Author Topic: Question About the Ending (Spoiler)  (Read 3473 times)

Tatyan

Question About the Ending (Spoiler)
« on: January 21, 2012, 03:05:55 PM »
Hello!^^

First of all, I would like to tell you that I have enjoied Xan IMMENSLY. I love FR elves, and I am an huge fan of them, so to find such a true elven character, perfectly rendered, even with some rather peculiar trait, was a true delight. Thank you.
Really.

Now, the question. I am one of the part of the "FR Fandom" who absolutely abhor what have been done to FR in the 4th edition. I admit I am rather sanguine about it >.< well... some get riled up by sports, I get riled up by this <.<
I just went to the gypsy, and she told Xan that he "would be dead before the harp is unstrung and magic turn awry" (or something like that) and my blood turned cold é.è I almost cryed when in the Gavin ending there was the whole 4th edition business, almost ruined the whole mod for me é.è Eh I have already admitted I feel strongly about the issue :(

So, the question is: Xan ending is "4th edition alligned"? :S
In the case, might you send me the first line of it or so, so that I can change it? é.è (rewiewing all the TRA files is long, long work <.<)
I know I am asking much and I am sorry ç__ç I truly am. I don't know what to say, save that I LOVE Xan and I would love dearly to enjoy him in the fullest... é.è

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Question About the Ending (Spoiler)
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 03:07:38 AM »
Well, have you played the mod until its very end? If you haven't, I will not spoil you, but if the gypsy said exactly that(which means you're playing his bonded path, i.e. the game assumes you romanced each other in BG1), then you may have to prepare for a terrible blow later in the game - although well before the ToB epilogue.

As for other paths(friendly path, friendly path-turned-romance-in-ToB-epilogue, non-bonded romance path with a new romance starting in BG2), to my knowledge, even the 123456789th edition would be powerless here: :) Xan remains alive and survives the Spellplague - with <CHARNAME>, if they are together. It's difficult with Evereska destroyed and all, but they carry on.

Tatyan

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 08:11:16 AM »
I don't worry about blows on the character^^ It is a part of the game for me, but I would like to be able to change the part about the Spellplague and everything related to the 4th edition to something not-4th edition related ^^ What can I say... I have loved FR for many, many years, and I feel it had been destroyed by that. I would love not to have to go trough all the TRA files to find the epilogues to change them... é.è If I could have the first words of the epilogues I could find them much faster (or else stop playing the mod, which I would deeply hate, I do love Xan very much! :( )

As I have said before... so very, very sorry for the inconvenience. I hope I am not annoying you too much é.è But then again... we all have something that deeply rile us up for no logical reason I fear é.è

Tatyan

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 08:13:36 AM »
[EDIT] (Can't do it in any other way >.< sorry)

I would like to change that before reaching the Epilogue itself^^ I know, I am weird <.< I am the kind of person who read thriller backwards: first the name of the murder, then everythin else :P

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 12:01:33 PM »
Epilogues have no mention of 4th edition whatsoever, to my knowledge - though some do contain the siege of Evereska, which happened long before 4th edition. Spellplague is not mentioned. If you want to read them, it's setup.tra, lines 52 53 54 75. You will spoil yourself in a major way, however.

Tatyan

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 12:27:34 PM »
I ufficially love you^^

No no, if there is no 4th edition content, I'll wait till I have earned them all!

I also wanted to praise you because you had the bravery to write such a romance as the bonded path^^ Yes, it is hearthbreaking. But it is also beautiful in its own way. And, after all, the PC knows of it u.u

I'll make a more complete rewiew after I have played through alll of it!^___^

(BTW: I also think that Xan leaving the pc after the whole slayer-thing is VERY logical. I have never understood how the other NPC can see their fiance/lover/etc that turns into a monster and try to slay them without some major freaking out... or an elven bond :P)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: