Author Topic: Kidnapping of Boo - Billy not spawning  (Read 639 times)

Offline AuraofMana

• Planewalker
Kidnapping of Boo - Billy not spawning
« on: December 20, 2022, 02:21:21 AM »
I've tried searching the forum, pinned threads, and general Googling and haven't found anything. Sorry if this is a repeat and please guide me to the right place to look if so.

For the Kidnapping of Boo quest. Billy, who is supposed to spawn in front of the Sea's Bounty Tavern isn't doing that. I watched someone play the mod online and saw that he's supposed to show up there, and it's also written in the walkthrough on the wiki. I've tried resting, moving to another district and coming back, etc. and it hasn't worked. I also found the creature code (WWBILLY) and tried spawning him but it doesn't do anything.

How do I proceed here? Is there something I am missing or a way to console myself forward?

Thanks!

Offline AuraofMana

• Planewalker
Re: Kidnapping of Boo - Billy not spawning
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2022, 05:07:09 PM »
Seems like I figured it out after trying a few things. Here's the solution for anyone else who came here looking.

1. Make sure the global "WWBooGone" is set to 1; use EEKeeper (for EE version of the game) or ShadowKeeper (for vanilla).
2. Make sure the global "WWBillySeen" is set to 0.
3. Then walk Minsc up to Billy outside the Sea's Bounty tavern. If billy isn't there, create him using CLUAConsole -> C:CreateCreature("WWBILLY").
4. This should trigger a conversation between Minsc and Billy. Billy will then run away into the upper floor of the Sea's Bounty. Go inside and he should walk over to four thugs in the back and you can initiate another conversation. The quest should proceed as normal from here.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: