Author Topic: Slight confusion  (Read 1886 times)

Balagan

Slight confusion
« on: July 29, 2012, 03:41:57 PM »
Firstly, I'd like to say I'm in awe of the work you have all done for this project. you have my heartfelt thanks for keeping this game alive.

However, and I admit the confusion is likely because I've not not read something correctly, but is there any way to launch BG II through tutu or must I play through BG I for it to transfer me in to II?  All the BGII mods ive installed have been placed in to the easytutu folder as I thought this was an amalgam of both games. Is this incorrect?

I ask because I deleted the BG I and BG II vanilla installs once easytutu had finished and wish t start one character from scratch and import another one I completed a while ago in to BG II

Thank you for your answers
~B

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Slight confusion
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 12:29:15 AM »
EasyTutu creates a separate installation for you to enjoy, but only for the BG1 part of the game. For BG2, you have to create a separate installation and import your character(or your saved game) from EasyTutu. All BG1 mods(like BG1 NPC or BG1 UB) for Tutu go to EasyTutu folder, all BG2 mods(like Quest Pack and Banter Pack) go to BG2 folder. If you want to install a mod that works for both games(Level 1 NPCs or BG2 Tweaks), you have to install it into both folders.

This way you'll have to have two separate installations for two different games, but there is a bright side: since the games are separate, there are fewer mods installed in total and the risk of crashing/lags/slowing your game is minimized.