Author Topic: Bugs and typos for Assassinations  (Read 25142 times)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Bugs and typos for Assassinations
« on: November 15, 2013, 01:26:19 PM »
Please, report them here.

Linarius

Re: Bugs and typos for v10
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 04:41:00 PM »

On a Mac OSX 10.9 (Mavericks) it runs and says "INSTALLED SUCCESSFULLY" (so I am going to go with it and keep it there)... except it appears some of the audio files had problems? Tail end of log:

Extending game scripts ...
: command not foundands/AudioInstall.sh: line 2:
: command not foundands/AudioInstall.sh: line 4:
Assassinations/Commands/AudioInstall.sh: line 5: syntax error near unexpected to'en `do
'ssassinations/Commands/AudioInstall.sh: line 5: `for file in $ogg_files; do

[lang/en_us/dialog.tlk] created, 104976 string entries

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED      Assassinations mod for Baldur's Gate II

Press ENTER to exit.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 01:59:50 AM »
Thank you very much for the report! I think I see what the problem is. Could you test one thing for me, if you would? Then I'll be able to repack the mod and other audio Mac mods for everyone else, if it works.

Uninstall the mod entirely and change two things:
1) move AudioInstall.sh and AudioUninstall.sh from Assassinations/Commands to Assassinations/Audio
2) open Setup-Assassinations.tp2 (I assume it can be opened with an editor, right? I have Notepad in Windows, there probably is something like that in Mac) and change these two lines
    AT_NOW                   ~sh Assassinations/Commands/AudioInstall.sh~
    AT_INTERACTIVE_UNINSTALL ~sh Assassinations/Commands/AudioUninstall.sh~
to
    AT_NOW                   ~sh Assassinations/Audio/AudioInstall.sh~
    AT_INTERACTIVE_UNINSTALL ~sh Assassinations/Audio/AudioUninstall.sh~

And then try installing and tell me if it worked. Is it possible for you, I'm not asking for too much? Sorry, we just have to few capable Mac users that I would really like to use this opportunity to fix the issue for everyone.

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 03:31:13 AM »
Sorry, we just have to few capable Mac users that I would really like to use this opportunity to fix the issue for everyone.
*cough*HANDLE_AUDIO*cough*

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 03:51:06 AM »
Aaand it deletes files after uninstall? Because if it does, I'm updating everything right now, but if it does not, I'm afraid I'll have to wait.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 04:05:18 AM »
Okay, got it, Weidu updated, I'll recode audio install in a day or two(swamped a bit) and it's going to be very smooth and quick for everyone. It will be a silent update(no version number change), I'll just post here.
Huge thanks to Wisp for updating HANDLE_AUDIO.

Linarius, thank you very much again for your report - and of course, there's not need to edit the files now.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 05:49:39 AM »
Done. I was happy to fix Assassinations' audio for Mac. I'll fix other audio scripts for Mac versions today or tomorrow. Angelo's, Kelsey and Keto's gotta be okay, and Back to Brynnlaw, Banter Packs, Branwen, Coran, Flirt Packs and Unfinished Business for Mac had no .ogg files at all.

Pawel

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 11:29:35 AM »
Quest don't start while plaing Blackguard Kit

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 12:46:11 AM »
Thank you for reporting! Is that a paladin kit? If it's a mod/EE kit for a paladin, then yeah, the game won't start, because I automatically turn all the paladins away.

You folks think Blackguard should be made an exception? Is there a kit check for it that would work correctly in vanilla game, too?
Hmm, never mind that: I have another idea. Actually, two ideas:

- first idea: Lynn and the guy she's working for are really suspicious and they wouldn't be asking a paladin to work for them, even a fallen one.
- second idea: I can check for the alignment, and if the player is a paladin, but not a good paladin, then he'll be able to complete the quest. I.e. (not-a-paladin OR alignment-not-good). I do feel unsure, though, because of story reasons: any paladin, be he a fallen one or a blackguard, has or should have a road to redemption, i.e. even a fallen one is a very dangerous in a "hired assassin" role: he can have a change of heart any moment.

Pawel

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 05:21:12 AM »
Its BG2:EE offiacial paladin kit. I think they shuld be able to do this mission becouse they are not fallen pals, they are servants/warriow of some evil beings like Dorn he have a pact with some demon who give him a power In the "lore" they is nothing about falling they are evil counterpatr.But you can RP them as you like So i think assassination mission for this kind of character justifide. And is ther any console code witch can start me this quest? I add a scroll to inventory but it's not working. Thx and sorry for my english i lerned it form tv shows. Peace

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2014, 05:38:17 AM »
You can certainly start the quest! Use the console like this:

SetGlobal("O#CrLynnSpawn1","GLOBAL",1)
And create this item in your inventory: "O#CrNot1"

Then go and see Lynn. :)

And you have understandable English, so thank you again for reporting!

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Re: Bugs and typos for v11
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2014, 08:05:17 AM »
Version 11 is out with multilanguage support for BG2EE.

I'm not sure Lynn would want to hire a Blackguard, so I'll leave it be for the time being. :)

qwertyqwerty

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2015, 12:30:17 PM »
Kill the girl. Report her to Brega. Visit Bridge. Voila - she appears and attacks again.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2015, 02:36:54 AM »
Thanks, I'll take care of the variable in the next version.

HammyH

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2015, 09:47:35 PM »
Daton agrees to meet near smithy but does not appear there.

I'm sing BGT with many mods.   Does Daton have a global state or CreateCreature needed for this smithy location?  O#CrDat does not speak or update the quest when killed.

HammyH

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2015, 10:01:31 PM »
Ahh, so Spawning him and setting SpawnedDaltonTalked to 2 sets everything correct and the quest continues correctly

It seems that in my game that talking to him in the Sea's Bounty gets the correct dialog but doesn't respawn him near the smithy and does not update the Global to 2.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2015, 12:18:15 AM »
Maybe NumTimesTalkedTo(0) glitches in this case, especially after EscapeAreaMove command; I've heard reports about those being buggy before. I'll update in the next version and get rid of this one. Thank you!

James M

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2016, 06:29:47 PM »
Hi there,

This is a bug report for the Assassinations mod v 11 target 5, Sir Alexis of the Radiant Heart: the Prelate will not say anything other than a single line congratulating me on ridding Athkatla of the vampires (Bodhi). Please let me know what to do in order to continue this very nice mod. My char is a Cleric Ranger currently REP 14. As a note, I did complete the Paladin Stronghold quests using the unlimited strongholds mod, but removed than mod after finishing the stronghold quests that I was interested in. Thanks.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn: V14
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Throne of Bhaal: V14
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Remove Helmet Animations: v16
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v16
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements: v16
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v16
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Fix Boo's Squeak: v16
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v16
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues: v16
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: v16
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For All Creatures in Game: v16
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap: v16
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells: v16
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v16
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at  Mid-Range Reputation: v16
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3150 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring, Spell-Trap, and Physical Mirror Animations: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Remove Helmet Animations: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Fix Boo's Squeak: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For All Creatures in Game: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at  Mid-Range Reputation: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3150 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring, Spell-Trap, and Physical Mirror Animations: v16
~SETUP-WINGS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Wings for BG2:EE
~SETUP-WINGS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Restore missing banters?
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #4 // Miscellaneous Enhancements -> With Additional Random Encounters: v3.2
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #8 // Intrigue In The Copper Coronet: v3.2
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #9 // Rahul Kanakia's Potion Quest: v3.2
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #14 // Burglary Of The Bookkeeper: v3.2
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #16 // The Tragedy Of Besamen: v3.2
~G3ANNIVERSARY/SETUP-G3ANNIVERSARY.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Gibberlings Three Anniversary Mod: v9
~ASSASSINATIONS/SETUP-ASSASSINATIONS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Assassinations mod for Baldur's Gate II: v11
~TOTDG/SETUP-TOTDG.TP2~ #0 #0 // Colours of Infinity: Tales of the Deep Gardens
~TOTDG/SETUP-TOTDG.TP2~ #0 #2 // Add Deep Gardens to the Worldmap - suggested component. If this component can't be installed due to incompatibilities, skip it.
~DC/SETUP-DC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Crawl: v9
~BACKBRYNNLAW/SETUP-BACKBRYNNLAW.TP2~ #0 #0 // Back to Brynnlaw mod for Baldur's Gate II: v5
~SELLSWORDS/SETUP-SELLSWORDS.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Sellswords mod for Baldur's Gate II: v5
~ISNF/ISNF.TP2~ #0 #0 // Colours of Infinity: I Shall Never Forget
~WHITEQUEEN/WHITEQUEEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Colours of Infinity - The White Queen

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2016, 11:01:07 AM »
That's probably far too late for a reply, but here you go:

- you probably cannot talk to the Prelate, since his dialogue has now changed(Bodhi is dead). Sorry about that; that is indeed and inconvenience.

You can continue this quest this way (I hope you know how to use the console; if not, try googling Dan Simpson's walkthrough, or searching here:

CLUAConsole: SetGlobal("O#CrAskedAlexis","GLOBAL",1)

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2019, 08:06:59 AM »
All reported bugs are fixed for v13.

Offline Sergio1992

• Planewalker
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2019, 09:52:55 AM »
I'm meeting a bug. After killing Bodhi, I'm not getting any note by Bernard.

I read around that probably you are supposed to be alerted by a child that Bernard has something for you, but given that I'm not completely sure about it, I will just say that killing Bodhi and having the Lanthorn wasn't enough to embark into the last Assassination quest. 

Is there any command I could use to make Barnard in Copper Coronet give me the note for the final assassination quest?

Edit: Btw, @jastey, you got my savegame from Fade. In that one you can check, I guess, if you install EET, why I am not getting the note, given that I did all the 9 missions (provided that you have time... that is).
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 09:53:34 AM by Sergio1992 »

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2020, 10:32:44 AM »
I'm meeting a bug. After killing Bodhi, I'm not getting any note by Bernard.

I read around that probably you are supposed to be alerted by a child that Bernard has something for you, but given that I'm not completely sure about it, I will just say that killing Bodhi and having the Lanthorn wasn't enough to embark into the last Assassination quest. 

Is there any command I could use to make Barnard in Copper Coronet give me the note for the final assassination quest?
Should be improved in v15.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: