Author Topic: Bugs and typos for v4  (Read 16608 times)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Bugs and typos for v4
« on: April 09, 2013, 12:28:00 PM »
Please, post them here. All reports are welcome - as long as they are in a single thread, it's easier for me to find any problems with the mod and fix them.

Ayrus

Re: Bugs and typos for v4
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 06:14:25 PM »
In Korin's dialog, which he says in Hrothgar's house, (state 9/667) strref 35590 he says: "But when one of us is proved right, will we have enough courage to tell each other?". Shouldn't this be "proven right"?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 01:28:13 AM »
Yep, it is. Thank you for reporting - will fix in the next version.
And more typo reports are always welcome!

ViniJones

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 07:14:04 PM »
Hi,

Im not sure wether this is the right thread to whine or not, but here goes. After throwing bro Poquelin of the ice tower I was hyped to import the autosave beforehand into the HoW. When I imported the party I went through the Luremaster part, which worked fine. When I wanted to finish the job and go on a dragon killing spree however, I found Hjollder stuck in the Kuldahar conversation, Nella stating we need to save Kuldahar first and all that bs. Trouble is, when I accepted his proposal, he wind walked us to the HoW starting spot, but also sent his own ass to the meadhall. And when I find him on the isle of dead stuff, he starts his usual first HoW conversation sends me to the meadhall and windwalks out. Obviously I cant reach the meadhall now that Ive already been through the island.  Hes basicly one convo behind of where he should be.

When starting a new game and importing my main guy, hjollder works fine, but the npcs in the tavern are reset of course and thats no fun :). Im playing the IWD in BG2 version. Any help or words of consolation appreaciated.

If nothing else at least know that im a big fan of your bg2 mods and enjoyed this one a lot so far. Great work.

VJ

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 12:43:46 AM »
I think you can salvage your game by editing one of Hjollder's variables, so his conversation on the isle of the dead is _right_, and the game continues.
I don't remember which variable it is, but I will look for you. I can only look after work, though, which means in ten hours or so, so it's worth it to ask at IWD-in-BG2 forum, too.

Especially since it looks like an IWD-in-BG2 issue, so it is worth reporting at IWD-in-BG2 forum, so that DavidW and CamDawg fix it in the next release.
(IWD NPC doesn't edit Hjollder's dialogue this way, just adds  interjections in the middle, it shouldn't influence anything).

EDIT: Also, you need to tell the guys which version of IWD-in-BG2 you have(in IWD-in-BG2 forum, I mean), because I remember an older version having a similar issue.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 09:53:03 AM »
Okay, the solution to your problem should be calling the console on Burial Isle and setting:
SetGlobal("Hjollder_quest","GLOBAL",4)

It works only on IWD, mind you, not sure about IWD-in-BG2, though it should work there, as well.

ViniJones

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 05:03:28 PM »
Im back, and even sober this time

bg2 console doesnt treat just the SetGlobal("Hjollder_quest","GLOBAL",4) as a command for some reason.  
After a quick forum search I found out, that the command actually works and I got my map location. I just had to add a CLUAconsole: in front of it.

"(IWD NPC doesn't edit Hjollder's dialogue this way, just adds  interjections in the middle, it shouldn't influence anything)." <--- Yes it would seem like an issue the conversion would cause, rather than the mod itself.

Oddly enough, I couldnt find any mention of a similar problem happening(This beeing the reason, why I posted it here and not on g3 forums). I have the v7 of iwd-in-bg, which I believe is the latest. Gonna knock on their door sooner or later. Trouble is, every time I delve there I find 5 or more new things I wanna download and play instead of the answers I seek. :)

Either way, the game appears to have been salvaged and Im looking forward to Sunday. Big thanks for the command and a lightning quick response.
"Thy decency is refreshing"

btw: Working on anything new? Need any help testing or reviewing or something a fan could do? :P

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 11:07:29 PM »
I've got a working beta of Sellswords mod for BG2 - an adventure in the Underdark, with Artemis Entreri, Jarlaxle, Kimmuriel Oblodra and everything. :) If you want it, just ask - either register and post here, and I'll send you a PM, or PM me at Gibberlings3.

Offline ViniJones

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 01:47:40 PM »
Im all about that, sent you a pm.(at least I believe I did) Link away anyday.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2013, 02:08:59 PM »
Unfortunately, only users with 5 posts and more than 5 posts can send PM's(anti-spam). You have only one post for now. But you can receive PM's!

I've sent you the link to the beta. :)

EDIT: You may be able to see Sellswords Beta forum soon - please, post there when you're done playing the beta. Or PM me(again, five posts or more on this forum are needed - or PM me at G3).

Ashantor

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2013, 06:45:27 AM »
Hi,

First things first: nice work, really nice. I always remembered IWD as a very very dry hack and slash game, your NPCs changed that. Thank you!

I played through IWD without problems using your all of your NPCs. In HoW I only kept Nella. Now the party is talking to Edion Caradoc (Burial Isle). Questioning him about his sickness leads to a statement from him "Death is change ....", there should appear 4 answer options for me but they don't. There is just the continue button and when I hit it the game crashes (I mean according to the task manager the exe is still running but all had gone black). I uninstalled your mod and everything was fine (that's the reason I know that there should be 4 answer options) and I was able to trade with him. That's why I'm assuming it has something to do with the NPCmod. Well, there is always a chance that I messed things up.... The crash can be circumvented when I avoid asking him about his condition at all.
I'm using the IWD-fixpack, the tweakpack und Unfinished business, playing the GOG-version.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2013, 03:33:04 PM »
Thank you, you've discovered a bug report! I'll be able to fix it soon(going to sleep now) - probably silently(won't update the version number, but will update the code and post here).

Note to self: InterjectionsHoW.d/InterjectHoWBG2.d:

EXTEND_BOTTOM DEDION 10
IF ~InParty("O#Nella") Detect("O#Nella") !StateCheck("O#Nella",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ EXTERN O#HOLVIR O#HolvirDEDION10
END

- should be O#Holvir instead of O#Nella everywhere in this line.

Offline Nugrud

• Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 07:35:28 AM »
Rikshasa, a friendly jackalware on the 4th level of castle dungeons in Trials answers Holvir: "It was the least I could do. Go well, and thead lightly", shouldn't it be "thread" there? I think it's from this mod. btw, in this level I suffer the most stuttering gameplay so far, it's like 1 second of action and then 10s of lag, so after mouse-click I read a book and peek from time to time to see the progress :) But maybe it's from other mods, like tweakpack or sth. The more spellcasters the more stutter.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 08:47:19 AM »
Yes, thank you for the typo report!

I think the stuttering shouldn't be from IWD NPC mod, at least, in all these years, I haven't heard about anyone experiencing something like that. And it seems like a bad case - might be a bug in one of the mods. If it's spellcasting-related, then, yeah, probably a component related to spellcasting/AI scripts/related mods, especially if you're on IWD-in-BG@.

Offline The Imp

• Planewalker
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2014, 09:07:38 AM »
btw, in this level I suffer the most stuttering gameplay so far, it's like 1 second of action and then 10s of lag, so after mouse-click I read a book and peek from time to time to see the progress :) But maybe it's from other mods, like tweakpack or sth. The more spellcasters the more stutter.
Have you done all this ? Specifically the points 1-8, 12 and 14... cause of the BG2 engine, the IwD-in-BG2 should actually run better than the plain IwD, but only if you set it up correctly.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 09:11:03 AM by The Imp »

Offline Nugrud

• Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2014, 02:15:34 PM »
I am using a vanilla IwD v1.42, and I suspect a culprit to be somewhere from tweaks, and maybe augmented by using linux/WINE which at least caused my weidu.log to look like below. Once I cleared the area from spellcasters it was smooth again. I'm now heading to finish Icasaracht :D

Code: [Select]
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~1PP_IWD_FIXES/1PP_IWD_FIXES.TP2~ #0 #0 // ?????? -> : ???
~1PP_IWD_FIXES/1PP_IWD_FIXES.TP2~ #0 #1 // ?????? -> : ???
~1PP_IWD_FIXES/1PP_IWD_FIXES.TP2~ #0 #2 // ?????? -> : ???
~IWDFIXPACK/SETUP-IWDFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // ?????? -> : ???
~IWDFIXPACK/SETUP-IWDFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // ?????? -> : ???
~1PP_HQ_MUSIC_IWD/1PP_HQ_MUSIC_IWD.TP2~ #0 #0 // ?????? -> : ???
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #0 // ?????? -> : ???
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #100 // ?????? -> : ???
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #200 // ?????? -> : ???
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #400 // ?????? -> : ???
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #500 // ?????? -> : ???
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #600 // ?????? -> : ???
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #1500 // ?????? -> : ???
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // ?????? -> : ???
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #20 // ?????? -> : ???
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // ?????? -> : ???
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #70 // ?????? -> : ???
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // ?????? -> : ???
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1030 // ?????? -> : ???
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // ?????? -> : ???
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // ?????? -> : ???
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2030 // ?????? -> : ???
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // ?????? -> : ???
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2050 // ?????? -> : ???
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // ?????? -> : ???
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2080 // ?????? -> : ???
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // ?????? -> : ???
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // ?????? -> : ???
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // ?????? -> : ???
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3142 // ?????? -> : ???
~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod -> for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!): Widescreen Mod v3.02
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 02:16:15 PM by Nugrud »

Offline The Imp

• Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2014, 05:21:22 AM »
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~1PP_IWD_FIXES/1PP_IWD_FIXES.TP2~ #0 #0 // ?? ?? ?? -> : ?? ?
~1PP_IWD_FIXES/1PP_IWD_FIXES.TP2~ #0 #1 // ?? ?? ?? -> : ?? ?
~1PP_IWD_FIXES/1PP_IWD_FIXES.TP2~ #0 #2 // ?? ?? ?? -> : ?? ?
~IWDFIXPACK/SETUP-IWDFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // ?? ?? ?? -> : ?? ?
~IWDFIXPACK/SETUP-IWDFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // ?? ?? ?? -> : ?? ?
~1PP_HQ_MUSIC_IWD/1PP_HQ_MUSIC_IWD.TP2~ #0 #0 // ?? ?? ?? -> : ?? ?
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #0 // ?? ?? ?? -> : ?? ?
~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod -> for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!): Widescreen Mod v3.02
That's a lot of media files... and you have not biffed the files... so install this !
Ouh, and this: G3DALETWEAKS is the wrong mod to install to the BG2 engine, use the regular BG2 Tweakpacks. As you are using the BG2 resources and file structures, not the native Icewind Dale ones. Ahh... misread that, anyways...

Also I have run a few cases of the ?????? -> ??? in the weidu.log on PC too, especially in the Icewind side on the moding and from what I can tell, it's nothing too bad, but it might have to do with the setup-widescreen.exe not been updated to the later version of the weidu.exe .
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 03:38:35 PM by The Imp »

Offline Nugrud

• Planewalker
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2014, 03:11:28 PM »
No, I don't play IwD-in-BG2, maybe next time. But Generalized Biffing helped a lot! Thanks!

Offline hook71

• Planewalker
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2014, 03:35:37 PM »
Some potential typos.

Dialogue.tra:

@483  = ~But if I find a signpost to Jewellery Chamber, I'll be sure to point it out to you.  I'd paint one, but I am out of jewels.~

Jewellery -> Jewelry (to match @480)

@573  = ~Nella, I've long wanted to ask - the book you read at rest....~ [O#HOL067]

rest.... -> rest...

@685  = ~You are right, too: tradition and vanity often call for luxuious burials, which are unnecessary.  Great warriors are buried in full armor and regalia, but it only attracts looters years and centuries hence.~

luxuious -> luxurious

@733  = ~You paint a pretty picture.  But, yes, I can just see it.  I often wished I was raised in real a temple, with Arundel as my mentor.~ [O#NEL076]

real a -> a real

@2429 = ~Our last conversation before the big battle...  My friends, it has been my joy, my honor to travel with you.  This has truly been a good adevnture.~

adevnture -> adventure

@2571 = ~What do you mean, must be?  It's absolutely, surely, and irreversibly is love of the highest order!  Come here, you.~

It's -> It

DialogueTotL.tra:

@123  = ~But copying is very easy.  Here, lend me your stylos...~ [O#KOR094]

stylos -> stylus

@211  = ~I'm impatiently awaiting for more.  As long as the floor doesn't give way next.~

awaiting -> waiting

InterjectionsHoW.tra:

@171  = ~This pact is against honor and right.  Be aware that I shall be you watching you both.~

be you watching -> be watching

InterjectionsTotL.tra:

@64   = ~It was the least I could do.  Go well, and thead lightly.~

thead -> tread

Player.tra:

@539  = ~(Nella laughgs and kisses you back.)~

laughgs -> laughs

@541  = ~(Her hair is long and light, almost golden, and together with a pair of serious dark eyes, they create a starking contrast.  Noticing your gaze, Nella opens her mouth... but says nothing.)~

starking -> stark

@577  = ~If I may ask... you are a vibrant and attractive woman.  How is it that you arrived to Easthaven alone?~

to Easthaven -> in Easthaven

@585  = ~I am sorry.  I do not know why the idea even arrived to my head.  I simply imagined you travelling on your own, in the night, without friends and companions, and the thought was rather... disquieting.~

even arrived to my head -> even entered my head

@645  = ~So if a beautiful young woman asks you to be her husband and protector?..~

protector?.. -> protector...?

@1151 = ~And my prize is?..~

is?.. -> is...?

@1159 = ~It was, often enough.  I had no one to watch me as I set camp in the wilderness.  But one learns to be a light sleeper quite soon.  And I... learnt to rely on yourself.~

yourself -> myself

@1229 = ~No making love on Waterdivian rooftops, then?  Figures.  Just my luck.~

Waterdivian -> Waterdhavian

@1643 = ~You were half-starved when you arrived to Icewind Dale, remember?  Stealing may not work so well.~

to Icewind Dale -> in Icewind Dale

@1674 = ~But are you uncomfortable when I pay attention to someone else, right?~

are you -> you are

@1694 = ~It was your call to agree to Hjollder 's plea, and you made the right one.  We can make a difference.~

Hjollder 's -> Hjollder's

@1716 = ~I would be my pleasure.  I learnt to row in Waterdeep when I was a boy, but it's not a skill easily forgotten.~

I would -> It would

@1769 = ~(Holvir kisses your hand and walks away, looking rather distraught and pale.  But there is a new expression in his eyes, an uncertain and almost hopeful one, which could be described by simple words:  "But what if?..")~

if?.. -> if...?

@1804 = ~Aww, don't you want a lead a tribe?~

a lead -> to lead

@1859 = ~But I want you.  Don't you want to?..~

to?.. -> to...?

@1864 = ~Alas, I haven't even come close to the full meaning of the world.  But it's a start.~

world -> word

And for IWD:EE you might want to replace:

Faerun -> Faerûn
Selune -> Selûne

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2014, 05:14:03 AM »
Thank you! That's very, very, very useful - will do my best to integrate it in the next update with the portraits.

(probably won't work to the Selune/Faerun thing, since it doesn't work for BG2 properly, and I'd like to keep it consistent).

Offline egbert

• Planewalker
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2014, 01:53:30 AM »
Bugreport
-----------
- I played IwD without any Problems.
- Then I started HoW and used the save from the IwD finish.
- In TotL (in Dungeon level 4) Korim started to say s.th. Clicking "Continue" killed the game.
- After that in HoW after my first visit in the Barbarian Camp the same with Teri.

(installed Mods: IWDFIXPACK v6, G3DALETWEAKS v15, UB_IWD v7)

Btw: The authors don't evolve IwD_in_BG2 any longer because they believe in IWD:EE ($20). It stays at v8 - which means you can't Play TotL.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2014, 11:56:22 AM »
That's unfortunate, and I'm sorry to hear about your troubles Can you please provide more data, like:
- were you playing IWD-in-BG2 v8?
- did Korin(Teri) start the conversation, or was it an interjection into someone else's dialogue? (I'll check. Probably TotL is out of my hands if it ain't working for IWD-in-BG2, but I'll certainly check the camp).

mvitko

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2014, 03:19:25 PM »
I tried installing this mod on the Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition but I got a error that CHITIN.key file can not be located. Is there perhaps a way I could solve this? Thank you.

Offline The Imp

• Planewalker
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2014, 04:56:07 PM »
I tried installing this mod on the Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition but I got a error that CHITIN.key file can not be located. Is there perhaps a way I could solve this? Thank you.
The file is in the game directory, you should extract the mod files to that directory(the Setup-IWDNPC.exe -fle and the "IWDNPC" folder).

Offline egbert

• Planewalker
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2014, 07:53:51 AM »
That's unfortunate, and I'm sorry to hear about your troubles Can you please provide more data, like:
- were you playing IWD-in-BG2 v8?
- did Korin(Teri) start the conversation, or was it an interjection into someone else's dialogue? (I'll check. Probably TotL is out of my hands if it ain't working for IWD-in-BG2, but I'll certainly check the camp).

As I said I had this Problem playing the ORIG.
Korin/Teri started the conversation.

First time I reloaded the game, but without success.
Then I hold Korin dead in my party until I was back in HoW. But resurrected, he started his fatal (and at this place senseless) dialog again.
I'm not sure but I think that Teri started the next Dialog after which  also killed the game.