Author Topic: Game Not Loading  (Read 2345 times)

JR

Game Not Loading
« on: March 21, 2012, 11:28:51 AM »
I've been recently trying to play BGTutu again (after a year or so of not playing). I had to reinstall BG1 and BGTutu recently. My problem is it asks for BG Disk 2, and I have them as an image file instead (My disks are somewhere else), so I use image files instead. Anyway, I try to mount the image file, yet the game still asks for the disk, even if I'm mounting the image file.

It's asking for BG Disk 2, but is that BG2's Disk 2, or BG1's disk 2? I'm assuming it's BG1's Disk 2, but it's not letting me in the game. It's asking for the disk in my I drive (DVD drive), but my image file is on the K drive. Am I doing something wrong?

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
    • Infinity Engine Modding
Re: Game Not Loading
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 01:25:14 PM »
Tutu while it plays the BG1 content is actually a modified BG2 game. so if it is asking for disk 2 you need to give it disk 2 from BG2.

It should recognize the proper disk despite which drive it is on.  I installed my games via DVD and then made images of them later.  They all recognize the mounted image just fine even tho they are using a different drive letter. 

now it might be an issue if you didn't do a full install, in which case the baldur.ini may be pointing to your physical drive for data.  But for a proper install of Tutu you had to do a full installation of both games, so that shouldn't be an issue.
My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
-------------------------------------------
My website: http://sasha-altherin.webs.com

JR

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 01:31:40 PM »
Oh, it's asking for BG2 disks? Alright. I'll have to look for those at some point then. I don't remember where I put them last, so I'll have to look everywhere. I was wondering why it wasn't working. lol. I lost my BG2 image files at one point (probably why I stopped playing TuTu), so I'll have to create more image files when I find my BG2 disks.

Thanks for letting me know.

Offline Richardf269

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 07:41:17 PM »
Just to give you an update on whats going on. I found my disks and it works. Thanks for letting me know about it!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: