Author Topic: Bugs and typos for v4  (Read 16615 times)

mvitko

Re: Bugs and typos for v4
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2014, 08:55:46 AM »
I tried installing this mod on the Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition but I got a error that CHITIN.key file can not be located. Is there perhaps a way I could solve this? Thank you.
The file is in the game directory, you should extract the mod files to that directory(the Setup-IWDNPC.exe -fle and the "IWDNPC" folder).
I did. And still it sais it can not find the chitin.key file. If I try to install it inside data folder where the chitin.key file is located than the error is that it can not find dialog.tlk and that I need to install it inside an infinity engine game. Thank you for any suggestions.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2014, 11:58:21 AM »
You have to use the version I'm linking in my IWD EE v5 topic, not the version from the site. Then you'll be able to install it into a directory with chitin.key. Sorry for any inconvenience and misunderstandings.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2014, 12:03:12 PM »
Egbert, I'm sorry, I can't find Teri's dialogue - she shouldn't have anything after the barbarian camp. :( Maybe I should look more.

For Korin, I think it's a Korin-Holvir dialogue, and I have no idea why it went wrong, but try and set SetGlobal("O#NPCHolvirKorin10","GLOBAL",1000) or something like that - should lock the dialogue.

Offline egbert

• Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2014, 03:53:18 AM »
Egbert, I'm sorry, I can't find Teri's dialogue - she shouldn't have anything after the barbarian camp. :( Maybe I should look more.

For Korin, I think it's a Korin-Holvir dialogue, and I have no idea why it went wrong, but try and set SetGlobal("O#NPCHolvirKorin10","GLOBAL",1000) or something like that - should lock the dialogue.

Problem solved???
Yesterday I installed v5 and continued my "Teri-broken" game. (I had no save with Korin anymore.) I played to the end without any problem (with at least one Teri-dialog).

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2014, 04:05:59 AM »
That's good news. :) Not sure if it was a random glitch or something else - I re-checked the scripts, but nothing stood out to me(I always check that both partifipants are in party, detectable, not dead and so on).

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2014, 02:26:31 AM »
egbert, it's been a few years, but I've just been editing the readme, and I think I found/remembered your problem - please, refer to the FAQ section of the Readme. The solution is rather simple: select the offending party member and press K key. :)