Author Topic: Is it me, or is your whole captcha-system horrible broken?  (Read 3578 times)

Offline Ulb

• Planewalker
Is it me, or is your whole captcha-system horrible broken?
« on: March 30, 2013, 08:41:01 AM »
So I just wanted to list my new kit mod on the 'Infinity Engine Modlist - BG2 Kit Mods' section.

Unfortunately, I couldn't do that, since the captcha images didn't show.

After I tried different browsers, I even started to pester some of my FB friends to do it for me, but they reported the same problem, I had encountered.

"No problem", I said to myself, "I'll just message an admin or moderator and ask him to do it for me.", or so I thought....

This time, I could actually see the captcha images (on top and at the bottom of the pm text field), but typing it in correctly is either beyond my capability, or captchas just really really don't like me at all... :(

I don't mean to offend anyone, but you might want to take a look at those nasty captchas..

PS: I would still be very much interested in listing my kit mod on the PP Mod list, so if an admin or moderator sees this post and has a good idea how to do that, please let me know. :)

Ulb

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Is it me, or is your whole captcha-system horrible broken?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 09:26:15 AM »
Unfortunately, yes, it is broken. We need the admin to update it and probably to update forum software, to boot. Ahem.

I added your mod now, of  course. I'm doing my best to add new SHS misc mods to the list when they appear(or, rather, in large batches); unfortunately, when your mod thread appeared, it wasn't available for download, hence I opened the thread, shrugged and moved on(it's probably a good idea to only open threads in Misc mods section if your mod is released).

I'll add an extra pinned thread for submitting stuff to the modlist here, in the forum.

Offline Ulb

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 09:33:00 AM »
Thanks a lot Kulyok!

As for the 'empty' thread, yes that was entirely my own fault. I wanted the readme file to link to the mod forum, so I opended the thread first (to get the url) and edited everything in later.
(Also, it turns out that the ShS website will automatically create a thread for every misc mod uploaded, so I had to get rid of the second thread as well.)

Anyway, thanks for the upload. :)

Ulb

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 11:47:16 PM »
The modlist CAPTCHA system stopped working at some point on its own, probably because the server's PHP was updated in a way that the CAPTCHA code no longer supports. It's also possible there is a dependency we're missing (our host moved us to a different machine semi-recently.) I'll try to find someone skilled enough in PHP to come up with a workaround for us.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 02:30:59 PM »
Filed a support ticket with the host over the modlist CAPTCHA problem, I seem to have figured out what's wrong there, in any case.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 02:45:28 PM »
Okay, modlist submission is back to normal.