Author Topic: Offering new component for UB  (Read 43644 times)

jastey_guest

Re: Offering new component for UB
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2012, 06:51:38 AM »
plainab: I understood from your posts that rep loss via script doesn't work in BG1, that's why I posted the idea about the script-based handling.
If that works as intended, then indeed there is no need to turn the whole code over.

Salk: I am aware of your suggestion to move the +1 rep from Prism to Oublek, but I am not sure it would really fit. Upon returning the emeralds, the PC is just another bounty hunter, returning a stolen good to a city authority. I don't really see a rep increase justified here. It is not a troubled individual or a city in need the PC helps heroically, if you know what I mean. But of course, this is open to discussion. But my thoughts are the reason I didn't propose a rework of the rep gain for the Prism encounter.

What would you say to a reply option added to Oublek to tell him about the emeralds in the sculpture (possibly leading to a rep loss of 1, too, since it will lead to the statue being damaged), and also the offer to pay the emeralds so they can stay in the eyes (no rep loss, 200 gold loss, and a warm glowing feeling as reward). This would be a nice, official ending to the Prism encounter for the path "let him finish", imho.

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
    • Infinity Engine Modding
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2012, 08:07:03 AM »
What would you say to a reply option added to Oublek to tell him about the emeralds in the sculpture (possibly leading to a rep loss of 1, too, since it will lead to the statue being damaged), and also the offer to pay the emeralds so they can stay in the eyes (no rep loss, 200 gold loss, and a warm glowing feeling as reward). This would be a nice, official ending to the Prism encounter for the path "let him finish", imho.
the added state to tell Oublek where the emeralds are at is acceptable to me.  I think a small reward 50 - 100 gold for giving the information should be acceptable, rep loss at that point no because the player isn't going to be the one defacing the statue.  If the player wants to pay to keep the gems in place, i don't see why they should not be allowed to do so.

you may want to consider fleshing out Oublek and what happens when the player should steal the gems from Prism.  As it is now, Prism will plead to have them back if the player has them, but if the player got rid of them he is only told of the fact and nothing happens.  I'm thinking that the player could tell Oublek that Prism is still out at the statue south of the Nashkel mines entrance if Oublek wants to send the guard after him (if this is the case then, Prism can be removed by script on area reload).  Else when spoken to and the player either refuses to return the stolen gem(s) or no longer has the stolen gem(s), he should bemoan that he'll never finish the statue and commit suicide then and there.
What you think?

side note:  i also disagree with Oublek giving rep gain. it doesn't make any sense at that point.
My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
My website: http://sasha-altherin.webs.com

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2012, 08:30:36 AM »
I have a different opinion about the reputation gain from returning the emeralds being unreasonable (a bounty hunter gains fame pretty quickly, I'd say) but it's okay to leave it like that.

About the other dialogue possibilities, I personally wouldn't add any. Paying for the Emeralds do not seem a solution because those gems may have a special background and meaning for the person from whom they were stolen (we don't know anything about it): that's why we want to avoid the possibility where the PC might deliver any kind of emeralds to Oublek and complete the quest.

I don't like the "tell Oublek where the emeralds are" either. We were hired to produce a result (delivery of the emeralds), not to spy on Prism.

In short: it seems to me we are making things more and more complicated and convoluted. It's a tweak, true (it was actually me that suggested this tweak to Ascension64 some years ago, as he could easily confirm) but extra changes should be introduced only when there is really a need/purpose.

jastey_guest

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2012, 08:43:27 AM »
Salk: I tend to make quests paths and possibilities very complicted and it's good if someone stops me in time.

Still, after reading plainab's ideas for the stolen emeralds: What happens to Greywolf, actually, if the PC kills Prism (or, for the UB component, steals the gems)? Does he even appear? Wouldn't / shouldn't he meet the PC to complain about the PC taking away his reward? Shouldn't be Oublek rather scared about Greywolf's anger, if the PC gets the emeralds from Prism without facing Greywolf, since he hired him for this and seems to fear him quite a lot?

Salk: Adding the reply options wouldn't necessarily mean new quest endings. Maybe Oublek would reply "I don't have time to fetch these things myself, or I wouldn't be standing here. Now you scared away Greywolf I hired for this, you bring the gems to you get the reward." - especially after Greywolf is dead.

It's just that currently, leaving the gems in the eyes makes this quest an "unsolved" one. Leaving the statue untouched is a new "ending" introduced by the component, because in the original game, the gems could just be collected from prism's corpse. Therefore, I think the mod should introduce a proper ending for this path, as well. What I suggested is such an official ending. I am not saying the outcome has to be what I wrote, though, if we want to leave things simple, but it could all melt down to "PC has to bring emeralds to Oublek or forget about it".

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2012, 11:13:46 AM »
Oublek may only be concerned about the emeralds and if thats the case then no matter what combination of possibilities we can contrive about the status of Prism & Greywolf, Oublek will just tell the PC "get the emeralds or get lost"

I think the original intent was...

1) do nothing 
2) talk to Prism & decide to do nothing
3) talk to Prism & kill him taking the gems
4) talk to Prism, agree to let him finish, decide to let Greywolf take the gems
5) talk to Prism, agree to let him finish, decide to defend against Greywolf, get gems from Prism's corpse

paths 1, 2 & 4 give nothing to player for their part
path 3 only gives the player the reward from Oublek
path 5 is the most lucrative, player not only gets Oublek's reward, but 1400 exp for killing Greywolf, 1000 exp and rep gain for letting Prism finish the statue

the mod idea does 2 things
1) allows gems to be stolen from Prism's person (the original could have been stolen too) and recognized by him that they were gone.
2) allows the gems to be placed into the eyes of the statue rather than dropping to the ground at Prism's death

the states where he notices they are stolen, give the player a chance to relent and let him finish the statue else they take them for reward or cash. Prism turns hostile as of right now, but he could easily be made to bemoan the loss and commit suicide. tho attacking a well armed party is basically the same as suicide.

Once the gems are placed into the eyes tho, the player now has another choice. instead of just picking up the gems and turning them in or cashing them in, the player can choose to leave them behind. 

All that said, Jastey has a point that something COULD be said to Oublek about where the gems are at.
Oublek could decide to tell the PC that they must bring the gems or forget about it.
Oublek could also accept any money the PC gives to keep the gems there BUT nothing is stopping him from telling the original owners where their gems are located.

Those options were not written in by me as I never thought about them, but they are valid and it does give some ways out for those who want to role play with a bit more depth to the side quest.

I will say that it is easier to not mess with any of it.  After all the tweak is about having the gems in the statue's eyes, the options about Prism recognizing the pick pocket is an extra that just made sense since before he'd do nothing and still follow his dialog and act like nothing ever happened.

I'm trying to be middle ground here LOL  cause I can see validity in wanting to examine what happens with the characters under different circumstances, but also simplicity is best especially where BG is concerned (there is less that can be coded compared to BG2).  that said, I don't see Greywolf as a character who would begrudge another bounty hunter for beating him to the reward.  He'd take 'em on if they stood in the way of his goal, but if they already got the reward... I think he'd move on and we wouldn't hear from him again.
My working mods:

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2012, 01:49:39 PM »
How about we take the component as it is now, and decide about adding more content later.  :P

Closing the open ends is what interest me most, thus:
For the players wanting to leave the emeralds in the statue, maybe the journal entry after prism is finished could be a "solved journal" one. For BG1, it is all the same anyway. And for BGT/Tutu, I think entries from the solved journal section can be removed, too. Thus, the "solved" entry would be removed once the player takes out the gems, and the new ones according to above will be put into the unsolved section of the journal. Once the gems are brought to Oublek, the case will be closed again.

For the players stealing the gems and not returning them to Prism, Prism could initiate a comment and make suicide (or die of a heart attack) next time the player sees him.

Not saying that I wouldn't love to have all the reply options and possibilities mentioned, but the component is fine the way it is (and will be perfect with all endings closed).

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2012, 01:57:55 PM »
sounds like a good idea

depending upon player feedback more could be added later.

I look forward to seeing the component with your dialog adjustments.  dialog is not my strong point :P
My working mods:

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2012, 02:11:50 PM »
Dialogue is all I can! :) But I don't think there is much need for dialogue adjustments. The line for Prism is already there. Do we add a kill(myself) to state 8, or make it a new state? Or we let Prism live, and he stands in front of the statue, mourning (e.g. make state 8 the "true()" trigger after the quest is finished if talked to). I think I like this best, actually.

The journal entries are already there, just have to adjust the solved / unsolved category.

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2012, 03:50:07 PM »
well you might want to make the wording sound better, that is what i meant by dialog... :P

state 8 was pre-existing and is only used if after all is said and done and Prism is still alive...  not even sure how that is possible in the original..

I guess i used it as a transition out when the gems were pick pocketed and the player refused to return them...   But yeah if it can be used for whenever Prism is alive and the gems have already been dealt with, it would make sense.

side note:  state 0 of greywo.dlg is of interest, never seen that one at all in game.  not sure when or if it is used.  BUT you were wondering whether Greywolf should make an appearance in some of the scenarios.  looks like a possibility for something if it isn't already being used...
My working mods:

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2012, 07:02:15 PM »
Seems to be unfinished business alright. Maybe the component could include an angry Greywolf's return, after all. :)

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2012, 10:47:26 PM »
I agree.

We'd better keep things the way they are and elaborate further in the future. I believe in fact that the new version should be soon ready and there is no reason to delay it further.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2012, 06:05:18 AM »
Unnecessary delay is never good. :)

This is the unused state from greywo.dlg. What do you think, is it because of the 200 gold the PC received after telling the wrong name toOublek, or would this happen after the PC got the bounty for the emeralds?

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 0 // from:
  SAY #667 /* ~I don't take kindly to those who snag another man's wage.  I've a whack of my own to split between ye!  200 gold has bought ye a box of the finest pine!  It's my trade to deal with the likes of you, but this I do for free!~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

(...)

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 8 // from:
  SAY #9028 /* ~I'll take your head for what you've done!~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2012, 06:45:38 AM »
Something else in the original quest that I think is bad. If the player first denies to be Greywolf, but then choses the reply option:
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #4728 /* ~Your safety is no concern of mine.  I don't fancy trying to get between a bounty hunter and his bounty.~ */ GOTO 5

Prism just gives a reply:
IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 5 // from: 1.1
  SAY #679 /* ~Then begone, for I've much work to do.  She will be done this day!  ~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

and the quest remains broken: He cannot be talked to again. The only "solution" now is to kill him and take the emeralds. That is a bit inconveniet, I think.

It also collides with how the mod deals with the container handling in BG1 (Prism initiates dialogue to prevent [PC] to open containers.

Should this state lead to Greywolfs appearing instead? Then all first dialogues with Prism would "end" the quest, mostly by his death.

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2012, 06:48:48 AM »
Unnecessary delay is never good. :)

This is the unused state from greywo.dlg. What do you think, is it because of the 200 gold the PC received after telling the wrong name toOublek, or would this happen after the PC got the bounty for the emeralds?

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 0 // from:
  SAY #667 /* ~I don't take kindly to those who snag another man's wage.  I've a whack of my own to split between ye!  200 gold has bought ye a box of the finest pine!  It's my trade to deal with the likes of you, but this I do for free!~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

(...)

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 8 // from:
  SAY #9028 /* ~I'll take your head for what you've done!~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

it's in regards to the gold the PC got from Oublek so technically nothing to do with Prism specifically. tho there are some other transitions and such in Greywolf's dialog in the Prism encounter where he does recognize that the PC was the one who took the gold that was meant for him.
My working mods:

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2012, 06:58:18 AM »
Should this state lead to Greywolfs appearing instead? Then all first dialogues with Prism would "end" the quest, mostly by his death.
I never turned him down so i never noticed it LOL

Its cause of the NumTimesTalkedTo in the first state most likely.

but if you turn him down once you shouldn't get the chance to do it again.  so either Greywolf enters, or Prism is left to finish the statue in his own sweet time.  which i think the latter was the intent.  you back out of the quest at that point and it's screw you  :P

tho the player could still come back and pick Prism's pocket for the gems...

Just need to make sure that Prism spouts a line about leaving him alone to work on the statue etc... if he's been "turned down"
My working mods:

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2012, 07:09:52 AM »
I think I will introduce a loop for this. If the path I posted is chosen, Prism will say something like "I've much work to do. But mayhaps you would help a foolish sculptor finish this epiphany now?  Please, guard this place, for surely Greywolf will come.  I will pay with my last possessions!" when talked to again. There all the reply options from the state 1 will be present, either leading to PC protecting Prism against Greywolf, killing Prism himself or, again, doing nothing. This dialogue will show (BG1: Prism will trigger himself if [PC] approaches) until other path is chosen.

In case of stealing an emerald in the meantime: I removed the "NumTimesTalkedTo(0)" trigger from the custom dialogue states. This way, Prism will react to the stolen emeralds no matter how often he was talked to before.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2012, 07:15:35 AM »
The loop sounds good to me...

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2012, 07:17:22 AM »
The loop sounds good to me...
seconded  o.ob
My working mods:

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2012, 07:22:38 AM »
I added as last state to prism.dlg:
Code: [Select]
IF ~HasItem("abgfEyeL",Myself)
HasItem("abgfEyeR",Myself)~ THEN stillworking
SAY ~I've much work to do. But mayhaps you would help a foolish sculptor finish this epiphany now?  Please, guard this place, for surely Greywolf will come.  I will pay with my last possessions!~
COPY_TRANS %tutu_var%prism 1
END

I also added a trigger variabe to PRISM 8 (after the gems are lost) which will play then every time Prism will be talked to (not 100% sure about the code, but I will test the install soon)

ADD_STATE_TRIGGER %tutu_var%prism 8 ~Global("ab_GemStoleResolve","GLOBAL",1)~

And this I think should be added to the BG1 install: in case Prism dies or cannot finish his masterpiece, the containers should be emptied:
ADD_TRANS_ACTION prism BEGIN 3 END BEGIN 0 END ~Unlock("A6StatueRightEye") Unlock("A6StatueLeftEye") ActionOverride("A6StatueRightEye",DestroyItem("abgfEyeR")) ActionOverride("A6StatueLeftEye",DestroyItem("abgfEyeL"))~

ADD_TRANS_ACTION prism BEGIN 8 END BEGIN 0 END ~Unlock("A6StatueRightEye") Unlock("A6StatueLeftEye") ActionOverride("A6StatueRightEye",DestroyItem("abgfEyeR")) ActionOverride("A6StatueLeftEye",DestroyItem("abgfEyeL"))~

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2012, 07:29:38 AM »
you can shorten that last part.  if the code is identical and the transition #s the same then you can do a state list
making it
ADD_TRANS_ACTION prism BEGIN 3 8 END BEGIN 0 END ~Unlock("A6StatueRightEye") Unlock("A6StatueLeftEye") ActionOverride("A6StatueRightEye",DestroyItem("abgfEyeR")) ActionOverride("A6StatueLeftEye",DestroyItem("abgfEyeL"))~

EDIT:  you test your changes and if they work, post the adjustments to the BG version and i'll test it out...
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 07:31:52 AM by plainab »
My working mods:

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2012, 08:28:57 AM »
BG1:
I have a weird behaviour. If I make a quick save before talking to Prism the first time, and then load the save, Prism doesn't have the custom emeralds. I know he had them for the game I saved, because I played the quest. When I load that save, he gives his "You! You took my emerlads" speech. This is really weird.

The "Prism initiates dialogue to prevent the player to open container" doesn't work 100% for me. Sometimes, the party thief remains in a greater distance ("hangs") but the container still opens. I tried adding a "Clicked([ANYONE])" ot the container script but either I did it wrong or it doesn't work:
IF Clicked([Anyone])
  Range([PC],15)
!Global("abgf_GemInEye","GLOBAL",1)
!Global("abgf_GemInEye","GLOBAL",2)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
ActionOverride("prism",Dialogue([PC]))
END

I have the following:

oublek.d
//OublekBounty1 is for brage
//OublekBounty2 is for prism
//the oublekbounty globals will prevent any exploits by dropping a second item and trying to get the full reward again
ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER ~%tutu_var%oublek~ 9 ~Global("OublekBounty1","GLOBAL",0)~ DO 0 UNLESS ~Global("OublekBounty1","GLOBAL",0)~
ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER ~%tutu_var%oublek~ 9 ~Global("OublekBounty2","GLOBAL",0)~ DO 1 UNLESS ~Global("OublekBounty2","GLOBAL",0)~

ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER ~%tutu_var%oublek~ 9 ~Global("OublekBounty1","GLOBAL",0) Global("OublekBounty2","GLOBAL",0)~ DO 4 UNLESS ~Global("OublekBounty2","GLOBAL",0)~
ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER ~%tutu_var%oublek~ 10 ~Global("OublekBounty1","GLOBAL",0)~ DO 1 5 UNLESS ~Global("OublekBounty1","GLOBAL",0)~
ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER ~%tutu_var%oublek~ 10 ~Global("OublekBounty2","GLOBAL",0)~ DO 9 5 UNLESS ~Global("OublekBounty2","GLOBAL",0)~

//changing from one item to two ensures that players can not take advantage of dropping one item and trying to get the full reward twice
REPLACE_TRANS_TRIGGER %tutu_var%oublek BEGIN 9 END BEGIN 1 END ~PartyHasItem("%tutu_var%MISC43")~ ~PartyHasItem("abgfEyeL")
PartyHasItem("abgfEyeR")~
REPLACE_TRANS_TRIGGER %tutu_var%oublek BEGIN 9 END BEGIN 4 END ~!PartyHasItem("%tutu_var%MISC43")~ ~!PartyHasItem("abgfEyeL")
!PartyHasItem("abgfEyeR")~
REPLACE_TRANS_TRIGGER %tutu_var%oublek BEGIN 10 END BEGIN 9 END ~PartyHasItem("%tutu_var%MISC43")~ ~PartyHasItem("abgfEyeL")
PartyHasItem("abgfEyeR")~
REPLACE_TRANS_TRIGGER %tutu_var%oublek BEGIN 10 END BEGIN 5 END ~!PartyHasItem("%tutu_var%MISC43")~ ~!PartyHasItem("abgfEyeL")
!PartyHasItem("abgfEyeR")~
REPLACE_TRANS_ACTION %tutu_var%oublek BEGIN 14 END BEGIN 0 END ~TakePartyItem("%tutu_var%MISC43")~ ~TakePartyItem("abgfEyeL")
TakePartyItem("abgfEyeR")~
REPLACE_TRANS_ACTION oublek BEGIN 4 END BEGIN 0 END ~TakePartyItem("MISC43")~ ~~
REPLACE_TRANS_ACTION oublek BEGIN 4 END BEGIN 0 END ~GivePartyGold(300)~ ~GivePartyGold(300) TakePartyItem("abgfEyeL") TakePartyItem("abgfEyeR")~

//adding new states that give half the reward when only one item gets turned in
APPEND %tutu_var%oublek
IF ~~ THEN BEGIN abLeftEye
  SAY ~One of the Emeralds! That will be a 150 gold bounty for you.  Be sure to bring the other if you should find it.~//this is custom text
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~AddexperienceParty(100)
GivePartyGold(150)
TakePartyItem("abgfEyeL")
SetGlobal("abgf_LeftEyeBounty","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT
END
IF ~~ THEN BEGIN abRightEye
  SAY ~One of the Emeralds! That will be a 150 gold bounty for you.  Be sure to bring the other if you should find it.~//this is custom text
GivePartyGold(150)
TakePartyItem("abgfEyeR")
SetGlobal("abgf_RightEyeBounty","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT
END
IF ~~ THEN BEGIN abLeftEyeLast
  SAY ~The last of the Emeralds! That will be another 150 gold bounty for you. Well, you'll make quite a name for yourself among the bounty hunters if you keep this up.  Whether it is for better or worse, I do not know.~//this is custom text
GivePartyGold(150)
TakePartyItem("abgfEyeL")
SetGlobal("abgf_LeftEyeBounty","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT
END
IF ~~ THEN BEGIN abRightEyeLast
  SAY ~The last of the Emeralds! That will be another 150 gold bounty for you. Well, you'll make quite a name for yourself among the bounty hunters if you keep this up.  Whether it is for better or worse, I do not know.~//this is custom text
GivePartyGold(150)
SetGlobal("abgf_RightEyeBounty","GLOBAL",1) ~ EXIT
END

END //end the append

//adding additional transitions that allow the player to turn in only one of the two required items for good boy
EXTEND_BOTTOM %tutu_var%oublek 9
IF ~PartyHasItem("abgfEyeL")
!PartyHasItem("abgfEyeR")
Global("abgf_LeftEyeBounty","GLOBAL",0)
Global("abgf_RightEyeBounty","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN REPLY ~I've come to turn in a bounty, and collect the reward that is duly mine.~ GOTO abLeftEye
IF ~!PartyHasItem("abgfEyeL")
PartyHasItem("abgfEyeR")
Global("abgf_LeftEyeBounty","GLOBAL",0)
Global("abgf_RightEyeBounty","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN REPLY ~I've come to turn in a bounty, and collect the reward that is duly mine.~ GOTO abRightEye
IF ~PartyHasItem("abgfEyeL")
Global("abgf_RightEyeBounty","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN REPLY ~I've come to turn in a bounty, and collect the reward that is duly mine.~ GOTO abLeftEyeLast
IF ~!PartyHasItem("abgfEyeL")
PartyHasItem("abgfEyeR")
Global("abgf_LeftEyeBounty","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN REPLY ~I've come to turn in a bounty, and collect the reward that is duly mine.~ GOTO abRightEyeLast
END //end the extend bottom

//adding additional transitions that continue to keep 'bad boy' player from getting full reward. If they turn in only one gem, they get rewarded but can't turn in the other or resolve brage issue with oublek. It is an overall punishment when compared to 'good boy' rewards.
EXTEND_BOTTOM %tutu_var%oublek 10
IF ~Global("OublekBounty2","GLOBAL",0)
PartyHasItem("abgfEyeL")
Global("BroughtBounty","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN REPLY ~I've come to turn in a bounty, and collect the reward that is duly mine.~ GOTO 14
IF ~Global("OublekBounty2","GLOBAL",0)
!PartyHasItem("abgfEyeL")
PartyHasItem("abgfEyeR")
Global("BroughtBounty","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN REPLY ~I've come to turn in a bounty, and collect the reward that is duly mine.~ GOTO 14
END //end the extend bottom

//adjustments needed for prism to work with the rest of the component
ADD_STATE_TRIGGER %tutu_var%prism 0 ~HasItem("abgfEyeL",Myself)
HasItem("abgfEyeR",Myself)~

//REPLACE_TRANS_ACTION prism BEGIN 7 END BEGIN 0 moved to separate files for BGT+Tutu / BG

ADD_STATE_TRIGGER %tutu_var%prism 8 ~Global("ab_GemStoleResolve","GLOBAL",1)~

REPLACE_TRANS_ACTION %tutu_var%prism BEGIN 9 END BEGIN 0 END ~GiveItem("%tutu_var%MISC43","GREYWOLF")~
~GiveItem("abgfEyeL","GREYWOLF")
GiveItem("abgfEyeR","GREYWOLF")
SetGlobal("abgf_GemInEye","GLOBAL",3)~ //anything not one means that either the gems were not in container when obtained OR the penalty was applied
//only way to get items if player allowed greywolf to attack prism is to attack greywolf before prism is dead and hopefully kill him before he runs away.

APPEND %tutu_var%prism
IF ~NumTimesTalkedTo(0)
!HasItem("abgfEyeL",Myself)
!HasItem("abgfEyeR",Myself)
PartyHasItem("abgfEyeL")
PartyHasItem("abgfEyeR")
Global("ab_GemStoleResolve","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN BEGIN abBothStole
 SAY ~My Emeralds! You! You took them! I must have them back. I need them to finish this epiphany. Please, please return them. I will give you all else that is mine.~
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #4750 DO ~SetGlobal("ab_GemStoleResolve","GLOBAL",1)~ GOTO abRelent
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #4751 DO ~SetGlobal("ab_GemStoleResolve","GLOBAL",1)~ GOTO 3
END
IF ~~ THEN BEGIN abRelent
  SAY #678
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~TakePartyItem("abgfEyeL")
CreateCreature("GREYWO",[1267.2579],0)
ClearAllActions()
StartCutSceneMode()
StartCutScene("Prismcut")~ EXIT
END
PartyHasItem("abgfEyeR")
Global("ab_GemStoleResolve","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN BEGIN abRightStole
 SAY ~My Emerald! You! You took it! I must have it back. I need it to finish this epiphany. Please, please return it. I will give you all else that is mine.~
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~All that is yours, eh?  So be it.~ DO ~SetGlobal("ab_GemStoleResolve","GLOBAL",1)~ GOTO abRelent
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~"All else that is yours" does not concern me.  I'm taking you and the gems to the guard, where I shall get a hefty reward.~ DO ~SetGlobal("ab_GemStoleResolve","GLOBAL",1)~ GOTO 3
END
IF ~!HasItem("abgfEyeL",Myself)
HasItem("abgfEyeR",Myself)
PartyHasItem("abgfEyeL")
Global("ab_GemStoleResolve","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN BEGIN abLeftStole
 SAY ~My Emerald! You! You took it! I must have it back. I need it to finish this epiphany. Please, please return it. I will give you all else that is mine.~
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~All that is yours, eh?  So be it.~ DO ~SetGlobal("ab_GemStoleResolve","GLOBAL",1)~ GOTO abRelent
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~"All else that is yours" does not concern me.  I'm taking you and the gems to the guard, where I shall get a hefty reward.~ DO ~SetGlobal("ab_GemStoleResolve","GLOBAL",1)~ GOTO 3
END
IF ~!HasItem("abgfEyeL",Myself)
!PartyHasItem("abgfEyeL")
Global("ab_GemStoleResolve","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN BEGIN abBothStoleButGone
 SAY ~My Emeralds! You! You took them! I must have them back. I need them to finish this epiphany. Please, please return them. I will give you all else that is mine.~
  IF ~Global("OublekBounty2","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN REPLY ~They are gone. Given to the authorities. You will never finish that lump of stone now.~ DO ~SetGlobal("ab_GemStoleResolve","GLOBAL",1)~ GOTO 8
  IF ~Global("OublekBounty2","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN REPLY ~They are gone. Sold by now to hang on the neck as some fat woman's trinket.~ DO ~SetGlobal("ab_GemStoleResolve","GLOBAL",1)~ GOTO 8
END

HasItem("abgfEyeR",Myself)~ THEN stillworking
SAY ~I've much work to do. But mayhaps you would help a foolish sculptor finish this epiphany now?  Please, guard this place, for surely Greywolf will come.  I will pay with my last possessions!~
COPY_TRANS %tutu_var%prism 1
END
END//end the append

oublek_addBG.d (can be out into oublek.d for a BG-only install):
REPLACE_TRANS_ACTION prism BEGIN 7 END BEGIN 0 END ~DropInventory()~
~DestroyItem("abgfEyeL") DestroyItem("abgfEyeR") SetGlobal("abgf_GemInEye","GLOBAL",1)~

//Make sure the containers are empty if Prism can't put in the gems any more.
//ONLY apply if the emeralds really cannot be returned to Prism

ADD_TRANS_ACTION prism BEGIN 3 8 END BEGIN 0 END ~Unlock("A6StatueRightEye") Unlock("A6StatueLeftEye") ActionOverride("A6StatueRightEye",DestroyItem("abgfEyeR")) ActionOverride("A6StatueLeftEye",DestroyItem("abgfEyeL"))~

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2012, 12:32:49 PM »
BG1:
I have a weird behaviour. If I make a quick save before talking to Prism the first time, and then load the save, Prism doesn't have the custom emeralds. I know he had them for the game I saved, because I played the quest. When I load that save, he gives his "You! You took my emerlads" speech. This is really weird.

The "Prism initiates dialogue to prevent the player to open container" doesn't work 100% for me. Sometimes, the party thief remains in a greater distance ("hangs") but the container still opens. I tried adding a "Clicked([ANYONE])" ot the container script but either I did it wrong or it doesn't work:
For the first part, make a save prior to entering the area for the first time.  That can save some hassle from any wonkiness that might go on due to changes in the component between tests.

for the second part, i know that can happen...
we could try increasing the range that Prism sees.  He's got the code to move him back to spot if the party member moves out of range.  Just don't increase it too much.  Just enough that it would seem like he's noticed you approaching his work area.  Otherwise he's oblivious to whats going on cause he is focused on getting the statue done.

stupid me decided to clean up my drive a bit.  uninstalled bunch of the IE games etc... (do i really need to have 3 versions of BG installed?  no, just keep one for standard work and only install a vanilla version to test with after major changes :P ) i saved the fixpack but forgot to keep the game saves so i gotta replay from the beginning  :(

side note:  if you have 5521 version and 'downgrade' to 5512 to use the widescreen mod your mission pack save file becomes incompatible.
My working mods:

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2012, 12:51:42 PM »
To the save wonkiness: After every new install, I start with a save where I haven't been to AR5400 yet, then I cheat there (and walk and walk and walk...) to Prism.
Once reaching him, I do a quicksave I want to use for several test runs.
If continuing directly, he has the emeralds. If I load that quicksave, they are gone.

Maybe give them to him via his or the area script?

Btw: I don't have saves, either. I am cheating my way through to the places I want to be. It's tedious if the opponents are rather strong and my PC keeps dying.

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2012, 01:15:16 PM »
Btw: I don't have saves, either. I am cheating my way through to the places I want to be. It's tedious if the opponents are rather strong and my PC keeps dying.
SwordCoast Keeper FTW  or for BG2 variants  Shadow Keeper  ^^
I load the start save up in that, give max exp and better gear if i want, then just go thru the areas till i'm there. ^^

If continuing directly, he has the emeralds. If I load that quicksave, they are gone.
THAT is odd and should not happen at all. The items are on his cre file after the mod is installed, a quick  save should not remove them.  I'll test that out too and see if it repeats for me
My working mods:

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2012, 04:03:29 PM »
I de-tutu-ified the code you provided above, installed it, hurried protagonist and imoen to nashkel, spoke with oublek (tho that isn't necessary), went to edge of map & saved
used swordcoast keeper to max exp on the party members. loaded the modified save, leveled them up, and saved again.
went into mines area, walked down to prism, quick saved with him in sight.
imoen managed to unlock both containers AND i had try to move her closer before prism 'saw' her
spoke with prism and refused him, spoke again and accepted this to guard him, killed greywolf, got gems from eyes.
went back to oublek and turned them in one at a time.

loaded the quick save, and had imoen pick prism's pockets.  she got both gems.

loaded quick save again, spoke with prism and agreed to let him finish the statue, killed greywolf and got gems from the eyes.

I can not repeat the issue that you were having with your quick save not having the gems present with prism....

what i can do tho is tweak the dialog initiation stuff a bit so that he'll interrupt a player trying to open the containers
My working mods:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: