Author Topic: SPOILER: Not-Bonded Path and Reaction  (Read 3938 times)

Offline tatyan85

• Planewalker
SPOILER: Not-Bonded Path and Reaction
« on: February 05, 2012, 12:15:19 PM »
Hi!^^
Yes, it is me again <.<
I am re-playing the mod (I discovered I lost some glorious stuff, like the drunken part O_O HOW it happened, I had no idea! O.O) so, I am going to make some questions, just to be sure... don't hate me too much é.è it is only because I am in love with the mod^^ and with Xan  ;D

1. Which NPC (I guess only Bioware ones, right?) has a reaction to Xan behavious in the Not-Bonded path? ò.ò I only got Amonen the first time.

2. How can I precisely make the drunken-thing happen? *_*

3. Not exactly a question, but I am curious. After defeating Bodhi, when the PC talk with Xan and tell him "So they were elves after all" Xan says the only thing I really haven't understood in the whole mod O.o something like "you would do that too. You would take somebody spirit if it helped you to survive". Which I could understand if <CHARNAME> was evil but in most case it doesn't make much sense o.o Also, I incidentally found it the cruelest thing he says at all^^

Again, thank you!^^

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: SPOILER: Not-Bonded Path and Reaction
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 12:44:42 PM »
Well, there are two kinds of drunk talks. You get the first one, when you are simply very drunk at the tavern(buy a couple of drinks and find out). The second one, with sex, starts via player-initiated dialogue(let us drink and make love tonight, for tomorrow we may be dead), after all 15 regular talks have triggered. It will lead to sex only if you 1) offer him a drink; 2) offer strong wine instead of regular one; 3) before the conversation, wear some equipment or use spells that give you a CHA of 18 or more(or if your natural CHA is 18+) - then you'll get him to sleep with you, get the morning-after talk and get an additional player-initiated option afterwards.

With breakup-related stuff, let me see: Aerie, Anomen, Edwin, Imoen, Jaheira, Korgan, Minsc, Viconia.

Aaand with spirit stuff, it's been quite a while, but I think it's this - for someone like Xan, seeing his elven beloved without her spirit is like seeing a zombie - he's scared out of his wits, and, coupled with the legends of the Bhaalspawn and with the Slayer(not to mention sleep-deprivation), he's starting to slip, and to be really afraid to wake up next to a real monster. Worst of all is, Xan used to feel elven Charname thourgh the Spirit before she lost her soul, just as he'd feel Kivan or his elven friends from Evereska: Xan would know their mood, or their "level of goodness" :) , or their intention. Xan used to rely on their communion, on this close connection - but now there's nothing, darkness, a blank wall, and it terrifies him. So in his darkest moments, he may well assume the worst.
(Not to mention that privately, I think that if there was an opportunity to kill someone and to steal someone's spirit so that Charname would live, I think Xan would come very close to doing it, to save her).

Offline tatyan85

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 02:21:16 AM »
Ah thank you for the fast reply! :D

Yes, I get it :) I also think that many of his preconceptions about elves have been sorely tested in SOA. The poor darling  ;D

Awh... Can't wait for the dialogue between him and Viconia about the breack up (I'll conjure Vic only for that I think lol)
You have truly created a wonderful character^^ Again, high praise! True elves are hard to come by.

Last question!^^I have found a portrait of Xan I would like to use (this one, if you would like to know: http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/103/6/6/66cdd6a6b7e476764d00a6943cf62df4.jpg ) but I don't know the name of Xan's portrait file^^ If you could tell me...^^

I swear it is the last xD

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 03:07:57 AM »
You'll have to put XanL.bmp, XanM.bmp and XanS.bmp into the Portraits directory, I think. Not sure, though, as it's been a while.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: