Author Topic: Xan BG2 NPC v10 is available! A happy ending for the bonded path and more!  (Read 14033 times)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
It is amazing. Do you feel it? We have the rest of our lives.

Today is the day! No longer does Xan die in the graveyard in Chapter 6, if his BG1 romance is continued(oops, did I say the Big Spoiler out loud? Never mind). Instead, you get your happy ending.

Find out how Xan's parents met, ask him to become your Chosen, discuss your future(at length!), pancakes, elves and racism, different afterlives for human lovers, alternate universes, ice cream and much more. Make an omelet, have a massage or a boat ride, visit a room with a mirrored ceiling, speculate on Cyric's motivation, unveil a jealousy scene, drink tea, find out what Xan was up to during the Time of Troubles and dream of cheese - or cherries in bloom. In short - have fun!

Read the Readme - Spoiler Section to find out more!

You still can get a tragic conclusion for the bonded path, if you want - or even start a new ToB game for a "happy" bonded path(but you'll miss some good stuff).

Besides, there is a new encounter with Ricar and new conversations for the friendship path and the non-bonded path.

Officially, version 10 introduces:

- Xan's happy ending for the bonded path(SoA and ToB content, Readme, flirts,
player-initiated dialogue, voicing, two new epilogues - and limericks!)
- Additional talks for the friendship and the non-bonded romance paths
- Additional encounter with Ricar in ToB, Chapter 9
- Reactions to the Longer Road mod(player-initiated dialogue)
- Russian translation for the new content
- Corrected the mod's .cre files(Thanks, Miloch!)
- Updated to WeiDU 231
- Minor corrections

It's well over 250kb of pure text(or .tra - yep, pity the translators!) and it is available in Russian already. Polish and French players, please, be aware: you won't get any trouble with the non-bonded or the friendship path, except that some (new) dialogues will be available in English. Just choose any replies or ignore them entirely, if present in player-initiated menu - these conversations won't screw your romance/friendship variables in any way. If you want Xan to live in the bonded path, however, it is English only, and yep, you have to read the lines.

Download version 10 here!
View the Readme

Happy International Women's Day, everyone!

MissBehave

Oh Imma so happy!  ;D Thank you!!! Xan thanks you too. heh

Offline Muse

• Planewalker
Thank you ever so much for this! Discovering this update really made my day. ;D

I'm suddenly finding, however, that I'm unable to install Xan's BG1 voice. I just get a bunch of errors and the component refuses to install. Now, this might be one of my other mods causing troubles, but I think that it worked on my last install, and I'm pretty sure that this is the only mod I've updated since last time.  ???
"One has lots of time for reflection while waiting for the ENDLESS WAVES OF BAD DOGGIE WEREWOLF MONSTERS THAT CHEW YOUR TOES WHILE YOU SLEEP!!"
- Dradeel

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Glad you liked it. :) Thank you for the report - I'll look into it and update Xan's BG1 voice mod(s) when I'm back from work.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
All right, check it out - I believe Xan's BG1 soundset for BG2 should be working fine now.

Offline Muse

• Planewalker
Thank you! <3
You are so many kinds of awesome! ;D
"One has lots of time for reflection while waiting for the ENDLESS WAVES OF BAD DOGGIE WEREWOLF MONSTERS THAT CHEW YOUR TOES WHILE YOU SLEEP!!"
- Dradeel

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
(proudly) I am! And together with Tiax, we are going to RULE ALL!

Have fun playing!

Offline corialote

• Planewalker
I've just logged in to say THANK YOU for this absolutely amazing mod and for adding even more content to it. I can't wait to play the happy bonded path! :) And I hope to see even more content in the future because, as everyone knows, you can't get enough of Xan ;)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Welcome to PPG! And thank you! I do hope you enjoy your game.

Offline magrat

• Quiet
  • Planewalker
    • FF
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaaaaaaah, must reinstall!
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."
  - Oscar Wilde

Discovery,
Reclaiming,
Hopelessly Ever After

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
A-ha, you still remember your password! :) Great to see you again.

Offline onerous

• Planewalker
Why the change of heart about Xan's bonded path? Granted, I've been too chicken to play through it since I inadvertently spoiled the ending reading in the forums. The tragic ending played out like those Tolkien elven tales. I'm somewhat glad that he gets a happy ending with the bonded path, though his demise seems to fit his character and family history as a whole. But whatever ending for Xan he will always be my favorite NPC!

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
I like the tragic ending, too, but I guess it comes as no surprise that a part of me wanted a happy ending, and it finally happened because it felt right to me at the time. I've been asked about it a year ago and I thought "Wait, actually, yes, it could work". So... here we are. :) If you choose to play through the bonded path, I hope you enjoy him.

Tiziana

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHH NOW I NEED TO REINSTALL YES YES YES PERHAPS I HAVE MY OLD SAVEFILE! *does happy dance*

Does it work with BG2:EE?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
It should, yes. :) Hope you're going to have fun! Try Back to Brynnlaw with it, too, if you like.

Tiziana

It should, yes. :) Hope you're going to have fun! Try Back to Brynnlaw with it, too, if you like.

I plan to! But I would like to know... how can I be sure not to end up in the tragic ending? >.<

I also plan to do assassination. With Keldorn. Because damn it <.<'

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
If you do Assassinations with Keldorn, he will either leave or attack you at certain choices, so be warned and save often.

As for the tragic ending, it's easy - just follow Xan's suggestions, and you won't miss anything(there's an extra dialogue in chapter 6 that would practically tell you if you're on the happy path or not, and if not, it'll guide you to the happy path if you want). Sorry for the late reply.

Offline Ashesa

• Planewalker
Good day!

Kulyok, thank you very much for such a well-designed character! always take it to your team :)
Unfortunately, BGEE 2 with installation Xan experiencing difficulties. I set the Russian translation (during installation select the item number 4), but there is an error.

(screenshot of the error:    http://s014.radikal.ru/i327/1410/2c/0cd94454d95c.jpg)

All other translation set without problems :(
Tell me what to do - do not want to run the game without my favorite elf :(

PS. I apologize for my English ^^
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 04:03:00 AM by Ashesa »

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Hi, welcome to PPG!

Yeah, that's strange. Not how it should work, that's for sure. (scratches head). Yours is the first report since the update, I admit.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Here's what I'll do:
- I'll test it myself on my install.
- I'll also try to repack the mod the way I packed UB v25(it's ready, just not up on the forums yet) - it might help; but, again, I'll test it.

(I do know that Russian translation for the entire game(BG2EE, that is) isn't available yet, as of 9 October 2014, it's supposed to be in the next patch only, if I'm correct).

Until I repack, I guess you have three options: 1) run the mod in English; 2) run a non-EE version with Xan in Russian; 3) ask the guys at arcanecoast.ru if there's anything wrong with RussianEE/Setup-Xan.tra (I just don't see anything wrong in the editor), since they have more experience with utf-8.

Again, sorry for this issue. Will take a look as soon as I can.

And a question for you:

1) which version of the game you're using(BG2EE, that is) , which patch?
2) have you tried installing any other mods in Russian(Russian translation for EE), and have you succeeded?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Okay, I've tested this, and I'm going to do a good(ub-like) repack for Xan in a few days(as soon as UB v25 comes out and people do not mass-report it broken, that is). Sorry again for the inconvenience! My fault entirely; I hope Russian version at least works on non-EE.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: