Author Topic: Spam Attack!  (Read 3987 times)

Offline Ishad Nha

• Planewalker
Spam Attack!
« on: August 27, 2011, 12:57:36 AM »
"zhangyu45" or a spambot on his computer, has spammed the boards with a variety of spam, one where there is computer generated text hiding the sales pitches. I have sent a PM to Kulyok about this, only a moderator can remove it.
I wonder what the point is, it will be very bad publicity for the business behind it! I have shown a sample below:
"Suddenly, the pair had their hands were cold flushed from his tight grip, friction between the cover in the palm of the hand nfl jerseys shop, want to transfer the warmth of his hand to me cheap nba jerseys, but still cold. I was surprised to find that he will put his mouth with both hands, gently heating Oh out, warm feeling spread to the palm of the hand has been frozen numb. I stared at him speechless move, suddenly transformed into the hearts of bitter sweet, eyes suddenly moist, water buy mlb jerseys, gas cast his eyes. Rises spontaneously returning to the heart, heart pounding thumping powerful jump. Four years later, this is the first time felt his love for me, the  original, he was like four years ago, is so concerned about me."

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
Re: Spam Attack!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 02:52:42 AM »
Most of the signups these days are spambots and every once in a while one of them gets through. Rather than PM'ing one of us just press 'Report to moderator' right next to the IP address of the post.

Offline Jarno Mikkola

• The Imp.
  • Planewalker
    • website jocuri
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 03:57:37 PM »
Most of the signups these days are spambots and every once in a while one of them gets through. Rather than PM'ing one of us just press 'Report to moderator' right next to the IP address of the post.
IP address, sorry mister Global Moderator, but we members don't actually see the IP's of other members. Don't know about the PM spam, but the most effective course on the ad spam post on the forum is of course push the Notify button...

Hmm, what if it might be an evil site admins idea of "good fun" to see who they hear from first... see, the site admins get bored too! ;D

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 04:16:38 PM »
I am sure Mr. Compton occasionally approves a spambot just to keep us entertained.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 12:13:13 AM »
Me, I'm the lucky one: spammers usually attack at night, Moscow time, so when I wake up, all the spam is mysteriously(or perhaps not so mysteriously :) ) gone.

Offline Ishad Nha

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 09:21:58 PM »
"designer handbags POLL Where do you shop - Purses, Designer Handbags and Revie"
This seems to be more spam, better disguised as a forum poll, but still spam?!

"Me, I'm the lucky one: spammers usually attack at night, Moscow time, so when I wake up, all the spam is mysteriously(or perhaps not so mysteriously  ) gone"
The spam is technically interesting, today's was more intelligently designed than the "zhangyu45" spam. It was posing as a poll, but there was no actual poll in the thing anywhere.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 09:30:56 PM by Ishad Nha »

Offline ViniJones

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 07:27:54 PM »
Speaking of spam, heres my 5th post.

Offline Azazello

• The Anti-Spammer
  • Planewalker
    • Azazello’s Music Profile at Last.fm
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 05:03:07 AM »
Speaking of spam, heres my 5th post.

lol  :D , what dafuq!
Community Contributions
Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls
========================================
"Deception has many faces. Truth...has only one."

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 05:56:54 AM »
It's our fault - to prevent spam PM's, we have a "you can PM people only if you have five posts" thingy. Hey, it's still better than spam everywhere! Or e-mail spam notifications about spam. Or spam phone calls.

Offline Cahir

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2014, 03:12:35 PM »
I noticed unusually hard spam attack recently. I fear they are crawling their undead asses from deep beneath :P

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 12:41:17 AM »
Dear spammers,

I SEE YOU ALL.

Sincerely,
Darth Kulyok

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2014, 12:03:06 AM »
(Which is to say, we're aware of spammers, we're deleting their stuff regularly, and we're hoping to resolve this situation in the near future).