Author Topic: Weird bug with Kelsey renamed and shenanigans  (Read 8939 times)

Albane

Weird bug with Kelsey renamed and shenanigans
« on: November 04, 2012, 11:32:15 AM »
Good evening everyone,

I have installed (and romanced) Kelsey for a whole game of BG2, but now that I'm reaching the end of the game, a very strange bug has occurred... After getting the Lanthorn and whatnot, vampire stuff and love and blah blah, I get back to Elhan's camp in the Something Forest. And ... Well ... Kelsey has been renamed "How about I kill you, instead ?" (that's now his name), won't talk to me, sometimes speaks about prophecies, has Jaheira's voice, and I once managed to talk to him-her-whatever he's become, and got fifteen different answers that seem to belong to Jaheira/Aerie's romance.

I tried pressing K a few times and reloading, but it seems that Kelsey's destiny is now to be named "How about I kill you instead" even in the past.

Additional information : I've just installed ToB and Kelsey-ToB (as I was drawing towards the end of the game), no other mods ... Hm, but my game is in French. (Kelsey isn't, but he was perfect as the foreigner everyone seems to understand fine  ;D) [So his new name is in French as well.]

Please help me morph back this abomination !  :P
Thanks in advance for your time ! :)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Weird bug with Kelsey renamed and shenanigans
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 08:05:19 AM »
Okay, try this:

Select Kelsey in the party. Put the cursor on him. Press K. Tell us again if it doesn't work.

Albane

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 09:27:43 AM »
As I said, I have, quite a few times now :-[ And it does ... do something, as in the side panels disappears, the computer thinks and stuff ... But when it comes back he's still named "How about I kill you instead", and still telling me of propheties I do not understand  ;D

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 12:58:40 AM »
Let's see what else it can be:
It may be your keyboard(for example, mine gets stuck in Russian mode, and reads Russian L key instead of K key). It may be that you did the Wrong Thing From The Readme: installed Kelsey-SoA, played SoA, got into ToB, and THEN instaled Kelsey-ToB(in which case your only solution is reloading your SoA save).

Albane

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 11:30:37 AM »
From what I can gather, it doesn't seem to be the keyboard... Every other shortcut works fine.

However, it could be the Wrong Thing, to some extent, I guess. Here's the order I did things in : installed SoA, installed Kelsey, played SoA, installed ToB, installed Kelsey ToB. However I haven't started a ToB game yet, everything I'm talking about is happening at the end of SoA. So could it be that I should have installed Kelsey ToB before the actual ToB ? Maybe my version of ToB just sucks and messed up Kelsey-SoA...

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: