Author Topic: New bug in Anomen quest?  (Read 22682 times)

berelinde

New bug in Anomen quest?
« on: June 19, 2006, 02:51:12 AM »
This probably isn't the forum for this, but I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with mods messing up quests?

Problem: male PC, Anomen's quest won't start. He's been in the party forever, keeps talking about his upcoming test with Keldorn and anyone else who will listen, except the PC, and no messenger to tell of Moira's death.

Mods installed: Ease (multiple romances, happy party, the works)--I expect that is the problem

AnomenRomanceActive Global = 1, which is not unexpected, since the mod does disable gender/race conflicts. I'd as soon my PC remained straight, but I could live with an Anomen romance if it would mean his quest would start.

I don't understand this. I've run a female PC and the Anomen quest ran as expected. And the gender/race thing was working, too, since the Jaheira romance started up.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Offline Bex

• black marketeer
  • Planewalker
Re: New bug in Anomen quest?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 01:11:09 AM »
Yup, with additional hilarity.

See new thread for details.
Silverjon's Journal: a Baldur's Gate fanfic/semi-AAR, by yours truly

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 11:53:58 AM »
Recently, I decided to give Amber (new NPC) a try. My boyfriend and I sometimes play in multiplayer mode on 2 computers simultaneously, with his female fighter/mage as Player 1 and my male Undead Hunter as Player 2. As you know, the closest thing Player 2 gets to game content in an unmodified BioWare game is the appelation "Follower of <CHARNAME>" on a statue in Trademeet. The Amber mod rectifies this. But Amber is incompatible with the multiple romance option of Ease of Use. So, I uninstalled that component, downloaded and installed Amber, and then did so in the reverse order on my boyfriend's computer.

That messed up the dialog.tlk file for multiplayer purposes, so I wound up having to do a clean install on both machines anyway, paying attention to installation order, this time.

Since I had no intention of installing the multiple-romance component this time, there was no need to install the "Ignore Race/Gender" option of Ease of Use, which I believe is the culprit.

It will be interesting to see if Anomen's quest now starts in a game with a male pc.

In a game with a female pc, I've just been letting the romance move along until after Anomen makes his decision. Then, if I feel like terminating it, I do so.

Offline Helper

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 10:27:07 PM »
Anyone know a CLUAConsole cheat for creating the messenger to start the quest?  Or is there any other quick and dirty way to get this quest? Thanks in advance.

datacut

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 07:40:17 PM »
Sorry for bumping, but to help anyone else that is researching the issue and comes across this and not anything else of use (like i did) then the way to resolve this is as follows:

check the amomenromanceactive:

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("AnomenRomanceActive","GLOBAL"), if this returns the value 1 then set it to 0:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("AnomenRomanceActive","GLOBAL",0)

you may need to do this twice, the first time to get anomen summoned home, the second to be summoned to the order of the radient heart.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: