Author Topic: Multi-player error versions do not match?  (Read 6750 times)

Zaros

Multi-player error versions do not match?
« on: July 06, 2013, 10:57:05 PM »
Okay so I have installed it in the order:
install BG+BG2 first of all
run the fixpack for BG2 and widescreen fix
then you run EasyTutu and it creates another directory where it transfers BG assets into the BG2 engine
then you run BG2tweakpack and point it to the new Tutu dir
to run BGTutu you obviously must run the exe in the Tutu dir

Everything works fine for singleplayer and I can launch a multiplayer game (using windowed mode). I first just straight up copied all of the installs to my laptop into the exact same location so that all mods etc would match. The laptop can see and even join the multiplayer game my pc is hosting but every time it joins it gets booted straight away and comes up with an error saying that the server and client do not have the same version they and lists both version numbers (really long numbers but are different). I tried doing it the other way around with the laptop hosting but get the same error in fact the version numbers stay the same (ie the server version is the same no matter what pc is hosting and same goes for the two client versions).

I have since done a full reinstall on the latop making sure all of the tweaks etc are the same instead of just copying and pasting but get the same error.
This error persists no matter if I use TCP/IP or ipx (I am using ipxwrapper seeing as they are both windows 7).

Any help would be appreciated.

Zaros

Re: Multi-player error versions do not match?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 11:06:06 PM »
Ok an update multi-player works fine in the original installs of both baldurs gate 1 and baldurs gate 2 so it must be a problem on the easyTUTU side of things.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: