Author Topic: Is there a mod that allows customizing party member names  (Read 1544 times)

epeter

Is there a mod that allows customizing party member names
« on: September 05, 2011, 02:33:51 AM »
The subject says it all. Is there a mod which allows you to change the name of party members like Jaheira, Edwin, Minsc, etc. so that the new name is correctly used in dialogues and in the character sheet? Affecting the biographies would be just an bonus.

If it does not exist, would it be hard to create? I am myself not familiar with BG modding but I it might just a matter of scanning the proper files with regular expressions. Obviously this will not affect speech which might be a little odd for some characters, especially Imoen.

Offline Jarno Mikkola

• The Imp.
  • Planewalker
    • website jocuri
Re: Is there a mod that allows customizing party member names
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 03:10:13 AM »
Nope, there's no such mod... because it involves overriding most if not all the strings in the dialog.tlk, and it definitely needs to be the last mod to be installed... well, just before the widescreen mod and the Generalized biffing, but still, nearly the last.

In a way, it might be easy to make, but far harder to contain. Say you have a sound file that says the name... :P

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: