BG2 Completed Mods > Unfinished Business

Murder of Acton Balthis

(1/4) > >>

Thimblerig:
Is it possible to finish this quest without

- Quataris calling his guards on you
- You killing the guards in self-defense, and
- You losing a whopping chunk of Reputation for said self-defense?

I mean, I tried immobilising them, but Quataris wouldn't talk about confessions until they were dead.

Have I missed something?

Kulyok:
Hey, welcome to PPG!

Thank you for reporting. Hmmm, now that's interesting. I killed these guys(guards) during testing, and no reputation loss happened. Will you please post your Weidu.log, so I could address this issue when I'm back from vacation?

You could also try pickpocketing Quataris and returning to Brega with the bust(I should probably add a line or two for THAT particular option, heheh).

(By the way, THIS report has a VERY good chance of being forgotten/overlooked, because it's not in the main bug thread).

Thimblerig:
Sure.  Wasn't sure if it counted as a bug or not.

And thanks.

Is it still sunny?

Kulyok:
It's definitely unintended behavior, so I'm going to check it out. Red circles are good, reputation loss is something I want to avoid. I have a feeling that Fixpack changes these guards to "innocents", which doesn't make sense to me, as they're 1) armed; 2) corrupt. Anyway, will check. I wish this laptop copied my exe files from my desktop properly, so I could do it in-game *today*, not after the vacation. Win8 sucks.

Thorass:
The quest seems to be bugged: Haer'Dalis got arrested, I talked to inspector Brega, visited Balthis Estate and talked to his servant, after which I went to Waukeen's Promenade and got Quataris' confession; talked to Brega again, went to prison and got Haer'Dalis released - but the quest does not update as completed - Haer'Dalis does not even have any dialogue for the situation, only responding as if I am dropping him from the party. So, what's going on?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version