Author Topic: How to make Private Messages private on IPB?  (Read 6779 times)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
How to make Private Messages private on IPB?
« on: February 28, 2013, 07:20:38 AM »
I don't know what happened to Invision Power Board software, but after the latest update both on SHS and G3 my private messages ceased to be private - I can see the red DELETED tag on some of my conversations, which means that the person I talked with  deleted the conversation. Which is, strictly speaking, private information that I'm not supposed to know - that I do not want to know.

And, yes, they shouldn't know if _I_ delete a private message conversation with them, although now that this DELETED tag is visible, I'll probably never delete a conversation again. Each time I see a deleted conversation, I have a feeling this person doesn't like me. Which is probably correct in *my* case, obviously, but still. It makes me feel reluctant to read/answer my G3/SHS messages. Nobody should feel rejection each time they visit their PM box, right?

So, the question is: is there any way to get rid of this DELETED tag in my messages? To hide it? I googled all sorts of Invision Power Board info, but all I'm getting is some help forum discussions for some poor soul who accidentally deleted his messages.

Offline Kaeloree

• Planewalker
Re: How to make Private Messages private on IPB?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 04:20:04 PM »
I'm not sure how that could be construed as private information--it's actually important functionally, because due to the way the new Conversations system works, you can't continue a conversation after the other person involved has deleted the thread from their inbox.

Generally people delete PMs due to space issues, not personal prejudice. :)

Offline Daulmakan

• Comfortably numb
  • Planewalker
Re: How to make Private Messages private on IPB?
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 04:29:46 PM »
Dunno exactly about SHS because they changed the personal messenger several times IIRC, but G3 seems to have done away with the "My Sent messages" subfolder and just dumped them in the inbox. Coincidentally, all the PMs in my inbox that have the deleted tag are all the PMs that other people sent to me, and the ones I sent out don't have the deleted tag. Maybe that's it. Or maybe I'm just as rejected as you. :P