Author Topic: Question to LAM bgee_language  (Read 16942 times)

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
Re: Question to LAM bgee_language
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2013, 09:23:48 AM »
But what exactly should I do with the .tra files I have, how do I get BG2EE files out of them? I obviously can't read anything, but I see the visual difference between the files, so maybe I can do this.
There are a few things that go into it.
First, you need to know which charset you are converting from. For English, German, French, Spanish and Italian this is typically CP1252 (the exception is text encoded for the pre-Vista Windows command prompt). For Polish and (I think) Czech it's CP1250 and for Russian it's CP1251. Simplified Chinese has been CP936 for the mods I have worked with. Traditional Chinese is tricky, because the exact encoding used is non-standard and can, to my knowledge, only be produced by traditionally Chinese Windows (because Microsoft botched the implementation). I think Japanese uses SHIFT JIS and Korean uses CP949.

However, there's a landmine here, because some translators have embedded text in another charset in the same file, because Windows prior to Vista used a different charset for its command prompt. In these cases, you need to (I would recommend it) split the files into one per charset, which is probably not something most people are equipped to do for languages other than their own. In other words, you may need a translator to fix the mess.

Related to the landmine, I would recommend that you place all strings that are used during the installation (component names, strings that are PRINTed, etc.) in a separate file, because only game text should be encoded in UTF-8 for BG(II)EE. Having them in separate files makes it much easier to handle.

Then, when you know which charset the text is encoded in, there are (probably) multiple programs you can use to make a copy of the file encoded in UTF-8. Beyond iconv (vide infra), I couldn't name any, however. Oh, and it's also important to note that it should be UTF-8 without any damned, completely redundant and asinine byte-order mark (BOM).

Btw, is there a way to convert all the files at once, not one-by-one?
Sure. You can, for example, use something like Isaya's batch file. iconv can be downloaded from here (you want the zip with the binaries; the program is located in the bin/ directory, and you need the two dll files as well). Unlike Isaya's batch file, however, I would recommend that you organise your files with directories instead of weird filename extensions. That's what directories are for.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 09:41:23 AM by Wisp »

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2013, 10:44:38 AM »
Kulyok: I use CpConverter for the convertion, but you need Windows with .Net for it: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cp-converter/files/cp-converter/CpConverter%20V%200.1.5.0/

Wisp (and everyone else): I think Polish has different charsets for BG1 and BGII, too. I don't know which, though.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2013, 11:43:48 AM »
Thank you very much, folks. Yeah, I guess a translator's help is what we need - I dearly hope that various language communities would lend a hand.

(In Russian, I try to enforce the "do not translate installation lines, ever, leave them in simple English" rule, because we've had the problem with different encodings on different platrofm for a long time).

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2013, 11:54:34 AM »
Wisp (and everyone else): I think Polish has different charsets for BG1 and BGII, too. I don't know which, though.
It's probably CP852, but I suppose someone would have to confirm it.

Offline Cahir

• Planewalker
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2013, 01:33:08 PM »
Wisp, jastey, probably best person to ask about polish encoding used in vanilla BG1 is Zed Nocear. He's an expert in modding old BG1 and can most certainly confirm if this is CP852 or other encoding. But as I can see he is not active at PPG  :-[

All I could find is that polish developer CD Projekt used unusual encoding, but I couldn't find which exactly.

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2013, 08:19:28 PM »

Wait, back up a sec, please, Wisp...

Related to the landmine, I would recommend that you place all strings that are used during the installation (component names, strings that are PRINTed, etc.) in a separate file, because only game text should be encoded in UTF-8 for BG(II)EE. Having them in separate files makes it much easier to handle.

Just to be clear on this, the game engine for BGII:EE uses cp1252.
The text shown/used in-game uses UTF-8(no BOM).

So... my mod, which uses attempts to use one single .tra, is getting away with declaring a cp1252 in LANGUAGE and then "swapping in" one in UTF-8(no BOM).

But if I want to be able to support multiple languages correctly, I really do need to split out into at least two .tra files:

1.  setup.tra [everything declared and referenced inside of the .tp2 or related processing files like .tpa .tpp .tph] (which would come encoded differently in different languages and platforms)
2. mymod.tra [everything called by .d and .baf to be placed into the dialog.tlk and displayed ingame] (which need to be set up into at least two copies per language; one {example:english=cp1252} for the older games, and one {ALL LANGUAGES THE SAME=UTF-8(no BOM)} for BGII:EE.

Or I need to set up a minimum of two files
1. setup.tra [as above]
2. mymod.tra [encoded in cp1252 and then convert them on the fly using a variant of Isaya's method, which is relying on outside processing].

I think I have this right, but if I don't, please correct me.

I ask this because it means untangling .tra materials, some of which, like the declared strings for soundset references in the .tp2, etc, show up in the game... so I am trying to figure out if all the .tp2 actions are pulling form the correct .tra.

Or is it that only the strings displayed in the cmd screen are the ones that need to be declared initially in LANGUAGE, and that everything actually processed pulls from the ALWAYS?

(For BG1NPC, I am throwing myself on Isaya's mercy. But for my mod, with 1.4mb .tra file, I want to set things up right from the start.)

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2013, 02:13:47 AM »
Just to be clear on this, the game engine for BGII:EE uses cp1252.
The text shown/used in-game uses UTF-8(no BOM).
The original engine uses CP1252 (et al.). BGII: EE uses UTF-8. (It sounds like that is what you meant, but just to be clear.)

1.  setup.tra [everything declared and referenced inside of the .tp2 or related processing files like .tpa .tpp .tph] (which would come encoded differently in different languages and platforms)
2. mymod.tra [everything called by .d and .baf to be placed into the dialog.tlk and displayed ingame] (which need to be set up into at least two copies per language; one {example:english=cp1252} for the older games, and one {ALL LANGUAGES THE SAME=UTF-8(no BOM)} for BGII:EE.
Not everything referenced inside TP2 files should go into setup.tra. Strings for SAY, for example, need to go into mymod.tra, since they are used in the game rather than during the installation. setup.tra should contain only those strings that are printed to the command prompt.

I ask this because it means untangling .tra materials, some of which, like the declared strings for soundset references in the .tp2, etc, show up in the game... so I am trying to figure out if all the .tp2 actions are pulling form the correct .tra.
I don't know about Aran in particular, but I'd expect the vast bulk of your text is dialogue and other types of game content, with two handfuls or so of strings used during the installation. Untangling the strings is not necessarily some huge task. You can likely just create a new tra file and move your dozen (or whatever) setup strings into it. No need to disturb the rest.

Or is it that only the strings displayed in the cmd screen are the ones that need to be declared initially in LANGUAGE, and that everything actually processed pulls from the ALWAYS?
Perhaps I'm confusing things, but technically, the only strings that need to be loaded by LANGUAGE are those that are used while the user is selecting components. In terms of syntax, it's TP2 flags, components and component flags that need LANGUAGE. Actions, patches and values can use strings loaded in other ways.

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2013, 06:48:42 AM »
Thanks - that clears it up for me - I thought anything declared in a .tp2/.tpa/et al could not be overridden.

So, anything printed to the cmd window at install/deinstall/fail (components, patch_print, print) goes in setup.tra. Anything (even in the .tp2) that is actually being installed to the game (SAY NAME! ~foo~ [soundref] ) etc. goes in other .tras.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2013, 01:58:03 PM »
Cahir: I PMed Zed Nocear at G3 about his way to convert string chars for BGQE - neat little tpa that replaces special characters with the one of the right encoding upon install. If you have other means of contacting him (Polish forum etc.), I'd be happy if you could give him a call. :)

Offline Cahir

• Planewalker
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2013, 02:27:29 PM »
Cahir: I PMed Zed Nocear at G3 about his way to convert string chars for BGQE - neat little tpa that replaces special characters with the one of the right encoding upon install. If you have other means of contacting him (Polish forum etc.), I'd be happy if you could give him a call. :)

jastey: I sent PM to Zed Nocear on Children of Bhaal forum. He visits it from time to time. If he responds to me, I'll let you know.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2013, 02:30:18 PM »
Thank you!

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2013, 05:23:08 PM »
I have the problem that OUTER_SPRINT "tra_path" isn't set for bgee, the installer takes the LANGUAGE one whatever I do (cannot LOAD_TRA from %tra_path%, cannot do USING). I'd need a second pair of eyes for this.
http://kerzenburg.baldurs-gate.eu/files/jastey/Setup-AjantisBG1.tp2
Thank you in advance.

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2013, 03:10:07 AM »
I have the problem that OUTER_SPRINT "tra_path" isn't set for bgee, the installer takes the LANGUAGE one whatever I do (cannot LOAD_TRA from %tra_path%, cannot do USING). I'd need a second pair of eyes for this.
http://kerzenburg.baldurs-gate.eu/files/jastey/Setup-AjantisBG1.tp2
Thank you in advance.
Your logic is a bit convoluted and excessively nested, and it'd be easier to follow if you made use of INCLUDE [1], but it is correct and the BGEE block is the only block to evaluate on BG: EE and %tra_path% evaluates to ~AjantisBG1/translations/bgee~ afterwards. How is the problem manifesting itself? Have you confirmed that it is using the wrong tra_path (e.g., by PRINTing the value), or are you inferring this from the installed state of the mod? If it is the latter, are you sure your TRA files really are encoded in UTF-8?

This is equivalent, but simplified:
Code: [Select]
  ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~tutu tutu_totsc~ BEGIN
    INCLUDE ~ajantisBG1/somedir/tutu.tpa~
  END ELSE ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bgt~ BEGIN
    INCLUDE ~ajantisBG1/somedir/bgt.tpa~
  END ELSE ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bg1 totsc~ BEGIN
    INCLUDE ~ajantisBG1/somedir/bg1.tpa~
    ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~totsc~ BEGIN
      INCLUDE ~ajantisBG1/somedir/bg1_totsc.tpa~
    END ELSE BEGIN
      INCLUDE ~ajantisBG1/somedir/bg1_bg1.tpa~
    END
  END ELSE ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bgee~ BEGIN
    INCLUDE ~ajantisBG1/somedir/bgee.tpa~
  END

You can also remove the ELSEs entirely (except for the plain-BG1 vs. BG1-TotSC one; you can also move this conditional into bg1.tpa instead of having 3 files for BG1):
  ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~tutu tutu_totsc~ BEGIN
    INCLUDE ~ajantisBG1/somedir/tutu.tpa~
  END

ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bgt~ BEGIN
    INCLUDE ~ajantisBG1/somedir/bgt.tpa~
  END

ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bg1 totsc~ BEGIN
    INCLUDE ~ajantisBG1/somedir/bg1.tpa~
    ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~totsc~ BEGIN
      INCLUDE ~ajantisBG1/somedir/bg1_totsc.tpa~
    END ELSE BEGIN
      INCLUDE ~ajantisBG1/somedir/bg1_bg1.tpa~
    END
  END

ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bgee~ BEGIN
    INCLUDE ~ajantisBG1/somedir/bgee.tpa~
  END
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 03:12:52 AM by Wisp »

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2013, 03:22:21 AM »
Thank you for looking into this. Sorry for the state of the tp2, the mod is rather old and I don't want to change too much because it is running. I do use INCLUDE and libs for any newer mods, though!

I will try again tonight with your code. I am sure it took the wrong path because I made textual changes to the ones it should take (before the installation) like "lalala" as mod title but it never showed (that would be the LOAD_TRA) and I double - tripple checked it is UTF-8 without BOM encoded for the other tra files (for the USING) but in the game the dialogues always freezed the game, meaning it took the wrongly encoded ones. It never occurred to me I could print the variable value, but I will do that tonight.

The problem is probably something really stupid like me editing the wrong (tp2) file or something (although I was sure to do the right thing, of course, or I would have changed it), because from the code I really don't see how it wouldn't work. Thank you for your confirmation and for your code suggestion.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 03:25:08 AM by jastey »

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2013, 03:34:31 AM »
EDIT: Actually I did not edit the mod title, as this is always taken from the LANGUAGE path, but I edited the "EE install detected..." line, and this edit never showed.

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2013, 04:05:05 AM »
EDIT: Actually I did not edit the mod title, as this is always taken from the LANGUAGE path, but I edited the "EE install detected..." line, and this edit never showed.
If you edited @14 in the TRA file in the BGEE subdirectory, the edit would not show when ALWAYS was evaluated, since the BGEE-encoded TRA files are not loaded until afterwards (at the end of the ALWAYS block).

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2013, 04:08:02 AM »
Of course. I really could have thought that far by myself. :(
Nevertheless the freezing of the game was real.
I will retry tonight, starting be re-creation of the UTF-8 coded tras.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2013, 02:34:21 PM »
I don't think this %tra_path% overwriting of the AUTO_TRA works. Did anyone confirm this?

The install takes the path specified by AUTO_TRA for USING, no matter what I put in for tra_path.

This is what I did:
My tp2 now looks like this. In the tpas, the first OUTER_SPRINT definition is the ~tra_path~. For bgee, it is  OUTER_SPRINT "tra_path" "AjantisBG1/translations/bgee"

Installation takes the wrong tra files (the one of the path defined by AUTO_TRA).

ALWAYS

ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~tutu tutu_totsc~ THEN BEGIN
    INCLUDE ~AjantisBG1/install/ajantis_tutu.tpa~

/* Tell the player it is using Tutu */
    PRINT @1
END

ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bgt~ THEN BEGIN
    INCLUDE ~AjantisBG1/install/ajantis_bgt.tpa~

/* Tell the player it is using BGT stuff */
      PRINT @2
END

/* vanilla BG1, general */
ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bg1 totsc~ THEN BEGIN
PRINT @3

INCLUDE ~AjantisBG1/install/ajantis_bg1.tpa~

/* BG1 with TotSC installed */
   ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~totsc~ THEN BEGIN
   INCLUDE ~AjantisBG1/install/bg1.tpa~
   END ELSE BEGIN

/* BG1 without TotSC installed */
   INCLUDE ~AjantisBG1/install/totsc.tpa~
   END
END

ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bgee~ THEN BEGIN
   INCLUDE ~AjantisBG1/install/ajantis_bgee.tpa~
        PRINT @14
END
END

AUTO_TRA ~AjantisBG1/Translations/%s~

LANGUAGE ~English~
         ~English~
         ~AjantisBG1/Translations/English/Setup-AjantisBG1.tra~

LANGUAGE ~Francais~
         ~French~
         ~AjantisBG1/Translations/French/Setup-AjantisBG1.tra~

LANGUAGE ~Deutsch~
         ~German~
         ~AjantisBG1/Translations/German/Setup-AjantisBG1.tra~

BEGIN @0

/* STATE.IDS patching to ToB - thanks, Cam, if you read it */
  /* adds custom IsValidForPartyDialogue state */
  APPEND ~STATE.IDS~ ~0x80101FEF CD_STATE_NOTVALID~ UNLESS ~CD_STATE_NOTVALID~

COMPILE EVALUATE_BUFFER ~AjantisBG1/Friendship/Ajantis_friendship_d.d~
USING ~%tra_path%/%LANGUAGE%/Ajantis_friendship_d.tra~

ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~tutu tutu_totsc bgt bgee~ THEN BEGIN

COMPILE EVALUATE_BUFFER ~AjantisBG1/Friendship/Tutu_Interjections.d~
USING ~%tra_path%/%LANGUAGE%/BG_Interjections.tra~

I changed the AUTO_TRA path to translations/bgee/%LANGUAGE% (tra_path was still translations/bgee/) -> right dialogue file was taken.
I left the AUTO_TRA with translations/%LANGUAGE% -> %tra_path% was ignored and the dialogue file from the translations/%LANGUAGE% was taken.
I changed the tra_path to the "wrong" one and defined AUTO_TRA to the bgee-one: tra_path was ignored, the path specified by AUTO_TRA was used for USING.

I checked all instances in game with a modified text line (UTF-8 file was changed text line, original file was correct text line.).

This is bad. At least I know now that I am not completely crazy.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 02:35:52 PM by jastey »

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2013, 06:55:07 PM »
I can't exactly see what is going on, Jastey, but I am not seeing a problem in behavior *without* AUTO_TRA. I'll try to set up a test tomorrow if noone gets around to figuring out what is going on.

With the following in my .tp2

VERSION @30001

README ~aranw/docs/readme-aranw-%LANGUAGE%.html~ ~aranw/docs/readme-aranw.html~

ALWAYS
INCLUDE ~aranw/lib/regexp.tph~ /* extra regexp vars */

ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bg2ee~ BEGIN
OUTER_SPRINT tra_version ~c-aranw_utf8nb~
    LOAD_TRA ~aranw\tra\english\c-aranw_utf8nb.tra~
    LOAD_TRA ~aranw\tra\%LANGUAGE%\c-aranw_utf8nb.tra~
END ELSE BEGIN
OUTER_SPRINT tra_version ~c-aranw_cp1252~
    LOAD_TRA ~aranw\tra\english\c-aranw_cp1252.tra~
    LOAD_TRA ~aranw\tra\%LANGUAGE%\c-aranw_cp1252.tra~
END
END

LANGUAGE ~English~
         ~english~
         ~aranw\tra\english\c-aranw_cp1252.tra~ // Holds text displayed in the game, including SAY and such in the TP2 et al
         ~aranw\tra\english\setup_%WEIDU_OS%.tra~ // Holds text displayed during the installation: TP2, et al

BEGIN @30010
REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS ~bg2 tob bgt bg2ee~ @30002

And the files in C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\00546\aranw\tra\english

c-aranw_cp1252.tra
c-aranw_utf8nb.tra
setup_win32.tra
setup_osx.tra
setup_unix.tra

I can see the original declared file loading, then being overridden:

WeiDU v 23600 Log

C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\00546\setup-aranw.exe
[./chitin.key] loaded, 843510 bytes
[./chitin.key] 185 BIFFs, 59857 resources
[.\weidu.conf] loaded, 17 bytes
[lang\en_us/dialog.tlk] loaded, 13498915 bytes
[lang\en_us/dialog.tlk] 116169 string entries
Using Language [English]
[English] has 2 top-level TRA files
[aranw\tra\english\c-aranw_cp1252.tra] has 13364 translation strings
[aranw\tra\english\setup_win32.tra] has 120 translation strings

Using lang\en_us/dialog.tlk

Would you like to display the readme? [Y]es [N]o
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./lang/en_us/DATA/AREAS.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/DATA/AREAS.BIF]
[./DATA/AREAS.BIF] 2545144 bytes, 318 files, 0 tilesets
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./lang/en_us/DATA/25AREAS.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/DATA/25AREAS.BIF]
[./DATA/25AREAS.BIF] 659172 bytes, 85 files, 0 tilesets
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./lang/en_us/DATA/NEERA.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/DATA/NEERA.BIF]
[./DATA/NEERA.BIF] 146175540 bytes, 1859 files, 11 tilesets

Install Component [Install Aran Whitehand for SoA and ToB]?
[I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?
Installing [Install Aran Whitehand for SoA and ToB] [Beta_4]
loading 1 tra file
[aranw\tra\english\c-aranw_utf8nb.tra] has 13364 translation strings
loading 1 tra file
[aranw\tra\english\c-aranw_utf8nb.tra] has 13364 translation strings

WeiDU says that this game has BGII:EE content.

The version of Aran Whitehand being installed is:

Beta_4

Weidu vars on this install:
Language = english
Architecture = x86
Operating System = win32
User Directory = C:\Users\Stephen\Documents/Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition
Save Game Single Player Directory = C:\Users\Stephen\Documents/Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition/save
Save Game Multi Player Directory = C:\Users\Stephen\Documents/Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition/mpsave
Running .exe = C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\00546\setup-aranw.exe

<< snip for space >>

Installing SoA dialog...
Compiling 1 dialogue file ...
[aranw/tra/english/c-aranw_utf8nb.tra] has 13364 translation strings
Processing 1 dialogues/scripts ...
Adding C-ARAN to internal list of available DLGs
Adding C-ARANJ to internal list of available DLGs

<< snip for space >>

Installing ToB dialog...
Processing 1 dialogues/scripts ...
Adding C-ARN25A to internal list of available DLGs

BGII:EE detected. Managing journal entries.
Processing quests and journals
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./lang/en_us/DATA/BGEEUI.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/DATA/BGEEUI.BIF]
[./DATA/BGEEUI.BIF] 77256 bytes, 3 files, 0 tilesets
Processing quests and journals
[./override/bgee.sql] loaded, 49610 bytes

BGII:EE content is being installed.

On the regular BGII - ToB install,

WeiDU v 23600 Log

G:\BGII - SoA\setup-aranw.exe
[./CHITIN.KEY] loaded, 590467 bytes
[./CHITIN.KEY] 182 BIFFs, 41787 resources
[./Autorun.ini] loaded, 1452 bytes
[./baldur.ini] loaded, 3512 bytes
Possible HD/CD Path: [G:\BGII - SoA\]
Possible HD/CD Path: [G:\BGII - SoA\CD1\]
Possible HD/CD Path: [G:\BGII - SoA\CD2\]
Possible HD/CD Path: [G:\BGII - SoA\CD2\]
Possible HD/CD Path: [G:\BGII - SoA\CD3\]
Possible HD/CD Path: [G:\BGII - SoA\CD4\]
Possible HD/CD Path: [G:\BGII - SoA\CD5\]
[./Keymap.ini] loaded, 5615 bytes
[./Mplaynow.ini] loaded, 230 bytes
[./dialog.tlk] loaded, 10666500 bytes
[./dialog.tlk] 87406 string entries
Using Language [English]
[English] has 2 top-level TRA files
[aranw\tra\english\setup_win32.tra] has 120 translation strings

Would you like to display the readme? [Y]es [N]o
BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2  0  0 Installed
BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2  0  3 Installed
BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2  0 100 Installed
BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2  0 101 Installed
BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2  0 102 Installed
BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2  0 103 Installed
BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2  0 104 Installed
BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2  0 106 Installed
BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2  0 107 Installed
BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2  0 108 Installed
BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2  0 109 Installed
BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2  0 110 Installed
BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2  0 111 Installed
BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2  0 112 Installed
BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2  0 113 Installed
BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2  0 114 Installed
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [G:\BGII - SoA\CD5\/DATA/AREAS.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [G:\BGII - SoA\CD4\/DATA/AREAS.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [G:\BGII - SoA\CD3\/DATA/AREAS.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [G:\BGII - SoA\CD2\/DATA/AREAS.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [G:\BGII - SoA\CD2\/DATA/AREAS.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [G:\BGII - SoA\CD1\/DATA/AREAS.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [G:\BGII - SoA\/DATA/AREAS.BIF]
[G:\BGII - SoA\/DATA/AREAS.BIF] 2438836 bytes, 307 files, 0 tilesets
[./override/ar6111.are] loaded, 2776 bytes

Install Component [Install Aran Whitehand for SoA and ToB]?
[I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? [./override/ar6111.are] loaded, 2776 bytes

Installing [Install Aran Whitehand for SoA and ToB] [Beta_4]
loading 1 tra file
loading 1 tra file

WeiDU says that this game has BGII - ToB content.

The version of Aran Whitehand being installed is:

Beta_4

Weidu vars on this install:
Language = english
Architecture = x86
Operating System = win32
User Directory = .
Save Game Single Player Directory = ./save
Save Game Multi Player Directory = ./mpsave
Running .exe = G:\BGII - SoA\setup-aranw.exe

<< snip for space>>

Installing SoA dialog...
[aranw/tra/english/c-aranw_cp1252.tra] has 13364 translation strings

<< snip for space>>

Installing ToB dialog...
[aranw/tra/english/c-aranw_cp1252.tra] has 13364 translation strings
etc.

Perhaps check to make sure the @ refs are all correct?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 08:33:07 PM by cmorgan »

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2013, 01:12:51 AM »
The install takes the path specified by AUTO_TRA for USING, no matter what I put in for tra_path.
Yeah, AUTO_TRA takes precedence over all other ways of loading TRAs. Sorry, I should have made that connection right away. I'll document this behaviour.
You can still use the COPY trick.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 01:14:34 AM by Wisp »

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2013, 10:19:29 AM »
Ah, so the USING + tra_path can only be used without AUTO_TRA, so for cmorgan's case (one tra file for all texts) this works (good to know!).

I solved the problem for Ajantis using copy, it's just that I wasn't aware the AUTO_TRA overrides any path given for USING.

So, theoretically, I could do COMPILE ~mymod/d/dfile.d~ USING ~otherdfile.tra~ and it would take the file out of the folder specified by AUTO_TRA. ?

I know that (now). I was assuming I could specify a different path for USING - my mistake.

Offline Cahir

• Planewalker
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2013, 12:03:41 PM »
Ok I received reply from Zed Nocear about encoding used by CD Projekt in Polish version of BG1. Apparently it's not cp852 coding, but something different not default for Polish DOS (cp852) encoding.

Here is a table Zed provided. Hope it helps.

number of sequence in Font BAM

bg1       bg2       cp852
               (windows-1250) (DOS)

Ą         228       164       164
Ć         229       197       143
Ę         230       201       168
Ł         231       162       157
Ó         232       210       224
Ń         233       208       227
Ś         234       139       151
Ź         235       142       141
Ż         236       174       189
ą         237       184       165
ć         238       229*      134
ę         239       233*      169
ł         240       178       136
ń         241       240*      228*
ó         242       242       162
ś         243       155       152
ź         244       158       171
ż         245       190       190

* - is a number in BG2/cp852 coding, which corresponds with coding of different letter in BG1, so you should be careful with it.

I hope it helps.

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2013, 01:12:19 PM »
Apparently that's ISO-IR-179, which is apparently a supplement to ISO/IEC-8859-13, but that's about as much as I can find out about it. CD Projekt sure went off the beaten path with that one.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2013, 06:44:50 AM »
Yay, I've got Russian and Polish files for Xan! I'm going to add two new translations - RussianEE and PolishEE, so Auto_TRA can get these.
Am I doing the right thing? Is there an easier way? (worries)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2013, 07:32:45 AM »
I, um, wonder: is it possible to make LANGUAGE backwards compatible with another optional pair of arguments, something like

LANGUAGE ~Russian (for normal BG2 and BG2EE)~ ~Russian~ ~Xan/Russian/Setup-Xan.tra~ ~RussianEE~ ~Xan/RussianEE/Setup-Xan.tra~

?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: