Author Topic: The Sellswords v1 is available!  (Read 18121 times)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
The Sellswords v1 is available!
« on: August 07, 2013, 11:23:50 PM »
The Sellswords mod for Baldur's Gate 2 is out. After all these months, you can finally meet Kimmuriel Oblodra, Jarlaxle and Artemis Enteri, enjoy new adventures and discover the Matron Mother's treasury. Just go straight to Waukeen's Promenade in Chapter 6.

I could never create this journey to Menzoberranzan alone. The characters truly came alive with the help of some of the best voice actors in the community: Ascension64, Jason Compton, Lava Del'Vortel, SisterVigilante and Tess Grey. Thanks to Kaeloree who also participated!

My big thanks to the artists, Untitliel, Kell Smith(MeverikElf), SargeCrys and Aerenwyn, who allowed me to use their portraits. Take a look at the full versions:
Kimmuriel, Artemis Entreri, Jarlaxle and the Matron Mother.

I'd also like to thank my editors and proofreaders, Alex Kirst and Rhaella, and those who beta-tested the mod before release: Lava Del'Vortel, Ishad Nha, viader, and ViniJones.

Thanks to everyone who gave me valuable tech advice on the forums, especially Wisp, Ardanis and argent77.

And, of course, special thanks go to Lava Del'Vortel, whose areas made it all possible, and Jason Compton, who agreed to host the end result.

Read more about the mod
View the Readme

The mod is available in Russian and English. Throne of Bhaal is required.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Re: The Sellswords v1 is available!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 12:16:34 AM »
And you've probably noticed, but just in case: Back to Brynnlaw mod is just one forum over. Have fun!

Thimblerig

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 03:44:18 AM »
I cannot lie - I really hope there's a chance to smack Jarlaxle around some.  He just... brings it out in me.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 03:53:02 AM »
Oh, he will be punished enough for his... transgressions. You'll see.

Then again, the guy just can't take the hint.

Jenny

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 06:31:42 AM »
Hi!

Uhm I usually never write anything on forums due to being a tad shy... But I somehow felt that I just wanted to thank you for making such great mods, I have them all and I would not be able to play Baldurs Gate II without them.

Everything you do is just amazing and I wish there was some kind of reward within the modding world 'cause then I'd make certain you won every time!

So, to end this, thank you, so much. You inspire my own writing dreams with your talent and hopefully someday I can find myself being nearly as good as you.

Thanks!
/Jenny.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 07:54:21 AM »
Yay! Thank you for posting. (Now if you won't like the mod, I will be very embarrassed).

There's a new Valygar romance/encounter soon in Romantic Encounters, if you're interested. I always wanted that Corthala fortune, and now female Valygar fans won't have to deal with him eventually marrying another woman.

Offline Truman

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 07:09:54 AM »
     Thank you for creating a new mod for BG2. It was enjoyable. There were a couple of things that i felt were a little off. The first was the amount of quest points awarded. It seemed a bit overly generous, but at that point in the game i will take everything that i can get. The second thing was that i felt a little claustrophobic walking around the area. I thought the number of quests was larger then the area could hold, or at least that is my opinion.
     I hope that this does not sound critical of the mod. I liked the mod and felt that it is a good one and very enjoyable.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 07:53:30 AM »
Hello! Welcome to PPG!

Thank you for your feedback. I'll compare XP points with the Underdark XP points once again, and if they're higher, I'll try to shrink them a little.

And, yes, the amount of small quests... hmm... should I cut them all, do you think? Okay, kidding. I freely admit you're right. Between "shall I add another miniquest while waiting for some of the voice artists to come up with their lines?" and the fact that my wonderful area artist was a bit shocked when I asked him to make me an entire city(so we went with a smaller area), that's what you get, I fear! Both Back and Brynnlaw and The Sellswords suffer from this malady a little. Or more than a little, depending. Still, we've got a wonderfully evil Kimmuriel.

Anyway, thank you again for posting!

Jenny

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 03:03:24 PM »
Yay! Thank you for posting. (Now if you won't like the mod, I will be very embarrassed).

There's a new Valygar romance/encounter soon in Romantic Encounters, if you're interested. I always wanted that Corthala fortune, and now female Valygar fans won't have to deal with him eventually marrying another woman.

Oh that made me so happy  :o I just started a new game due to a certain someone releasing a happy ending for my favourite elf ever, Mr. Xan! And I for once decided to bring Valygar along, his short romance in SoA made me happy and sad since greedy as I am, I wanted more (sorry Xan!  :'()
I really like Valygar now and I am looking forwards to the new encounter, which I hope that you've written!  :)

Thank you for replying to me, maybe I should actually say thank you to all you lovely mod makers more often!
Take care!
/Jenny.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 12:17:36 AM »
You can play Valygar ToB right now, if you want. If you register and send me a PM here or at Gibberlings3, I'll happily provide the link - for you or anyone else who asks. :)

EDIT: Romantic Encounters v7 with Valygar is out!

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2013, 10:36:17 AM »
v2 is out: it fixes a particularly lazy gith knight, who cleverly turns invisible during the battle and then stands around doing nothing, instead of attacking suicidally. If you fail to notice him, you fail to kill him, get the wardstone and complete the quest. But no longer.

If you have v1, you don't need to reinstall. Just use True Sight during the gith fight.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: