Author Topic: Can't import characters  (Read 2963 times)

Camarilla

Can't import characters
« on: April 26, 2013, 11:37:25 PM »
Hi,
first, let me thank you for your excellent mod. I remember playing it a couple of years back on my old computer & loving it. When I saw that it has been updated, I wanted to play it again - however, when I try to import the characters, the game locks up. No crash, it just locks up, doesn't respond and I have to shut it with task manager. I have no such problem when importing any other character than from IWD NPC. I've tried running the game in compatibility mode and as administrator, which didn't help. I've also tried a fresh install with the IWD NPC only, which didn't help either. I'm running Windows 7 (32-bit). I'd be grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction to solve this problem!
Camarilla

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Can't import characters
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 09:08:57 AM »
Hi! Thank you for reporting, I'll be happy to help if I can.

It might be that we've had this issue before. This topic mentions that it happens with a fresh install(no mods), and Avast antivirus may be the problem:
http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,27691.0.html
Check if you have Avast, and tell me if the solution pointed out in the topic(turning it off or changing the settings).

If it's not Avast:

First of all: you have IWD+HoW installed and patched(or have Tales of the Luremaster installed), and you've installed the mod and you're trying to import all five characters after your protagonist, right?
I need to know which classes you picked and when the game crashes, after which character - can you please post your Weidu.log here and tell me the name of the character who crashes the game?

It might be that there's a problem with the mod, so if anyone else has this issue, please, step forward with the same data I requested above.

Camarilla

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 11:39:22 AM »
Thanks for your reply, Kulyok. Even though I'm running a different antivirus than Avast, disabling it seems to have done the trick. So maybe it's not an Avast problem, but a problem with antiviruses in general. Whatever the reason, I'm happy that the problem is solved and I can't wait to see all the new content in your mod!
And thanks very much for your help. Your customer support is much better (and quicker) than the support for many paid products :)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 12:19:17 PM »
Good, I'm glad! And thank you - I hope you'll enjoy the mod.

I can be absent from the forums - we PPG modders go on vacations sometimes and deal with real life stuff - but our colleagues at forums.gibberlings3.net and at www.shsforums.net are always here to help. :)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: