Author Topic: Portaits  (Read 4474 times)

Offline traaaaaaa

• Planewalker
Portaits
« on: June 28, 2013, 01:05:07 PM »
Is it possible to import the portraits from IWD2 to any of the BG series, or NWN? Also, could I import the voices from IWD2 to any of these games?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Portaits
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 01:32:37 PM »
Welcome to PPG! Yep, it's just image sizes and sound file names might be different.

Basically, if you place portraits into Portrait folder and name them NameS.bmp and NameM.bmp, you can use them. Sizes: 38*60 for NameS and 110*170 for NameM.

For the soundset names, it's harder. Basically, you'll have to download IWD2 lines, check each file in accordance with this list: http://iesdp.gibberlings3.net/files/ids/bg2/sndslot.htm and later, if you'd like to use them for a PC soundset, rename each file as shown here: http://iesdp.gibberlings3.net/files/2da/2da_tob/csound.htm

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 01:46:20 PM »
P.S. NWN is not an infinity engine game, so while you can operate with IWD2 files, we can't tell you how(unless an NWN modder/experienced player walks by. If you're interested in NPCs, romances and such, Domi tinkered with IWD2 files in her IWD2 NPCs mod, and she's a NWN2 modder - check her mods at forums.gibberlings3.net).

Offline traaaaaaa

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 05:00:12 PM »
Thanks for the welcome and reply. It is very helpful. Long time bg2 player that finally bought bg1 and the portraits are hideous.

Offline traaaaaaa

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 04:02:09 PM »
Sorry for the double post, but I'm still lost here. I can't seem to find the portraits in my IWD2 folder. Any suggestions on their location?

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
    • Infinity Engine Modding
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 06:17:49 PM »
IWD2 stock portraits are packed inside of a BIF file.  Only custom portraits that you install will be loose in an added portraits folder.

You can use NearInfinity to locate and export out the images you want.

Do note that the image sizes for IWD2 are different than all the other Infinity Engine games:  42x42 for small and 210x330 for large.  You will have to do some editing/cropping to get them to work with the other games.
My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
-------------------------------------------
My website: http://sasha-altherin.webs.com

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: