Author Topic: Praise  (Read 2304 times)

Offline Clio

• Planewalker
Praise
« on: October 30, 2013, 02:13:26 PM »
Hello, Kulyok!

So... first things first... I'm your fan!  ;D

Ok, that's kind of obvious for the title of the topic, but I thought it would be fair to create one to do that, after all, for all your work, you desserve to be spoiled.

There's a long time since I played BG2, but when I knew that Xan had a new bonded path... Well, I couldn't control myself.

Your Xan-mod is one of the most heart-breaking playing experiences that I've ever had. I cried my eyes out the first time, 'cause I - like the newbie that I am - decided to take your initial path for our favorite depressed elf.

What can I say? Not even when I was PMSing, I consummed so many bottles of coke, bars of chocolate or burned Aerosmith songs and bands like that. You, missy, is the responsible for days of red eyes and swooning (Yes, I swooned, sue me.).

But I am gluton for pain and all the things that make my heart ache. Then, in a roll, I started the game again and completed both the new bonded-path and also the unbounded one.
Now, thinking about how can I say how much I enjoyed the mod, I realized that I don’t know enough words to do that.

Your Xan is well-written, emotionally-involving (and till I played – bug free) character. I’m keeping him now for the friendship path and going after another mod of yours: Coran.

Thank you very much for taking a little of your time to enhance my playing experience.

This all was just to let you know that your work is appreciated, even for occasional players like me.

Yeah... explain that again with really small words.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Praise
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 12:39:15 AM »
Hello, and welcome to PPG!

I'm very fond of Xan, myself, and I'm very glad to hear the new bonded path worked for you. (Sorry about the tragic ending! It's still a vaild one, though, alas). Can't take all the credit for the unbonded path for ToB - SisterVigilante, Xan's voice, wrote some excellent Xan-initiated talks for it. I hope you'll try his Angelo NPC mod some day, if you haven't already.

Hope Coran will work for you, too! He's not romanceable, but I've got Valygar's romantic path in Romantic Encounters, and I can't recommend Edwin Romance enough - it's the one that got me into the modding scene. And BG1 NPC with EasyTutu, but since you've played bonded Xan, you're more than familiar with that one.

And thank you very much for posting! This topic made my day.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: