Author Topic: Is it really worthwhile keeping Xan...  (Read 4284 times)

Offline Eva Galana

• Planewalker
Is it really worthwhile keeping Xan...
« on: September 16, 2013, 10:22:29 PM »
after he breaks up with you?  I'm finding everything he says to my chaotic good cleric/thief completely, well, mean.  It's like he doesn't care about hurting her feelings, and honestly, if he doesn't have anything else to say, I'm thinking of dumping him.  Trying to also talk myself into trying to get back together w/him in ToB but with what he's saying, I cannot imagine any self-respecting girl - especially one who can have almost anyone she wants, putting up or even forgiving some of what he says.

Argh...such a heartwrenching path.  Liked the bonded path better...

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Is it really worthwhile keeping Xan...
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 07:17:52 AM »
That's the intent, yes. The non-bonded path means that CHARNAME either romanced someone else or broke up with Xan in BG1, and that's how it continued. There's quite a lot of content for this breakup, for I can imagine roleplaying this(or I imagine a person who'd want this dramance), but, naturally, if you'd like to switch to someone else, or keep Xan out of the party entirely, please do.

If you haven't seen ToB content for it, ever, though... I don't know, I can't in good faith advise you to kick him out.  I think you might be interested - the main path for ToB non-bonded is SisterVigilante's, and it's like an amazing revelation.

(And there's Sellswords\Brynnlaw crossmod).

Offline Eva Galana

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 10:46:09 AM »
Thanks.  I just did the Sellsword and Xan was amazingly quiet during that entire mod.  The only time he spoke was the scripted dialogue with Imoen about her magic.  Loved that mod, btw.  I am going to bring him into Brynnlaw, as I understand he has quite a bit of content there. So, it seems I missed some content in Sellsword (that's a mainstay now in all of my playthroughs!  I loved picking on Kimmuriel).

I love Xan - don't get me wrong (I was overemotional last night). But, the way I'm roleplaying this, my gal's been in love with him since forever (he broke up w/her in BG1 when her heritage was discovered; she  never romanced anyone else - and that one had me upset!).  So, now after 2 break ups, her heart's really hurting.  She started flirting w/Soulafien, but no response from Xan (and he just told her that it had all been just an infatuation; he never loved her).  Sooo....since this is such emotional writing, I was upset!  But, I've decided to keep him; and see if he regains his senses in ToB.  If not, Soula would be more than willing to take his place!  *cheeky grin*

I plan on running all three through ToB once I get this path out of SoA.  So am really, really looking forward to comparing the differences.  

And, well...it's SisterVigilante.  'Nuff said.  

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 11:57:26 AM »
:) I hope you'll have your vengeance... er, I mean, Xan will be redeemed in your eyes.

Hmm, quiet during Sellswords? You might have v10 installed(it's in your Weidu.log) - extra content is in v11.

Offline Eva Galana

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 04:55:16 PM »
Ah...forgot to install V11!  I talked myself out of it thinking I didn't need it.  Ah well...my loss...maybe I will play through again w/Xan...

Offline Eva Galana

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 12:58:35 PM »
'Kay, so, I take it back.  He is worth it! :D

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: