn't work for some of my mods on BG2EE, for example, but everything's good now), extra code for journal entries and item descriptions, extra bmp files for portraits(new size) and .mos files for mod area maps (thanks to Kaeloree).

Your average NPC mod would work without any conversion and you can install that mod the same way, yes, though a more complicated mod like the Longer Road would very likely be incompatible. I'd recommend caution - use the mods from Kaeloree's list first: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/23726/bgii-ee-compatible-mod-list#latest

Offline Zazei

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 12:40:45 PM »
Thank you again for all your help Kulyok. I managed to figure it all out and get it working with your explanation. :)
If you are willing I'm wondering if you could humor me and anwser a general question about the EE version. I never quite liked BG1 as much as I do with BG2 so I never completed the BG1 EE edition even though I got it months ago, now that BG2 is finally here I don't feel like playing through Baldur's gate 1 to reach my favorite game unless I really have to. *However* I also sort of want to try out the new romances.

Sooooo do you, or anyone else, know if you have to complete BG1 EE and then transfer a save over in order to try out romancing one of the new NPCs in BG2? :D
Also slightly curious if Xan and my other favorite NPC mods will have dialog with Rasaad/Dorn and Neera in the future. O_O

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 12:44:38 PM »
Dialogue with new crossmodEE NPCs in the future: yes, when I play them.

Transferring a save: I think I've heard that variables do not get transferred currently(and BG2 romances do not check for BG1 variables), so starting a new game or transferring an existing one is really up to you. There's no difference the way I see it - you can just go and start a new BG2 game.

Offline Zazei

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2013, 01:05:23 PM »
Thank you once again! Time to start planning my EE party. ^_^

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2013, 04:49:34 PM »
Like Kulyok, I'll have to play the EE games first before I can do banters. (I have to say that I was not terribly impressed by what I saw in BGEE out of the characters I refer to as "Flaky, "Badass," and "SUPER-BADASS", although I am assured they are more nuanced in BG2EE.)

The original mandate for the Flirt Packs was to include all canonical romances... so if I stick with that, we suddenly have a lot of work ahead of us. I hadn't thought of that until this moment...
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline kicker

• Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 02:48:12 PM »
It's really nice of you that you updated your mods for this kind of marketing gag but I don't see why any fan of the game would play this "enhanced" version. There are no real improvememts, a bunch of incompatible mods and more bugs than in the patched original. ;)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: