Author Topic: Testing v20  (Read 7442 times)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Testing v20
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2013, 02:28:55 PM »
I'm not sure(it's late and I'm a bit sleepy), but I think you'll find some answers in searching Baldur's Gate 2 Fixpack forum over at Gibberlings3. I think it's Fixpack's area of expertise. UB's got a "restored bams" component, but I think that's different.

(There's also a very popular avatar/item mod called 1PP/One Pixel Productions over at shsforums.net . Not directly related to your query, but just saying).

Offline Mike1072

• Planewalker
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2013, 03:21:37 PM »
The HP issue is a known bug in ToB, but I don't know if anyone's still trying to fix it.  http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=9321

1PP actually includes new (unique) avatars for rogues.

Offline Cahir

• Planewalker
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2013, 06:10:46 PM »
Kulyok,

Second bug report went on Your PM box - Boo Kidnapping quest this time :)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2013, 01:24:49 AM »
Thank you very much, got both the letter and the PM. :) Will deal with them in detail later this weekend.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2013, 01:23:23 AM »
Currently I've got great playthrough reports from two amazing testers, and a few typo reports from good people who just wanted to take a look. So, I think we're pretty much set, but I'd like to reiterate again: this UB v20 is stable, it's working(confirmed by player reports and my reports), and if you're starting a UB playthrough, please, drop a line here or in my SHS/G3 PM box, and I'll send you the link. You don't have to report anything later, though "Yep, it worked fine" or "I had this issue here" posts are always appreciated.

Khelben

« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2013, 02:13:30 AM »
Greetings.

Has UB v20 been released ? If not can i have a link to it ? (pardon my asking but is there a reason the link is not public ?).
The WeiDU way of uninstalling a dozen of mods and reinstalling them is a bit cumbersome so i wouldn't like to be
in the middle of the playthrough and have to redo it when it is released.

I don't know how much of a help i will be in finding bugs since i never noticed the bugs being described and i always do the UB quests.
Even when i did not use the BWFixpack, the only "bug" i had was some quests not being removed from the journal.

I have another question that has bugged me for some time. Many modding guides recommend
not installing "Anomen / Yoshimo Original portraits" without giving an explanation why.
I remember reading a post years ago saying that these components messed something up but didn't say what.
In the .tp2 i read that they just copy some BMP files.

So, is this recommendation relevant today or it is a relic from older days when an older UB version did something different ?

Thank you for your time.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2013, 02:55:14 AM »
Hey,

All new version of our mods are public, except for the time when they're in testing. The testing's nearly over, I should hope, and I'm just waiting jcompton's go ahead with the .nsi archive, but if you'd like a link, please, register, and I will send you one by a private message.

As for Anomen/Yoshimo portraits, I see that the code really doesn't/shouldn't mess anything, it's just copying some bmp files to /override and /portraits. Personally, I don't recommend them because I don't like them: Yoshimo looks very different, and Anomen looks too sweet for my taste. But it's a question of taste, I think.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: