Author Topic: Dungeon-Be-Gone is available for BG2EE!  (Read 23979 times)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Dungeon-Be-Gone is available for BG2EE!
« on: November 15, 2013, 01:56:29 PM »
Just so you know. Huge thanks to Kaeloree for the help. :)

Steamin

Re: Dungeon-Be-Gone is available for BG2EE!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 05:41:28 PM »
i don't understand how to install this on mac (os 10.9)...

can somebody please help me? :)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 11:51:44 PM »
I heard there was a problem with Weidu v235 for Mac - it can install, but only after OS is upgraded(I had this issue for Angelo for OSX, but after the player upgraded their OS, everything worked). I'm really sorry for the inconvenience - I'll do my best to upgrade the mods with new Weidu as soon as this is resolved, but for the time being I guess upgrading the OS may solve your problem.

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 12:46:12 AM »
I heard there was a problem with Weidu v235 for Mac - it can install, but only after OS is upgraded(I had this issue for Angelo for OSX, but after the player upgraded their OS, everything worked). I'm really sorry for the inconvenience - I'll do my best to upgrade the mods with new Weidu as soon as this is resolved, but for the time being I guess upgrading the OS may solve your problem.
I'm thinking horse, rather than zebra. (As in, rather than exotic problems, this is probably just an everyday case of don't know what to do.)

Steamin, you find the directory containing the file chitin.key inside the BGII: EE game bundle. You then place the mod files (jassy folder, command file, etc.) in that directory. After that you need to make the file Setup-DungeonBeGone executable. There is probably some checkbox for it somewhere, but you can do it by opening a terminal in an appropriate directory and running the command <i>chmod +x path/to/executable</i>. Once that's done, you install the mod by running the command file from the mod. If you are still having problems, could you be more specific?

Steamin

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 02:45:17 AM »
hi wips,

thank you. i did what you said and got some errors initially, but then it worked. it said i installed v. 1.6, but should be 1.7, right? i just tried it and everything worked, the guy showed up.

P

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 01:05:35 AM »
I've been unable to download this file at the link. Would someone be willing to e-mail it to me? ih8_macs@hotmail.com

Thanks

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 01:42:41 PM »
Sent. Sorry you had this problem.

Reyemile

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2013, 02:58:59 PM »
I've installed the mod in the directory with Chitin.key, but I still keep getting this message:

FATAL ERROR: Failure("Not a game directory")

Help would be appreciated!

Sephyr

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 11:44:34 AM »
I've installed the mod in the directory with Chitin.key, but I still keep getting this message:

FATAL ERROR: Failure("Not a game directory")

Help would be appreciated!

I'm having the same problem  :'(

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 02:28:10 PM »
I assume every other mod gets the same message, as well?
I think that _if_ it's not a Dungeon specific issue, you might get answer here:
http://forum.baldursgate.com/categories/bgii%3Aee-mods
Specifically in this thread:
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25566/steam-where-do-these-mod-files-get-installed#latest
(I just haven't tried yet, myself - I've converted the mod, but Kaeloree tested it for me).

Offline AL|EN

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2014, 12:48:42 PM »
I want to kindly ask for not using another translation folder/files for BG2:EE. Instead, please use HANDLE_CHARSETS function. Not only it's a terrible solution for translators but it also confuse people when installing it with BG2:EE - people seems to just look for the "polish" and choose first number = crash to desktop guaranteed. It is also pain to maintain it for BWS.

Also, It would be nice to provide .zip version of the mod - just to avoid NIS installer as it point's to BGII directory only for old English BGII.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 12:51:40 PM by AL|EN »
Project Infinity public BETA - mod manager for Infinity Engine games
Modder's Guide to Github - you cannot have progress without committing changes

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2014, 01:26:04 AM »
That's been done for mods like UB and other mods I support, yes. I hope it will be done for other PPG mods, but to be honest, I'm rather hoping someone else does it. If no one does, I guess I'll have to look at it eventually. Thank you for reminding us.

(we're both English-second-language people, so I'll just note this - I suspect "kindly ask/request" actually is a condescending/offensive form; at least, I've only seen it in this context. I might be wrong, though).

Offline AL|EN

• Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2014, 04:41:20 AM »
You are wrong in this case. There was no need for condescending/offensive way. I'm hoping that this will be resolved soon.

Offline Almateria

• Planewalker
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 05:06:22 PM by Almateria »

Offline zelurker

• Planewalker
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2015, 06:45:46 PM »
Hey, I have just ried this with bg2ee, and apparently you missed the slight modifications there are for the irenicus dungeon in bg2ee : now saverok's sword is owned by the demon who is traped in the balls of energy. The djin who has something from us now has a warhammer +2 (maybe it's a weapon generated based on the kind of main character we have, I happened to have one who loved warhammers so it was very convenient for him).

Actually I tried this because I found out there is a bug in v1.3 of bg2ee : if I pre-generate a character and then start a game with him, he arrives without his bhaal powers. The work-around is to start a new game, and generate the character from here, but it means replaying the whole dungeon.
Oh well too bad, I guess I can uninstall the mod then...

mongolsamurai

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2015, 11:36:45 PM »
I'm trying to install DBG under the just-released Linux native steam port of BGII:EE, and I'm unsure what to do with the mac and windows archives, since the game isn't in a wine environment.
Can the mod files be packaged in a .tar or something? I'm happy to install the mod by hand, I don't expect to be installing other stuff on top of it for a while so I don't really need dependency management.

Offline AstroBryGuy

• Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2015, 09:20:22 AM »
mongol - You might want to take a look at this regarding mod installation on native Linux ports.

http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=29259.0

CarrKnight and Sams have some workarounds posted there for installing mods on native Linux ports.

Offline AL|EN

• Planewalker
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2015, 10:48:40 AM »
Kulyok, there was some recent BWS changes under the hood: now we have one Config\Global\modname.ini file, where we store all information about the mod for BGT and BG1/2:EE - Dungeonbegone.ini

PO:3 means that polish language is number 3 but it is valid only for BGT. BG2:EE require to use 8 instead of 3. So it is now impossible to install this mod using polish language without instant hang of the game when you will speak to gin.

What is the status of updating the mod to use buildin HANDLE_CHARSETS function?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 10:49:11 AM by AL|EN »

Offline AL|EN

• Planewalker
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2015, 09:52:23 AM »
It's been a while. Any chances for any reply?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2015, 12:34:47 PM »
I can update mods that are mine, but this is not it. However, I can help with the mods that aren't mine, if someone else corrects any and all technical stuff. Test it, give me the new files, I'll upload them within a day or two.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: