Author Topic: Shield bashing in BG and BG2?  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Kyrien

• Planewalker
Shield bashing in BG and BG2?
« on: January 25, 2013, 08:00:20 AM »
Years ago when I first fell in love with this game, before I knew of modding or NPC packs, my very first PC was a dwarf sword and board fighter, and I tried to figure out a way to use his shield as an offhand weapon, basically dual-wielding. Always thought it sad that the game doesn't support shield bashing.

And now I'm revisiting that concept, using Near Infinity and other mod programs to jury-rig something that would work. I figured I could just use IEIM to create a new class of item that functions as a sword but appears on the doll and in the game as a shield. Weirdly that hasn't worked out - equipping the modded item crashes the game, every time, unless I make the item appear as a sword, which defeats the purpose for me.

So, has anyone made this attempt and had better results?

PS: I do realize it's a little cheesy and mucks with the game's intended balance. But hey, we've been doing that for years, so I figure, why not? I can always partially compensate by making sure the offensive function of the shield is inferior to actual weapons.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: