Author Topic: A check of Mac(OSX) versions will be appreciated  (Read 7072 times)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
A check of Mac(OSX) versions will be appreciated
« on: August 07, 2013, 02:11:48 AM »
I have prepared Mac versions for The Sellswords and for another mod, but since I don't have a Mac, myself, I would really appreciate if a Mac/OSX player tested these mods.

I only need to check if the mods install and the starting characters are in the game(in case of The Sellswords, meeting Kimmuriel and checking if he's voiced is appreciated). The Readmes have the info.

EDIT: The mods are available, so feel free to test away! I'll be happy to update the versions if you find any issues.

Offline ericp07

• Planewalker
Re: A check of Mac(OSX) versions will be appreciated
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 09:30:33 AM »
I'll gladly install and test the mod, if I can download it. The Mac OS X d/l link takes me back to the announcement page, so there's nothing to download.
Apprentice modder
Working under Mac OS X on a hot-rodded PPC G4 Quicksilver (pre-Intel Mac)
~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Meleryn Gwaithoron of Mielikki: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in active development (working on dialogue...).

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 09:59:49 AM »
Hey! I see you've got a PPG account - welcome!

Fixed the filename, and thank you for telling me. Please let me know if OSX version for The Sellswords works for you. If you could take a look at Back to Brynnlaw's OSX version, I'd be very grateful, too.

Offline ericp07

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 06:04:55 PM »
Da, been here for a while now, and sometimes I even recall how to log in *L*

All is well now!
Apprentice modder
~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Meleryn Gwaithoron of Mielikki: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in active development (working on dialogue...).

Offline ericp07

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 06:06:34 PM »
Went ahead and grabbed Back to Brynnlaw while I was at it, so I'll test both on my most reliable installation :)
Apprentice modder

Offline sturmvogel

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 01:15:37 PM »
Tried to download the Mac version of V5 and got redirected to the announcements page.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 04:36:28 AM »
Okay, changed the link, sorry! Try again, please. :)

Offline sturmvogel

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 03:14:18 PM »
Now both the mod links and news are blank on the download page. Thanks for your quick response, BTW.

Offline CrevsDaak

• big kid lil' orc
  • Planewalker
  • duuuh graah
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 06:01:31 PM »
The version of sox packaged with Assassinations is for the PowerPC architecture and won't work in OSX > 10.5. I've uploaded a version of sox that works on 10.6+ OSX here (it's also much smaller since I use upx over it :D).

BTW, I couldn't download Sellswords (missing links on download page), but I think the same changes should be done (version of sox changed) and it'll be OK.

Tobias

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 04:25:33 AM »
The version of sox packaged with Assassinations is for the PowerPC architecture and won't work in OSX > 10.5. I've uploaded a version of sox that works on 10.6+ OSX here (it's also much smaller since I use upx over it :D).

BTW, I couldn't download Sellswords (missing links on download page), but I think the same changes should be done (version of sox changed) and it'll be OK.

Hey I if you use this link you can get to the mod by going to the what the mod link should direct you too.

http://mods.pocketplane.net/kulyok/Sellswords_v5.zip

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: