Author Topic: I think I really screwed up.  (Read 3518 times)

Offline MrFrost

• Throw Back Dungeon Master
  • Planewalker
  • All Your Base Belong To Us
I think I really screwed up.
« on: September 20, 2011, 06:38:14 AM »
Ok just to start, I have been playing the Baldurs Gate series for years. Never finished one game for some reason. Well, this past year I finally finish BG1 and a moved on to BG2. (Of course my interest was peaked with all the great mods I found here.)

I've made it to chapter 3 and completed just about every mission I could think of but now I am stuck and I think I know why. I didnt join the vampires and I killed the shadow thieves. I wasnt aware I needed them and now I am stuck. I am not sure what to do at this point and I put alot of time into the game to have to start all over again. Can anyone help?
"I can kill with a single word. I can hurl a ball of fire into the midst of my enemies. I rule a squadron of skeletal warriors, who can destroy by touch alone. I can raise a wall of ice to protect those I serve. The invisible is discernible to my eyes. Ordinary magic spells crumble in my presence."

Offline MrFrost

• Planewalker
Re: I think I really screwed up.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 08:08:46 AM »
Although, I think I did pay em off. I looked through my quest from chapter 1 & 2 and all of the quests are completed aside from the lich quest and the planur sphere quest that im working on now. There is nothing in my chapter 3 quests.
"I can kill with a single word. I can hurl a ball of fire into the midst of my enemies. I rule a squadron of skeletal warriors, who can destroy by touch alone. I can raise a wall of ice to protect those I serve. The invisible is discernible to my eyes. Ordinary magic spells crumble in my presence."

Offline Jarno Mikkola

• The Imp.
  • Planewalker
    • website jocuri
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 08:58:35 AM »
Note sure, but Console-ing to the "ar1600" area should solve most of your problem...

But there's no way you could have killed all the Shadow Thieves... as there's one(leader) that can kill you with one melee hit and he is unkillable without the vampire dialog caused help.
Now, are you even sure you are talking about the right thieves... the back room in #2 of the house in the dock district.

Offline MrFrost

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 10:20:50 AM »
i killed Edwin and all his buddies so I couldnt get the proof and that other guild in the poor area. As for the leader in the docks district i dont remember him getting me a ride or anything. Maybe I should go back and talk to him again but I am pretty sure he keeps asking for proof that I never got cause I killed em all.

Ill have to talk with the leader again just to make sure.

Offline Jarno Mikkola

• The Imp.
  • Planewalker
    • website jocuri
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 11:11:02 AM »
You don't have to do that quest... so you can just skip ahead and speak to Aran Linvail, as he is behind the secret door that can be opened with the key you payed the money for...

Offline Ishad Nha

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 11:23:26 AM »
ShadowKeeper's Item Browser shows that the item code for Edwin's key is Edwinkey, so you can console it in.

Offline MrFrost

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 05:34:48 PM »
Ok, from what I gather I didn't side with the vampires or the thieves. they are both saying i am their enemy. But as far as I can tell i did pay them butr have no key. should I just cheat and see what that does?

Offline Ishad Nha

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 09:07:46 PM »
Keys to Aran's lair would be item codes "Key12" or "Misc4s".
Presumably, if both Vampires and Shadow Thieves are hostile you will need to console your way to Brynnlaw, which is area code AR1600.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: