Author Topic: Is Kelsey actually supposed to make sound?  (Read 8741 times)

Jones

Is Kelsey actually supposed to make sound?
« on: October 01, 2011, 04:48:04 AM »
I was lead to believe that this character was voice acted. Is this the case?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Is Kelsey actually supposed to make sound?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 08:35:13 AM »
Yes, both SoA and ToB parts are voiced. During the installation, do not close the black DOS window until the audio files are fully unpacked(i.e. if/when prompted to press Enter to continue, press it and wait). After the installation there should be lots of new .wav files in your override directory.

Dude

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 01:48:44 AM »
Thank you

Jones

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 01:59:02 AM »
I re-installed both Kelsey SOA and TOB and did as you said.I did not close the window and after I hit enter nothing happened. The window just closes on itself. When I load up my game again Kelsey is still not talking. It is very annoying. Please help.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 05:44:57 AM »
First, run your game again, select Kelsey and press K. See if this fixes your problem.

If not, try to do this:

Uninstall Kelsey fully. Delete all Kelsey-related files from your BG2 directory, but _before that_ make sure there's no mention of Kelsey in your Weidu.log except for "recently uninstalled". Download both mods again, make sure Kelsey and Kelsey-Tob downloaded successfully and fully. Then close the game and all game-related utilities, and run Kelsey-SoA(just Kelsey-SoA for the moment) again, do everything the install requires of you. Make sure Kelsey-SoA is now in your Weidu.log. Make sure lots of files named like *klsy*.wav are in your override folder now(if not, reinstall the mod). Then run the game from the point before you enter the Government District for the first time. Enter the Government District and meet Kelsey. Should work. If it does, you can exit the game install Kelsey-ToB in the same manner.

Jones

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 10:39:14 PM »
Works now. I appreciate the time you took to respond and help me out. Cheers.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: